Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Author Topic: Between the Rivers: Gods Adrift [IC]  (Read 21489 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Between the Rivers: Gods Adrift [IC]
« Reply #105 on: April 23, 2019, 07:07:24 am »

And the Midan had said, Peace, my child. Lo, I am a forgiving master, and I understand. It is meet that you should follow my word as lo entiendes, and, Lo, I know that I may trust that corrections like this shall be few and rare.

And the Midan had said, You shall take pilgrimage even as you have said, and the blood that has been taken from these oasis people shall be repaid thusly: You will select venti of those who have partaken of the raids, or of their offspring, whom you feel may be lost without being greatly missed, and offer them up in sacrifice to the gods of the oasis people as they have been named to me, Lo, ten unto the Hombre Metallico and ten unto the Door, as a gift from me. These shall you deliver unto the said people, along with my message to be brought unto their priests and delivered upon those selfsame gods, which shall be: Lo, I am the Midan, I am the Speaker and the Spoken, and in despite of the gran potencia of my people I have come to you under the colour of peace, that we may be of an accord. For there are yet other powers, Lo, even now I know of a great foame in the North which knows not, I fear, razón, and it is meet that we guides and protectors of mortal souls should be allied. Thus do I offer you this sacrifice in token of mutual support.

And the Midan had said, This message you shall ensure is delivered precisely as i have said it, and I will consider your penance justly completed. Sorrow no further, for error is easily forgotten in the heavens and correction long remembered. By your atonement you show that my trust is well-placed.

And the Midan, satisfied, had said, Before you take your leave, I ask that you assemble before me the half-breeds that have been born according to my will, that is to say, those who are of both man and baleine, that I may grant my blessing upon them.

And when this was done, the Midan had sent forth a great gout of fire from the volcano, which touched the souls of the half-breeds, who would thereafter be called Fireborn; and they were thus changed:

Name: Fireborn
Appearance: Horrifying human/whale monstrosities.
Traits:
-Natural shamans, with an intrinsic rapport with spirits, especially but not exclusively those related to fire and fertility;
-Great wisdom and intelligence suitable for such practitioners;
-Capable of reproduction, in case being hybrids possibly made them sterile before. No more fertile than the typical whale or human, though, I already have people for that.

Altering a group of organisms, 2cp

And the Midan had said, Lo, these and their children will be great priests and shamans, and you shall set them up in organised devotion to me; and Lo, you need not bring forth more such hybrids, nor Plodding Felly either, but allow each kind to make its increase separately, and the most worthy of the Fireborn you shall both furnish with child as desired, so that all three races may grow in balance. And Lo, did you not have elephants before? I should like more of those as well, even if they are only a minority in my empire. You need not yield hybrids with them either, unless you so desire, but perhaps I shall consider empowering a Prophet unto Elephants to complete the trifecta when the time is right.

And the Midan patiently waited for confirmation that this was done correctly before using the rest of his power this turn.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 26, 2019, 08:41:31 am »

Feeling oneself much like moving an arm, or a finger--any nerve or sensory tip--but present in the scattered people in a land of spirits, was very natural, and yet very different if envisioned from a human point of view.

Tala noticed she had one of these influence tips right next to her champion--despite her failure in ingressing. She bade greetings onto her, and asked if she had time to talk--as what would be said would be of grave importance.

She also mentioned in specifics, that she had discovered much in her travels and presence in the long time between her last visit and now, and wanted to confront many possible...assumptions she assumed Diwata had formed, given her unspoken language. And she was curious as to Innol, too! She inquired if she could ingress to talk to her, or otherwise go in person to converse.

She awaited the response.

Free action: Poke subsoul politely through influence square (pink square on map)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 26, 2019, 08:46:02 am »

Diwata stirs, and after what seemed to be an hour, Diwata answered. "I have time to talk, yes Tala. Unfortunately, I cannot make journey currently- far too many necessities of rule and negotiation, you see."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2019, 09:04:59 am »

Diwata stirs, and after what seemed to be an hour, Diwata answered. "I have time to talk, yes Tala. Unfortunately, I cannot make journey currently- far too many necessities of rule and negotiation, you see."
"I am proud of you. I also recall what you said earlier about using lightroot; that was wise."

Tala mentioned that she would bring forth 2 other champions--one from lightroot, and another from the lawgiver/teacher with the most wise or learned personality; she would attempt to boost this and broaden their insight in order to aid Diwata and others in the coming years. The lightroot one was for tending to the lightroot and ensuring diversity in its growth and its use.

