Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 185

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 773164 times)

Grumalg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #885 on: September 06, 2014, 01:32:47 am »

It would be very nice if levels above current and levels below current could have different shading settings.  It would make it much more apparent what the altitudes of various levels were relative to current.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #886 on: September 06, 2014, 03:41:57 am »

It would be very nice if levels above current and levels below current could have different shading settings.  It would make it much more apparent what the altitudes of various levels were relative to current.

But it doesn't show levels above the current at all. It's planned for adventure mode only.

Grumalg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: September 06, 2014, 04:17:43 am »

But it doesn't show levels above current at all. It's planned for adventure mode only.

Haven't played that much with multilevel view.  But I think having a small range of levels show both above and below current level would be a very useful mode.  Something like 2-3 levels up and down from current.  I have often built above ground walled and moated areas backing into a hill side.  Being able to view a slope above and below current would be very useful in such cases for getting all the walled areas well sealed across the slopes.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: September 06, 2014, 08:28:36 am »

But it doesn't show levels above current at all. It's planned for adventure mode only.

Haven't played that much with multilevel view.  But I think having a small range of levels show both above and below current level would be a very useful mode.  Something like 2-3 levels up and down from current.  I have often built above ground walled and moated areas backing into a hill side.  Being able to view a slope above and below current would be very useful in such cases for getting all the walled areas well sealed across the slopes.

The problem is that then you can't see things on the current level that are under a ceiling.  It would need to be a toggle, and might just be easier all around if you just moved up a couple a levels to take a bird's-eye view.  Multilevel view enables that already.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Grumalg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: September 06, 2014, 09:01:30 am »

The problem is that then you can't see things on the current level that are under a ceiling.  It would need to be a toggle, and might just be easier all around if you just moved up a couple a levels to take a bird's-eye view.  Multilevel view enables that already.

I think there should be a single level/multilevel toggle for many other reasons.  If such a toggle existed, it'd still be less keystrokes (one) to solve the ceiling issue than changing current level 2 or more times.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: September 06, 2014, 06:08:17 pm »

Animals become items when they are put in cages and placed. That's why they use the tile ("A" for example) instead of the graphics folder, at least that is what I got from what Toady said below, and it sounds legit.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=2891.msg47881#msg47881

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: September 06, 2014, 08:49:28 pm »

Since there are no binaries for nextgen on Linux I tried building it from source (it failed) before I noticed the following in dungeonmode.hpp:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I know people really hate being asked this question, but is there any ETA as to when support for Linux will be added? Is there any technical constraint that'd make Linux support non-trivial?

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #892 on: September 07, 2014, 03:08:13 am »

Since there are no binaries for nextgen on Linux I tried building it from source (it failed) before I noticed the following in dungeonmode.hpp:
I know people really hate being asked this question, but is there any ETA as to when support for Linux will be added? Is there any technical constraint that'd make Linux support non-trivial?

Probably I'll do it for 0.40.11 once dfhack is available.
I wrote about this several times, it's just hard for me to update for all systems for each df version, so I was waiting until updates aren't so often.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #893 on: September 07, 2014, 10:23:01 pm »

Version 4.53 is available with following changes:

"multilevel fogdensity" command now accepts 3 parameters - density start step, defaults are "multilevel fogdensity 0.15 0 1" (actually these two new parameters are optional)
start parameter controls how dense the fog is on the next z-level after the current one
step parameter controls difference between z-levels
So, to achieve result similar to shown on the previous page, where there's a big difference between current and the next z-levels and little or no difference between next z-levels, try "multilevel fogdensity 0.15 4 0.1"

"twbt tilesize" command now accepts +xx or -xx parameter to make tiles xx pixels bigger or smaller accordingly.

+ some OpenGL optimizations

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: September 07, 2014, 11:16:58 pm »

How do you change bars?

[OVERRIDE:240:I:BAR:BAR:0:3:241]#iron Is what I tried, plus the 0 goes up to 21. (the # shouldn't invalidate the code since it is after it) I know the 3:241 is correct (since I also have my stairs on the same tileset), I'm guessing it's the subtype that is wrong? I've tried "iron bars" IRON, IRON BAR, IRON BARS.... I've no idea. **Edit: This changed all those graphics so I know it works sortof   [OVERRIDE:240:I:BAR:::3:241] #iron. ***Edit: [OVERRIDE:240:I:BAR:BAR::3:241] #iron does the same as the one before so it's definitely the subtype but I've no idea what it'd be.

I wonder is it possible to change animal "tiles" that are called for from the main tileset but overriden by the overrides. It seems that would be the easiest way to "override creatures". I'm pretty sure you could then make them use those tiles for different castes.

Are engraved walls like this StoneWallWorn3? Or are they not supported, I see smoothed walls.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 12:17:31 am by LeoCean »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #895 on: September 08, 2014, 05:22:01 am »

You can't override by material, so I don't know what you're trying to do with subtypes)
Detailed (engraved) tiles don't seem to have a separate tiletype, maybe it's possible to add support for them somehow else, don't know yet.

Changes in version 4.54:
Fixed an issue with overrides not being applied after changing tile size.
Made mouse clicks over an empty area change z-level only if SHIFT key is pressed. I found this annoying myself and also this was to fix a problem with inability to use box select mode of automaterial plugin with mouse over an empty area.

What other small things I promised in the last few days I forgot?

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: September 08, 2014, 11:12:50 am »

Oh so you can't have different bars for the different materials?  :'(

Thanks to BigD145 and Grumalg who confirmed that two major crashes have been fixed now.
Fixes for smaller issues coming soon.

Is all you said.

FYI: I updated the Obsidian graphics pack to 40.x, and noticed that the next-branch version can't handle the animated grass which is a trick based on the ALT_TILE feature. On the master branch this works correctly.

This maybe?

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #897 on: September 08, 2014, 11:47:58 am »

Some more icons for items would be awesome.  I noticed while arrows and most weapons look great, quivers still look like a chest.  That makes sense, right?  It's a box that you wear on your back, afterall >.<

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: September 08, 2014, 12:10:19 pm »

You can override them with this.

[OVERRIDE:146:I:QUIVER:QUIVER:(nothing here as their is no subtype I think):2 #of tileset 0 is font, 1 is graphic tileset/main one/2 is the override with weapons:# of quiver icon]

Minecraft to save the day? Idk how I found that 16x16 image so easily. But it also adds buckets of water/lava/milk/empty buckets, but I think you can't change their looks based on what they hold. Like bars Q_Q.

I had other options for you to choose but they were all copyrighted. I don't want to go make a minecraft forum account just to ask if I can share the images.. This one doesn't seem to be though. 32x32.

Idk about this one.

I think taking images from minecraft besides say the original texture quiver is a bad idea, the buggers copyright/license everything. Though for personal use it doesn't matter.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 12:39:12 pm by LeoCean »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: September 08, 2014, 12:36:54 pm »

You can't override by material, so I don't know what you're trying to do with subtypes)
Detailed (engraved) tiles don't seem to have a separate tiletype, maybe it's possible to add support for them somehow else, don't know yet.
Engravings are stored in a list elsewhere. Fun fact. If you modify the coordinates of the engravings in the list, you can have engraved anything.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 185