Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 185

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 773063 times)

sic8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #435 on: July 08, 2014, 08:52:32 pm »

Mifki, any chance alpha blending will be implemented instead of a solid background colour? Things like trees in this new update could look pretty damn good with it.

Blend what with what, is this about multilevel rendering?

Yeah multilevel (although terrain/item on same tile with transparency would be awesome too...).

With all the characters freed up in the graphics png due to TwbT and assignable tiles for trees in .40 there's plenty of room for gfx artists to make some beautiful stuff. If branches/leaves/trunks on different layers could have alpha transparency it would look even better.

Authority2

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: INCREASE_FPS: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 09, 2014, 01:31:30 am »

PTW
"But I tell you what the Queen wants is impossible. The story of her mandate to create floodgates in our desert fortress cannot be told in less than 314160 stanzas! Art bows not to any dwarf!"

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #437 on: July 09, 2014, 05:03:14 am »

Yeah multilevel (although terrain/item on same tile with transparency would be awesome too...).

Currently all levels are rendered into the single buffer (from which they then rendered onto screen with OpenGL), so there's nothing to blend right now. It's possible to render above ground levels into separate buffers and render independently with blending, but I'm not sure trees worth spending additional [cpu] resources. At least until I see what can be achieved this way.

What I'd really want is to render items/buildings independently from terrain so maybe I'll try to do this later.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 09, 2014, 03:59:22 pm »

Currently all levels are rendered into the single buffer (from which they then rendered onto screen with OpenGL), so there's nothing to blend right now. It's possible to render above ground levels into separate buffers and render independently with blending, but I'm not sure trees worth spending additional [cpu] resources. At least until I see what can be achieved this way.

What I'd really want is to render items/buildings independently from terrain so maybe I'll try to do this later.
Can your plugin see the terrain, creatures and items separately, or does it just get "DF wants a pound sign in these colors at x,y,z"?

If the stack can be separated, that allows for a lot of really interesting effects like cluttered workshops looking cluttered, multiple creatures piled into a tile, or a "tooltip" that shows the contents of a container.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #439 on: July 09, 2014, 05:28:05 pm »

Can your plugin see the terrain, creatures and items separately, or does it just get "DF wants a pound sign in these colors at x,y,z"?

If the stack can be separated, that allows for a lot of really interesting effects like cluttered workshops looking cluttered, multiple creatures piled into a tile, or a "tooltip" that shows the contents of a container.

Currently plugin just uses original DF map rendering function - this is the easiest, straightforward and safe way if you just want to render several levels and merge them into one buffer for display.

Technically there's no problem not to use DF code for rendering at all and implement your own rendering. It's just a big work. Warmist has some map rendering code in his Offscreen module, maybe I'll try to squeeze it into my plugin and see what happens. Or maybe someone else will want to work on rendering.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 09, 2014, 05:51:50 pm »

Is there an easy way to find all the tilesets that have been implemented for TWBT?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 09, 2014, 06:03:34 pm »

So, is it safe to not understand anything that goes on in this thread and just wait for the next version of dfhack?

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #442 on: July 09, 2014, 06:07:48 pm »

So, is it safe to not understand anything that goes on in this thread and just wait for the next version of dfhack?

It depends.. This plugin is not a part of dfhack)

Snaaty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 10, 2014, 03:45:29 am »

I can't seem to get this plugin running on my Ubuntu system.
I'm using Masterwork-DF (5.10), and I enabled item graphics in the beginning, but I have neither Item graphics nor multi-level view.

Is there a common issue I should be aware of?

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #444 on: July 10, 2014, 04:21:26 am »

I can't seem to get this plugin running on my Ubuntu system.
I'm using Masterwork-DF (5.10), and I enabled item graphics in the beginning, but I have neither Item graphics nor multi-level view.

Is there a common issue I should be aware of?

What version did you download, are there any error messages in red in console when starting df?

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #446 on: July 10, 2014, 08:40:20 am »

Hey mif, is there a chance you could hijack the way the ramp icons are displayed? (to make it dependant on their surrounding terrain)?
<3

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #447 on: July 10, 2014, 08:46:51 am »

Hey mif, is there a chance you could hijack the way the ramp icons are displayed? (to make it dependant on their surrounding terrain)?

I think yes, I'm checking surrounding tiles to draw shadows anyway..

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #448 on: July 10, 2014, 09:24:46 am »

That's fantastic (and I'm really glad you got the shadows working, they help A LOT).
This is the slopes graphics I'm hoping to use BTW http://goblinart.pl/files/DF/slopes.jpg
<3

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #449 on: July 10, 2014, 10:15:27 am »

That's fantastic (and I'm really glad you got the shadows working, they help A LOT).
This is the slopes graphics I'm hoping to use BTW http://goblinart.pl/files/DF/slopes.jpg

Can you explain a bit about this image?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 185