She told her that there would be a lot of time for thought--and her suggestions for recommended people (and feedback). She would be mentioning many things. And teaching people how to get resources from the depths of the lands--it would be dangerous, and may lead to death.

But foremost, she mentioned that through those materials or anything at present, she wished to connect better with this place and the people around--and mentioned that she would become a more prominent form, needing the help of people to make in its full potential.

She awaited wise counsel...after complimenting the obvious monument. She voiced wonder on what it was from.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 09:38:00 am by Tiruin »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 26, 2019, 09:26:15 am »

"I had it built as the centrepiece of my new home. I needed distance from everything else."

Diwata's thoughts feel bland, perhaps a bit confused.She slowly but surely communicates about the regular politicking and relationships of the various tribes of the Lawful People, Lawful Decisions, and contact with other peoples. She lists and names new villages, migrations, art and meals of note. She mentions other powerful entities to the west along the river, as well as beyond the northern desert.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 09:58:38 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 26, 2019, 09:39:28 am »

Tala loved language--communication was the funnel by which she could even access this place, and this was known unspokenly in her soul. "Had it built" was quite a shift that casual speakers may miss, but this peaked her curiosity.

She asked who built it.

free action? Check champion for tampering of any sort. If not a free action--don't do please.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 26, 2019, 09:47:24 am »

Her followers, her tribe, some of the husks.

Tala is unable to to determine anything related to tampering. She senses nothing that would imply that from Diwata.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 26, 2019, 10:00:57 am »

She replied to Diwata that she was proud about her and her endeavors. Tala praised her willingness in communicating with others, spirit or otherwise--and mentioned she would be going about her tasks now; Diwata was always free to give feedback through and within any action, and if she needed anything, she was expected to come by, physically. She made a request for her: In the next coming--Tala will make a mountain to aid the people, and an innate temple within (since Diwata didn't make one); she could use all the help she has in between now and later. Worship would be nice, introductions to the spirits of the area would be great too, but foremost would be gathering of materials to help her with her form through the years, as Tala was bound to the area and thus depended on others in this manner.

She felt very curious, but awaited a final response before proceeding with her tasks.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 26, 2019, 10:02:58 am »

"Of course. Yes, materials can be sourced from corvee and the like; labour as well. Spirits. Well, which would you like to make congress with?"
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 26, 2019, 10:30:08 am »

"Of course. Yes, materials can be sourced from corvee and the like; labour as well. Spirits. Well, which would you like to make congress with?"
Tala mentioned the spirits of the lands she was in, for she would act upon the floodplains and give knowledge later on for both weapons and health--currently, she would begin sowing the seeds for them, by making more champions to help--and more means to work alongside the spirits and nature.

She asked if this was satisfactory, especially to the spirits of Innol, who she wanted to know (and she did want Diwata to tell her all about them and such)--because if it was, she would finally get to acting on her works.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 26, 2019, 10:33:46 am »

Diwata stayed silent for a few moments, before...almost embarrassingly saying "that's...a very long list Tala. There are...principles amongst them, but they do not speak for all. Indeed, your actions would anger some, please others. Spirits of the bare ground would be affronted by the spread of life. Spirits of individual species may recoil from the eruption of new plants, especially those unrelated....it can get quite complicated."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 26, 2019, 10:49:22 am »

Diwata stayed silent for a few moments, before...almost embarrassingly saying "that's...a very long list Tala. There are...principles amongst them, but they do not speak for all. Indeed, your actions would anger some, please others. Spirits of the bare ground would be affronted by the spread of life. Spirits of individual species may recoil from the eruption of new plants, especially those unrelated....it can get quite complicated."
Tala apologized. "I was meant to explain that it will be a long time before this happens--I plan it to be like it is now, but with protection for all others."

She also added an aside--she noticed how...different her plans in intensity of artifacts were, and promised to make another for Diwata (the one she has now can be used for ceremony, festivity, or as training and healthy competition). She however made it important that she would not do this action unbidden. She would first consult with the spirits before doing so--but could do so right now (because of champions, teaching, and the form). She tried to project onto Diwata the extent of the mountain, what would be affected, how it can differ in how it will be formed...and basically outlined the change to her champion in various ways possible to herself. It would become a natural wonder, home to possibly many monuments alongside herself, people, animals, and various spirits.

"I can make the inside habitable to all, too, including making areas for the displaced spirits, but I do not yet much know how these work, fully." She mentioned her presence in time was very different to her champions (which was why she prioritized their presence first--and why she would still try to ingress later and communicate).

