Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23

Author Topic: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition  (Read 21575 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition
« Reply #120 on: October 29, 2020, 08:21:03 am »

"This stupid crate why won't it just DIE!"
Just go berserk on this thing and hit it with item, stat, skill, and ability I have available to me until the damned thing opens.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 29, 2020, 08:25:21 am »

>Go rain turtle hunting, so I can get some golden pennies.

Also, where's the golden nickels, golden dimes, and golden quarters?
it's over

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 29, 2020, 04:11:24 pm »

It seems that the assassin was successful enough to have magic junk. This requires additional attention.
Al will use some of the assassin's blood to create a Bloody Mary (Hold the Mary) then use it as a regent to cast Blood Memory; the primary goal of this would be to identify the magic junk and figure out why she tried to kill me.

As this is a blood magic spell and not a druid spell, it doesn't take a druid spell slot to use. (Does require blood regents, but barring a downright embarrassing amount of brewing failures that won't be a problem)
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 29, 2020, 06:44:29 pm »

REDESRCJ
(Reading roll=16%+81% from previous)
You continue trying to read The Secrets of The Mountain of Dusk. It talks about various alleged secret societies and cabals that have a presence or have met upon the mountain, such as The Order of the Knowing Suits, The Order of the Mad Path, The Society of the Hidden Rebirth, The Guild of the Boundless Lotus, The Society of the Jade Court, The Order of the Dead Rose, and The Order of the Timeless Fox.

Supposedly these secret societies are performing blood sacrifices, trying to summon demons or elder gods, or capture leylines that are present on the mountain, including the Grand Leyline of Dusk.

You don't quite make it to the end of the book, there's about three percent left, but it's been difficult trying to follow the weird conspiratorial tone it's taken on.

After this, you still have Mountains of the World, Why No One Talks About The Mountain of Dusk Anymore, Basic Geomantic Experimentation, and 18 Facts About the Mountain of Dusk Everyone Thinks are True left to read.

"This stupid crate why won't it just DIE!"
Just go berserk on this thing and hit it with item, stat, skill, and ability I have available to me until the damned thing opens.
(Small creature kicking roll 30%=17% Success!)(Zebra Strength roll 45%=15% Success!)
You get ready to throw everything you've got at this stupid crate, first kicking it, and finally managing to do some appreciable damage (5d6 Kick damage=13), about thirteen points of kick, which (13 Kick=93%-60% Unstructurability bonus=33% Still structurable) doesn't quite break it, but you're not done yet.

You throw another couple bricks at it (Brick throwing roll 20%=*3%), which don't seem to dent it.

Then you once again ask the station wagon for help (Wagon language roll 14%=96% Failure), which seems to cause it to try and fail to toss bricks at the crate.

Finally, you whip out your MP40 (firearm use roll 24%= 93% Failure), somehow managing to completely miss the crate.

(Secret Star Sign ability roll)
Even your celestial luck is not able to overcome this crate. It is, perhaps, beyond your power to open.

>Go rain turtle hunting, so I can get some golden pennies.

Also, where's the golden nickels, golden dimes, and golden quarters?
Finding your way to the beach, you easily spot some of the many rain turtles that inhabit it, and take aim (Long-range combat roll 72%=10% Success!), hit one for (6d6 bullet damage=20) 20 bullet damage. The rain turtle (20 Bullet=49%-23% Unvitality bonus=26% Still Concious) is nearly one-shot by this, but manages to still remain standing.

The rain turtle is now gathering up rain energy to perform a retaliatory strike, and beachgoers around you are giving you strange looks.

It seems that the assassin was successful enough to have magic junk. This requires additional attention.
Al will use some of the assassin's blood to create a Bloody Mary (Hold the Mary) then use it as a regent to cast Blood Memory; the primary goal of this would be to identify the magic junk and figure out why she tried to kill me.

As this is a blood magic spell and not a druid spell, it doesn't take a druid spell slot to use. (Does require blood regents, but barring a downright embarrassing amount of brewing failures that won't be a problem)
(Al Brewer skill 40%=28% Success!)
Al successfully makes a Bloody Mary, (d8=3) Reasonably Bloody, with three uses worth of blood regent.

(-1 Blood Regent)
Using your blood regent to act in place of blood because the blood is a minor, absent, or incapacitated, you cast Blood Memory and learn that the Wicked Oak Piercer Crossbow has the ability to perform a psychic attack at close quarters and can also transform into a scarf, and the blue crystal transports the user to a specific location but requires some time to activate and will also transport those around them.

And you can tell she was trying to kill you because you were getting too close to the truth.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 29, 2020, 06:50:23 pm »

Research.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 29, 2020, 06:55:28 pm »

Al and Bartholomew swag the items, with the exception of the False Teeth. Looting someone's False Teeth is just, extremely rude and Al isn't inclined to do that. I mean, killing her in this circumstance was justified but taking her false teeth? That's just downright monstrous.

Al and Bartholomew then return to where the Coconut was to report their success.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 29, 2020, 07:07:16 pm »

Either the turtles here have strong shells, or there's something off about my 7.62x51mm NATO FMJ bullets that I'm shooting.

>Shoot the turtle in the head after cycling my rifle's bolt in a dramatic fashion.

Since it's relevant again, I'm going to post my inventory every time it updates.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 07:21:36 pm by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 29, 2020, 11:32:53 pm »

Research.
(Reading roll=73%. Completed book, 70% of next one)
You finally finish up The Secrets of the Mountain of Dusk. It talks about how all the previously mentioned secret societies are opposed by an organization called The Truth Revolters, of which the author is apparently a member (possibly the only one). Then the book closes by thanking you for reading the book and encouraging you to fight the power.

