Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 185

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 773170 times)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #660 on: August 17, 2014, 08:41:36 am »

And bugfixes already - new gigantic trees produce too many shadows which led to crashes, fixed in 3.36 and 4.43.

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 17, 2014, 10:24:21 am »

With DFHack finally working for .40, I gave it a shot last night but quickly abandoned it because I didn't realize how much I still depend on TwbT.

And then you go and get it working while I'm sleeping :D

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 17, 2014, 10:25:47 am »

I've developed a weird issue. Whenever I switch to full screen mode, the game instantly minimizes. If I time it right, I have just enough time to punch F11 while the screen is still up to restore windowed mode, but it's otherwise unusable.

Figuring it had something to do with the ghost of the minimum grid size haunting the plugin, I tried using the small default tilesets. No change.

e: Wow, look at all this egg on my face. I'm getting this problem even after completely removing TWBT from the equation! Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 10:36:52 am by scamtank »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 17, 2014, 10:36:22 am »

I've developed a weird issue. Whenever I switch to full screen mode, the game instantly minimizes. If I time it right, I have just enough time to punch F11 while the screen is still up to restore windowed mode, but it's otherwise unusable.

Figuring it had something to do with the ghost of the minimum grid size haunting the plugin, I tried using the small default tilesets. No change.
I think that's an SDL bug.

notfood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 17, 2014, 10:38:47 am »

Quote from: nextgen
error: #error Linux not supported yet

I'm sad...

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #665 on: August 17, 2014, 04:58:09 pm »

Sorry, updating it for three platforms for each new DF version is a bit too much for me. There's already .09 the next day after I added support for .08 :( Otherwise there's no problems with Linux, so eventually it will be supported as well.

notfood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: August 17, 2014, 05:31:15 pm »

It's okay, don't worry about it. You are working for free for the community, anything is appreciated. I was trying to add that missing support but I appear to fail, I'm not really sure where to start.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #667 on: August 17, 2014, 05:38:36 pm »

It relies on some addresses in df memory which I'm updating for each version/platform, not too difficult but dreary task. So unless you have some disassembling/reverse engineering skills, there's not much you can help with, unfortunately.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #668 on: August 17, 2014, 06:41:14 pm »

Would it be possible to have more textures connect like the walls already do? I figure some things would benefit from this (tree roots, leaves, ore veins, etc).

Many tiles would benefit from different images depending on neighbour tiles. I just don't know yet what the configuration for this would look like. Stonesense uses some xml-based language for this purpose, I haven't looked into details yet. Also performance problem would arise at some point.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: August 17, 2014, 11:03:30 pm »

Stonesense's way of doing it is incredibly obtuse, buggy, and config-file heavy.

Isowrld does it better, but is far more limited.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #670 on: August 21, 2014, 05:34:52 pm »

So, is anybody using nextgen branch? I'd like to retire the current main branch in favour of nextgen, if there are no issues with it, or fixed them if there are.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 21, 2014, 05:45:33 pm »

The only difference I can tell between the two are the missing features from the baseline v3 branch. I admit I haven't been running fortresses so much that I'd run into every possible weird situation, but from my ordinary playing sessions I think it's just as stable as the "official" one, if not moreso.

shaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: August 21, 2014, 08:11:26 pm »

Running 3.35 on 40.08, I get really bad lag (multi-second) when I'm placing something like a bridge and hover the mouse over an area that is on a lower z-level, even just one level. Window 8.1, fast machine, though only getting about 40fps because of an enormous canyon that two rivers are dumping into.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: August 22, 2014, 08:46:56 pm »

I have a few questions. In 34.11 PeridexisErrant LNP r63+ idk if it showed up before then. Twbt supposedly allowed creatures in cages to use the image from raws/graphics/ which I saw on a quill18 youtube video. In the 40.08 version they don't?

Next question is can you use the overides.txt to designate tiles for tree_branches? I'm making a mod for the spacefox tileset and I like the spacefox mine cart tracks but they just don't work as tree branches. So someone Joist or fricy changed the spacefox train tracks to phoebus's ones which look pretty nice as the branches. I was wondering can you use a third tileset for those cart tracks or even place those cart tracks onto the text tileset so it can just call to that one to use them for the branches. I'd honestly like to take them from a third set though so that I can add other things to the third one that I feel are missing, A for the farmers workshop being one, but I just include that fix in the twbt pack anyways since the A in text is already taken care of.

Also was there a big change between the overides in 34.11 to 40.08? Since the overides.txt I am using atm is from meph's overides for his item set. (I got it from a pack fricy uploaded or Joist) and it works fine on 40.08 besides for those creatures in cages not showing their "graphics". I tested it on 0.40.08r3 lazynewbpack which has twbt included in dfhack. The creatures (goblins) were already in cages though before I updated to that version which could be why that wasn't working.

The twbt next generation file doesn't allow non twbt versions to be played without crashing the game on startup. twbt-nextgen-4.43-win for example. Haven't tested the other version since more files are in it :P and I wasn't really playing just testing changes to a mod. That said deleting the twbt file lets the game run, with the mouse query file not making conflicts I guess. There is no error log.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 04:25:20 am by LeoCean »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #674 on: August 23, 2014, 04:45:30 am »

Running 3.35 on 40.08, I get really bad lag (multi-second) when I'm placing something like a bridge and hover the mouse over an area that is on a lower z-level, even just one level. Window 8.1, fast machine, though only getting about 40fps because of an enormous canyon that two rivers are dumping into.

Are you sure this doesn't happen without twbt? I'll do more testing but so far I haven't seen anything like this.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 185