Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode  (Read 123899 times)

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode
« Reply #225 on: July 12, 2014, 08:06:50 pm »

Ran into something in Succubus Fortress and I'm not quite sure what to make of it...

Went to build a Slag Pit.. the listed hotkey is shift-S.. when I actually pressed shift-S it wanted to build a Well of Souls.. looking at the furnaces menu closer, both apepar to have shift-s listed as their hotkey. Went into the raws though (building_foocubus) and well of souls (foocubus_soul_forge?) is listed as shift-u, but that doesn't actually work in-game.

At any rate, I'm going to try and change the hotkey for the slag pit to shift-p, which doesnt appear to be used on the furnace menu (based on my actually pressing shift-p while on the furnace menu).. see if that works. Otherwise, stuck with slag bars -_-

Edit: Another oddity. Succubus (well, incubus) entered a fey mood, claimed a Masons workshop and became a legendary MINER. That seems a bit off too :D
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 08:33:52 pm by lwCoyote »
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #226 on: July 12, 2014, 08:59:12 pm »

Duplicate Hotkeys can easily happen. Thats also easy to fix.

Mining skill is mood-able, thats in vanilla DF and hardcoded. Everything ok there.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 12, 2014, 10:32:42 pm »

Duplicate Hotkeys can easily happen. Thats also easy to fix.

Mining skill is mood-able, thats in vanilla DF and hardcoded. Everything ok there.

Aye, thought I'd mention it so that it can be changed in later releases. As for mining being a moodable skill, I had no idea. He'll do nicely to replace my miner ripped apart  by a cave bear -_-

Another oddity, at least in my mind: caged pets that are brought in by succubi merchants, who are then taken away if not purchased, proc the "kidnapped" message
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 13, 2014, 01:24:21 pm »

It actually says in the manual IIRC that kidnapper races will always give you that warning when caged critters are taken away by traders and it's safe to ignore.

Stuck with slag bars? you can use the + and - keys to scroll the menu and build the slag pit that way if the hotkey isn't working.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 13, 2014, 05:20:31 pm »

The buildings shortcuts have been fixed for the next MDF release along a few tweaks.

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 13, 2014, 11:10:17 pm »

It actually says in the manual IIRC that kidnapper races will always give you that warning when caged critters are taken away by traders and it's safe to ignore.

Stuck with slag bars? you can use the + and - keys to scroll the menu and build the slag pit that way if the hotkey isn't working.

Its not in the manual itself, but it is in the main Succubus Dungeon link, thank you for pointing that out :D

One other thing (sorry for so many things!); my succubi dont seem to like picking up arrows or bladeshards; they wont move them to stockpiles, and my archers wont put them in their quivers... this has happened across 4 or 5 embarks, with a variety of stockpile settings, and Ive always double and triple-checked that the ammunition isnt forbidden. Im at a bit of a loss on this one. Is this something already known, or just me?

Edit: I realize Ive been gripping a lot. Sorry! Boltgun, Im loving this race :D I havnt gotten very far into it due to some crashes, but so far what Ive seen Ive enjoyed ^_^

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 14, 2014, 05:25:54 am »

my succubi dont seem to like picking up arrows or bladeshards; they wont move them to stockpiles, and my archers wont put them in their quivers... this has happened across 4 or 5 embarks, with a variety of stockpile settings, and Ive always double and triple-checked that the ammunition isnt forbidden.

Are you assigning the ammo to them using the military screen (I think it's the Equip submenu)?
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 14, 2014, 09:03:01 am »

The stockpiles may not be properly set to be taking from anywhere. It would be strange that they are treated differently.

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 14, 2014, 12:29:46 pm »

Yes they are assigned ammo (and re-assigned, just to be sure), and the stockpiles are set to take from anywhere; in each case they were brand new stockpiles (either new on the embark, or old one was deleted and new one created to make sure it wasnt set incorrectly)

I tried something else re: ammo last night, by setting up a hunter.. the hunter would go over to where the ammo was piled up and repeatedly pick up, then drop, then pick up, then drop the ammo.. over and over and over.. didnt stop until I turned off the hunting labor. the hunter in question did have a quiver

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 14, 2014, 12:33:04 pm »

Ammo that has been assigned to a squad, but not picked up, doesn't get stockpiled.  It just sits wherever it is, until someone in the squad grabs it and shoves it in her quiver.  When you're just starting out and don't have a lot of spare ammo yet, this becomes extremely noticeable.  After a few years, when you have thousands of spare ammo sitting in the quantum ammo stockpile, it won't matter.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Darkfirephoenix

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 14, 2014, 12:54:51 pm »

I have a idea for the succubi race:
Race specific abilitys:
Charm: The succubus can charm an enemy to help her for some time and is relatively fast to use
Perma Charm: Takes far more time to cast but turns the target permanently into an ally (and has a "recharge time" of more than a month, we don't want OP stuff or?)
Ofc those are a more like battle abilities and wouldn't affect the "standard" recruiting your succubi use to turn enemies/captured ppl.

