Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 185

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 773046 times)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #870 on: September 04, 2014, 04:46:09 pm »

Tested 4.51 and it gets the same save loading crash. It was worth a try.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewps7fqxh7ezwbz/Dwarf%20Fortress.exe.5052.dmp?dl=0

Thanks.
Does it crash if you execute "multilevel 0" in console before loading a game?

Multilevel 0 does not cause the crash, but that disables half of what twtb is.

Sure, but that helped to localise the problem.
It crashes somewhere in Nvidia driver which doesn't like some of my OpenGL code while other drivers, even other Nvidia versions, work fine. So it's hard to find what's wrong as I can't reproduce the problem.

Can you try again, this time with multilevel enabled, but disabling fog with "multilevel fogdensity 0" before loading a game?

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #871 on: September 04, 2014, 04:52:09 pm »

tiny bug:
after using "twbt tilesize w h" command tiles get resized, but graphics from overrides is ignored until map is moved. (for example, for a moment beautiful up-down stairs made by superradish become ugly X again)

And a question I asked there[1] before I realized this is actually the thread for such questions:
 is there a way to make overridden constructions, like say up-down stairs, use proper sprite from overrides while designated, instead of default?

Also, fbo in [2] is using following override command, with Kind set to T, while [3] says, it must be either B or I.
Code: [Select]
[OVERRIDE:88:T:ConstructedStairUD:3:88] Is it an error in override command that somehow magically working, or there are more kinds available?

[1] http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=142892.msg5633476#msg5633476
[2] http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=142892.msg5623895#msg5623895
[3] https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt/blob/master/dist/overrides.txt

I'll check it, thanks.

1. Yep, forgot about the designation time. May be tricky though, I'll take a look.

2. It's supported in 4.xx only, so it's documented here https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt/blob/nextgen/README.md

Erendir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: September 04, 2014, 06:24:23 pm »

tiny bug:
after using "twbt tilesize w h" command tiles get resized, but graphics from overrides is ignored until map is moved. (for example, for a moment beautiful up-down stairs made by superradish become ugly X again)

maybe related issue: I replaced wooden door tile (186) with another, for both building and item, but while a wooden door is hauled it shows old icon.

with overrides as follows:
[OVERRIDE:186:I:DOOR:DOOR::map:81]
[OVERRIDE:186:B:DOOR:Door::map:82]
So the Q on screenshot is a door lying on the ground, the R is built door, and that strange snake-like sprite to the top-left from Q is wood door being hauled by a dwarf.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #873 on: September 04, 2014, 06:39:48 pm »

tiny bug:

maybe related issue: I replaced wooden door tile (186) with another, for both building and item, but while a wooden door is hauled it shows old icon.

with overrides as follows:
[OVERRIDE:186:I:DOOR:DOOR::map:81]
[OVERRIDE:186:B:DOOR:Door::map:82]
So the Q on screenshot is a door lying on the ground, the R is built door, and that strange snake-like sprite to the top-left from Q is wood door being hauled by a dwarf.

Yes, I know. I tried to fix it once, but items being hauled are rendered some special way, so it didn't work. Still on my todo list though.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: September 04, 2014, 07:33:27 pm »

Thanks.

It crashes somewhere in Nvidia driver which doesn't like some of my OpenGL code while other drivers, even other Nvidia versions, work fine. So it's hard to find what's wrong as I can't reproduce the problem.

Can you try again, this time with multilevel enabled, but disabling fog with "multilevel fogdensity 0" before loading a game?

multilevel 5
multilevel shadowcolor 0 0 0 0.4
multilevel fogcolor 0.1 0.1 0.3
multilevel fogdensity 0

This setting loads. No immediate crash. Multilevel is working. Not well, but working.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #875 on: September 04, 2014, 07:57:10 pm »

Thanks.

multilevel 5
multilevel shadowcolor 0 0 0 0.4
multilevel fogcolor 0.1 0.1 0.3
multilevel fogdensity 0

This setting loads. No immediate crash. Multilevel is working. Not well, but working.

What do you mean 'not well'? It obviously doesn't have the fog, or something else is wrong?

Anyway, again it's just to help me solve the crash, now I know that the fog code is causing it.
Thank you.

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #876 on: September 04, 2014, 09:00:45 pm »

Could I put in a request for someone that knows how the spacefox tileset graphics are used to represent world generation tiles to.. fix it?

