Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 185

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 773597 times)

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #855 on: September 03, 2014, 03:31:57 pm »

One thing I'd suggest, is to move FONT and FULLFONT definitions to the overrides.txt from the init.txt. That'd make it easier to fall back to non-twbt rendering.

It works differently there, I guess he could probably have it call graphics like it does with the init if he wanted to though.

The graphics packs are at most 4-5mb. It'd be nice if the launcher had an option like some torrents do where you can download only certain files (so you'd download the main pack and then in the \LNP\Graphics you'd just choose what packs you wanted. (I so want this in the one launcher for mods pack, in this section)

Or the starter pack can just add a option to edit the init.txt to change Printmode:Standard to  Printmode:2D, because that would be easier. It already edits other stuff in those files why not add that to it to? Since it turns twbt off just as well as what you suggest.

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: September 03, 2014, 03:48:55 pm »

One thing I'd suggest, is to move FONT and FULLFONT definitions to the overrides.txt from the init.txt. That'd make it easier to fall back to non-twbt rendering.

It works differently there, I guess he could probably have it call graphics like it does with the init if he wanted to though.

The graphics packs are at most 4-5mb. It'd be nice if the launcher had an option like some torrents do where you can download only certain files (so you'd download the main pack and then in the \LNP\Graphics you'd just choose what packs you wanted. (I so want this in the one launcher for mods pack, in this section)

Or the starter pack can just add a option to edit the init.txt to change Printmode:Standard to  Printmode:2D, because that would be easier. It already edits other stuff in those files why not add that to it to? Since it turns twbt off just as well as what you suggest.
I'm actually working on that functionality right now for PE's Starter Pack.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: September 03, 2014, 04:05:07 pm »

Simply changing the ".plug.dll" or ".plug.so" extension to something else is enough to disable TwbT (e.g. "twbt.disabled.dll) - changing PRINT_MODE to 2D has other side effects (such as disabling rendermax, which requires STANDARD or another OpenGL-enabled print mode).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: September 03, 2014, 05:34:28 pm »

True but those who don't want twbt likely don't want that either. They may but if it's something they want to disable to reduce the potential fps drops they may get, they likely won't want rendermax either as it probably does slow it down a little.

You'd think there'd be a way to get twbt and rendermax to work together, that'd be pretty neat.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: September 03, 2014, 05:36:06 pm »

I believe it was possible in 0.34.11, but isn't yet in 0.40.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #860 on: September 03, 2014, 06:15:22 pm »

Last thing I heard is that rendermax and stonesense overlay just don't work in 0.40. However they won't work with 4.xx anyway until I find time to make them compatible. But first I need to fix all reported crashes.

There's version 4.51 available, it fixes problems with mousequery plugin (mostly related to scrolling, eg. with right click) and includes automaterial plugin compatible with twbt. Also it possibly fixes some crashes, but unlikely all of them. Anyway it would be good if people who had crashes could try it.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: September 03, 2014, 09:35:33 pm »

Tested 4.51 and it gets the same save loading crash. It was worth a try.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewps7fqxh7ezwbz/Dwarf%20Fortress.exe.5052.dmp?dl=0

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: September 04, 2014, 02:00:12 am »

Stonesense works in 40.10, haven't tried rendermax yet.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: September 04, 2014, 04:22:48 am »

Did you try stonesense overlay?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: September 04, 2014, 05:40:23 am »

Did you try stonesense overlay?

Wouldn't that be incompatible with [printmode:standard]?  Or am I misremembering?
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: September 04, 2014, 07:18:49 am »

The whole conversation is about the overlay not working with 0.40, and needing to be fixed to work anyway.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: September 04, 2014, 09:31:31 am »

Thanks.
Does it crash if you execute "multilevel 0" in console before loading a game?

Multilevel 0 does not cause the crash, but that disables half of what twtb is.

Erendir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: September 04, 2014, 10:41:55 am »

tiny bug:
after using "twbt tilesize w h" command tiles get resized, but graphics from overrides is ignored until map is moved. (for example, for a moment beautiful up-down stairs made by superradish become ugly X again)

And a question I asked there[1] before I realized this is actually the thread for such questions:
 is there a way to make overridden constructions, like say up-down stairs, use proper sprite from overrides while designated, instead of default?

Also, fbo in [2] is using following override command, with Kind set to T, while [3] says, it must be either B or I.
Code: [Select]
[OVERRIDE:88:T:ConstructedStairUD:3:88] Is it an error in override command that somehow magically working, or there are more kinds available?

[1] http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=142892.msg5633476#msg5633476
[2] http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=142892.msg5623895#msg5623895
[3] https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt/blob/master/dist/overrides.txt

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: September 04, 2014, 04:23:29 pm »

Thanks.
Does it crash if you execute "multilevel 0" in console before loading a game?

Multilevel 0 does not cause the crash, but that disables half of what twtb is.

I think you misunderstood him, he likely meant if you set it to multilevel 0 does it still crash, as he may be thinking it has to do with multilevel.

@Erendir

Did you even look at the post you took that image from? Since I made that stair image that you used. His version is based off of the phoebus set you are using in that picture but you are using a modified spacefox stairset that becomes a up/down stair.

T for tile? It isn't a building or a item.

Quote from: 4.49 readme
Overrides for tile types

[OVERRIDE:Tile:T:Type:Tileset:NewTile]
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 04:44:44 pm by LeoCean »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 185