Additional ability:
Life/Power drain: Succubi are living of the lifeforce of other beings according to most sources (some take life force directly just by being near someone, or via "personal fun" etc.), so I think it would fit relatively well. It would allow the succubi to drain the target of their life in a relatively slow fashion BUT would speed up the healing/regenerating process of the succubus and would even allow to heal permanent damge (damged nerves etc. wich render limbs useless). The drawback: It takes time to drain the life (like slowly bleeding to death for the victim) and the victim could still try and fight back / his friends would interrupt the succubus.

I just hope that I didn't post ideas somebody else posted already... What do you think about my ideas? Are they fitting for the succubi? How hard is it to implement them?
I would REALLY love to see them implemented, because I think they fit the succubi and would benefit the races (they ARE demons and they have normally not so many ppl of their own if you compare them to most other races).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 05:05:27 pm by Darkfirephoenix »

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 14, 2014, 03:14:13 pm »

Ammo that has been assigned to a squad, but not picked up, doesn't get stockpiled.  It just sits wherever it is, until someone in the squad grabs it and shoves it in her quiver.  When you're just starting out and don't have a lot of spare ammo yet, this becomes extremely noticeable.  After a few years, when you have thousands of spare ammo sitting in the quantum ammo stockpile, it won't matter.

This isnt applicable if you dont have any military squads set up, which was the case when I set up an ammo stockpile about a minute into my embark, and it was still sitting there 20 minutes later when all my succubi were idle milling around in the meeting area saying they had no jobs to do

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 14, 2014, 10:03:57 pm »

Does anyone have some kind of comparison of the metals? I can see some of the obvious things like Stygian Bronze is really light and so bad for blunt weapons, but I can't tell if Basaliskine or Orichalcum is better for swords or armor, or where it stands in comparison to iron or steel, that kind of thing. I can stare at raws for a while and kind of guesstimate it, but I am hoping someone already has a list handy.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 15, 2014, 02:47:44 am »

I have a idea for the succubi race:
Race specific abilitys:
Charm: The succubus can charm an enemy to help her for some time and is relatively fast to use
Perma Charm: Takes far more time to cast but turns the target permanently into an ally (and has a "recharge time" of more than a month, we don't want OP stuff or?)
Ofc those are a more like battle abilities and wouldn't affect the "standard" recruiting your succubi use to turn enemies/captured ppl.

Additional ability:
Life/Power drain: Succubi are living of the lifeforce of other beings according to most sources (some take life force directly just by being near someone, or via "personal fun" etc.), so I think it would fit relatively well. It would allow the succubi to drain the target of their life in a relatively slow fashion BUT would speed up the healing/regenerating process of the succubus and would even allow to heal permanent damge (damged nerves etc. wich render limbs useless). The drawback: It takes time to drain the life (like slowly bleeding to death for the victim) and the victim could still try and fight back / his friends would interrupt the succubus.

I just hope that I didn't post ideas somebody else posted already... What do you think about my ideas? Are they fitting for the succubi? How hard is it to implement them?
I would REALLY love to see them implemented, because I think they fit the succubi and would benefit the races (they ARE demons and they have normally not so many ppl of their own if you compare them to most other races).

Temporary charm would be harder to pull off then perma cham but that will go in the list of powers to add. Also lifedrain should be a replacement to the current kiss attack (which make little sense).

This isnt applicable if you dont have any military squads set up, which was the case when I set up an ammo stockpile about a minute into my embark, and it was still sitting there 20 minutes later when all my succubi were idle milling around in the meeting area saying they had no jobs to do

That is plain weird, can you provide the save?

Does anyone have some kind of comparison of the metals? I can see some of the obvious things like Stygian Bronze is really light and so bad for blunt weapons, but I can't tell if Basaliskine or Orichalcum is better for swords or armor, or where it stands in comparison to iron or steel, that kind of thing. I can stare at raws for a while and kind of guesstimate it, but I am hoping someone already has a list handy.

Bleh, the manual have been deleted to make way to its new design. This will be restored asap.

Anyway, stygian bronze = light bronze, basilikine = light steel. Make armor and blades out of those, for blunt weapons you'll want silver instead.

In another news, descriptions and interactions are being changed. The body 'colors' have been removed. Permanently.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 15, 2014, 08:57:52 am »

Ammo that has been assigned to a squad, but not picked up, doesn't get stockpiled.

There's still the default "hunters" squad.  I don't recall what ammo is assigned to them in a default Succubus embark, but it's worth checking there.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 43