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2019, 06:07:39 pm »

Diwata listens to Tala's mountain formation; her thoughts are those of scepticism and pity. "As you wish, Tala. I shall have to send word for evacuation then."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2019, 10:42:16 pm »

Lo, the Midan had demanded the assembly of his peoples, at least those who were within audible range, and the Midan had taught them many things: Not of ships or sealing wax, nor of kings, which they had certainly worked out for themselves, but of the certain stones hidden deep within the mountains which, when brought to the surface and treated in fire, can yield forth the shining material the gods call "metal", with which various tools can be made, most especially stronger, fiercer weapons.

And the Midan had said, with these weapons you shall conquer the peoples even more than before, excepting those who will trade beneficially with you, as previously discussed.

1 action: Teaching the basic secrets of metallurgy to the Volcano tribes.

And as if to punctuate this point, the Midan had ejected a boulder of obsidian from the volcano and had stricken it with a bolt of lightning, whereupon it instantly clove into the shape of a hammer, full of Midan's power.

Name: Excellent Hammer of the Craftsbro
Appearance: A solid piece of obsidian with the barest of concessions toward hammerness. Even its haft is obsidian, which would be a terrible idea if it weren't magic.
Purpose: Provides +2 to PS and +1 to SS; everything crafted using the Hammer is also 100% more excellent at whatever it is supposed to do or be than it would be otherwise. Skill of the craftsbro still matters in determining the base quality to which this bonus is applied.

And the Midan had said, Lo, you shall award this to the one among you who is best at crafting, and pass it down through the generations thusly.

1 action: Creating a Powerful Accoutrement, 2 DP + 2 CP + 2 Essence

And lastly the Midan had said, There will be certain rocks which contain metal which you yet cannot free without greater heat than the fire upon mere wood can produce; thus I teach you the secret of black wood from the strangled fire: burn wood under a blanket of earth, such that it heats but cannot burn through, for fire requires air to breed; some of the wood will blacken with char, and this char, if stored carefully such that it remains dry, will burn much hotter when lighted under normal air, as sundry substances which steal away heat from the fire will already have been driven out of it. Thus may you use the black wood to stoke your furnaces hot enough to smelt even the recondite metal the gods call "isen", with which you shall surely take over the world.
1 action: Teaching the secret of the strangled fire.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 28, 2019, 01:07:42 pm »

Diwata listens to Tala's mountain formation; her thoughts are those of scepticism and pity. "As you wish, Tala. I shall have to send word for evacuation then."
"Not now though. I will tell you when that happens. I've realized a lot since I have come to talk to you and others. Your thoughts are mine and mine are yours--and I would love to get more accustomed to this place. For now, instead, please focus on trading knowledge with our nearest neighbors--where you met the bird and their people please. Trade my teachings for their teachings--something to help work with my teaching of dredging metals. But please keep it only to us and those you trade with, for there are those who wish to kill us as I have seen and heard.

"In time I will bring more--but I need a way to communicate with you before I return again. I will task the other champions with establishing that kind of network--or do so myself the next time I come. I will also help with the floodplains and the flatlands before even thinking of making a mountain. I have realized much, and I would appreciate it if you were forthright with me, for you know this place and the spirits and the people more than I, and you have been disappointed with I. I have yet to tell you of how I understand my time and my ways to interact with you all, but it will come in time and my next visits. Please be ready to prepare.

"Also would you like me to remake you since I realized my commandments were very...suited for a different time and age?"

Tala is pensive.

In time she would reveal how she understood the truth of how she interacted with the people and the world. And she realized she needed help in doing so.

First/Second Actions: SUBSOUL CREATE (spend 2 essence into CP)
Tala spoke through those worshippers and her people in the plains and expeditions--those who knew the ones around them, and inquired on several things needed--primarily, one of good parenting experience and whom was regarded as respected by the tribes overall, and secondarily, one of wisdom, of an open-mind, and of a charismatic and insightful tongue; these characteristics could easily be moulded by Tala, but it was always good to have some sort of precedent in consideration after becoming a champion.

She also thus looked for lightroot--primarily, one with saturation of great value, which had primarily been treated extremely well by the tribes and the people and exposed to much a song, lore, concept, and thought, and secondarily, one that had a lineage and connection with much other lightroots. This would moreso become the tender of her lightroot--the one to express their potential in her absence, and ensure their growth for their souls later on.

This she committed to, and done so through her champion and her people. And thus she waited for suitable respondents. She did outlay her ideas of actually helping both health and agriculture the next time she would arrive, or to teach measurements in order for Diwata and others to know when she would approximately arrive, and in general to best prepare for other circumstances and organize their workings; she asked which was preferable.

She also mentioned that she would better...preface these kinds of searches next time with the help of whomever she would pick.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 03:38:13 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17