I, like I imagine most people who are using the lazy newb pack right now, am using Phoebus graphics for the game area, and spacefox 'text' for the text in game.  While generating a world though it uses the spacefox tileset to represent the graphics.  These graphics are... weird to me, and mean nothing at all.  It also presents us with a fairly unique opportunity to overhaul the way the map looks.  Instead of having weird symbols for human, elf, goblins, etc, we could have.. actual things that look like towns.  They wouldn't need to be logical *anywhere* else, since with this default LNP configuration they would only be used for world generation. 

Does this make sense?  I'm just tired of seeing things like cabinets and pink wool.  What the heck does that even mean?  It's such a terrible immersion breaker.

If I had any idea what these icons meant in the first place I'd try to modify my spacefox tileset .png myself, but.. I really don't understand them.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #877 on: September 04, 2014, 09:23:34 pm »

Could I put in a request for someone that knows how the spacefox tileset graphics are used to represent world generation tiles to.. fix it?

I, like I imagine most people who are using the lazy newb pack right now, am using Phoebus graphics for the game area, and spacefox 'text' for the text in game.  While generating a world though it uses the spacefox tileset to represent the graphics.  These graphics are... weird to me, and mean nothing at all.  It also presents us with a fairly unique opportunity to overhaul the way the map looks.  Instead of having weird symbols for human, elf, goblins, etc, we could have.. actual things that look like towns.  They wouldn't need to be logical *anywhere* else, since with this default LNP configuration they would only be used for world generation. 

Does this make sense?  I'm just tired of seeing things like cabinets and pink wool.  What the heck does that even mean?  It's such a terrible immersion breaker.

If I had any idea what these icons meant in the first place I'd try to modify my spacefox tileset .png myself, but.. I really don't understand them.

Perfectly makes sense. I actually wrote several times that eventually there will be support for a separate font for world maps. Until someone can modify 'text' font to have better world map tiles, if it's possible to do that still keeping letters/numbers/punctuation intact.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: September 04, 2014, 10:56:51 pm »

The problem is there's no clear way to understand why the goblins are cloth and the humans are chests or w.e. I can change most other things no problem. Those seem to be in the .exe and would require a dfhack plugin to change. It's probably doable you'd just need to know what it's called, the tile is already known, heck even the names of the tiles probably are. *Edit: If we could override stuff in [FONT: with other tiles in [FONT: it'd probably be a start, there's still a good number of tiles left over that aren't used i that tileset.

As for Arumbas problem you already know how to edit the tilesets can't you edit the phoebus tileset then copy the spacefox text over that? Then name it phoebus_text. Honestly I dislike how the world generation uses the text.png so I do world gens with twbt off.

I actually like these fonts a little more than the current spacefox ones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4AWFbwB0lA&list=UUHJM-Vd74Egk1xvGp4BHWBA

Cabinets/house thing/ even spacefox smooth stone/grates? are humans and the pink cloth are goblins (these should be similar to phoebus)... I forget what the necro towers are but they are easily distinguishable. Elves usually look like elves but are Capital accented I in the text font's. I think. Then humans are AE/ae in text fonts. It really doesn't help that spacefox_text tileset hasn't been updated for a long time.

Mifki did you take down 4.51? It isn't in the latest builds on the first page though I'm pretty sure I saw it there when you released it at first.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 11:32:10 pm by LeoCean »

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: September 05, 2014, 12:30:06 am »

Oh in development builds, not latest releases. You must have linked that and I clicked it and saw that before.

I tried overriding dark pits that represent goblins, using [TILESET:Spacefox_16x16_text.png:Spacefox_16x16_text.png] is that the correct way you'd do it or can you not override that tileset. None of the Dark pit variations I tried were recognized, even used legend viewer to make sure I was spelling it correctly. I guess it requires that in the df/tiles.h file to change it anyways, adding :0 after the last .png made it think I was duplicating the text font, at least that's what dfhack told me. 
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 01:05:06 am by LeoCean »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: September 05, 2014, 07:26:41 am »

FYI: I updated the Obsidian graphics pack to 40.x, and noticed that the next-branch version can't handle the animated grass which is a trick based on the ALT_TILE feature. On the master branch this works correctly.

Grumalg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: September 05, 2014, 06:42:54 pm »

So far the 4.52 win build is giving me *no* crashes on map zoom or level changing that were occurring on previous builds.

Thanks  :)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #883 on: September 05, 2014, 07:15:21 pm »

Thanks to BigD145 and Grumalg who confirmed that two major crashes have been fixed now.
Fixes for smaller issues coming soon.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #884 on: September 05, 2014, 09:11:47 pm »

In the next version fogdensity command will have additional parameters that will allow to configure better distinction between current z-level and the next one, and even to make all z-levels except the current one shaded equally if you want, like here:

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 185