Moving onto Mountains of the World, the book seems to be mostly just describing different mountains. Besides the mountains already described in Mountains of the Past, (the Esterkasing Highland, Growick Summit, The Unscaled Mountain, The Voiceless Pinnacle, Oakmagne Summit, The Homeless Peaks, The Faraway Summit, and, of course, The Mountain of Dusk), it also features The Immense Mountain, a mountain known for being very big; The Infernal Rise, a mountain known for its demonic influence; The Bellowing Mountain, known for being full of air; The Overhanging Rise, a mountain that floats high over the rest of the landscape; The Haunted Heights, a mountain full of ghosts; The Cursed Mountains, known for being cursed (duh); The Huge Bluff, a mountain that might just be a very elaborate lie; The Desolated Volcano, a volcano that had an asteroid land in it; and many others.

All the mountains are noted with various bits of information such as their height, average rain/snowfall, location (if it's known), population, etc.

You still have Why No One Talks About The Mountain of Dusk Anymore, Basic Geomantic Experimentation, and 18 Facts About the Mountain of Dusk Everyone Thinks are True left in your reading queue.

Al and Bartholomew swag the items, with the exception of the False Teeth. Looting someone's False Teeth is just, extremely rude and Al isn't inclined to do that. I mean, killing her in this circumstance was justified but taking her false teeth? That's just downright monstrous.

Al and Bartholomew then return to where the Coconut was to report their success.
You grab up the items and return to the ghost coconut.

"Ah, you killed that lady. She's not really the one who killed my wife, just with the people who did it, but she is the one who seems to be sent to kill people I try to talk to, so that's good.

"Hey, listen. I know I'm asking a lot of you with this whole vengeance thing, so, if you have anything else going on, you don't have to make this a top priority. I'm not in a huge hurry, it's not like I'm gonna get anymore dead."

Either the turtles here have strong shells, or there's something off about my 7.62x51mm NATO FMJ bullets that I'm shooting.

>Shoot the turtle in the head after cycling my rifle's bolt in a dramatic fashion.

Since it's relevant again, I'm going to post my inventory every time it updates.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
(Lord Screech XIII Justice IV (73) vs. Rain Turtle Speediness (Poor). Lord Screech Wins.)
Taking aim before the Rain Turtle can get a shot off at him, (Long-range combat roll 72%=73% Failure), you just narrowly miss it.

The rain turtle gets off its attack (Rain Magic roll 17%=36% Failure), missing you with its water blast.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 29, 2020, 11:39:23 pm »

Research!
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2020, 07:17:52 am »

Fuck it

>Bludgeon the turtle to death
it's over

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2020, 07:52:55 am »

"I will end you, you shit crate!"
Push the crate out of the warehouse and over to the tallest pier at this beach and shove it off, then see if it broke and I can finally get my crowbar.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2020, 10:31:08 am »

then see if it broke

SPOILER ALERT: it's just going to contain health and/or ammo if you're lucky, and a disproportionately high empty volume to volume taken up by contents ratio
it's over

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2020, 02:24:26 pm »

Al asks the Coconut to explain more about what the situation is, especially the part involving the assassins.
Al will also take a look around for the spirit of the guy who was harmlessly shot to death by the assassin. (Ghost vision roll was 87... So I think that brings me down to 7 Druid Spell Slots)

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 30, 2020, 04:41:13 pm »

Draw a picture

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 30, 2020, 05:58:45 pm »

Turn 5
Research!
(Reading roll=64%. Completed book, 34% of next one.)
You keep reading Mountains of the World. It describes The Decayed Rise, The Fabled Volcano, Waternear Highlands, The Burning Summit, Yarwell Peaks, and The Prickly Tops, all in the same amount of detail of the others.

Moving on to Why No One Talks About The Mountain of Dusk Anymore, it talks about how the mountain has a storied past, but no one seems to talk about it much anymore, as many authors on the subject have experienced mysterious deaths.

After this, you still have Basic Geomantic Experimentation and 18 Facts About the Mountain of Dusk Everyone Thinks are True left.

Fuck it

>Bludgeon the turtle to death
You run up the turtle and just start bashing it with your rifle stock as hard as you can (Justice IV (73)=96% Failure), but the rifle can't seem to pierce through the turtle's hard shell. Maybe bullets would have worked better for this?

The rain turtle begins charging up another rain spell.

"I will end you, you shit crate!"
Push the crate out of the warehouse and over to the tallest pier at this beach and shove it off, then see if it broke and I can finally get my crowbar.
(Zebra Strength roll 45%=80% Failure)
You try and heave this crate out of the warehouse, but it's just too heavy for you. Must be full of crowbars.

Al asks the Coconut to explain more about what the situation is, especially the part involving the assassins.
Al will also take a look around for the spirit of the guy who was harmlessly shot to death by the assassin. (Ghost vision roll was 87... So I think that brings me down to 7 Druid Spell Slots)
"I don't know much about the guys. All I know is, before my wife died, she was involved with this group called The Crystal Rose Syndicate. That's what she called them. But I don't know who they are or where they are."

Try as you might, you can't find the guy who was shot to death by the assassin. Looks like he didn't have any unfinished business.

Draw a picture
(Base Luck roll 10%=34% Failure)
You never really had much skill with drawing. You were always a lot more musical.

But you try drawing a picture in the sand. You capture the beauty and wonder of the universe. Life, death, love, all transcribed upon these sands. You marvel at its majesty.

And then a group of frat dudes playing beach football come and trample all over your drawing.

You have one round left of the drug's effect.
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23