Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 772683 times)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #900 on: September 08, 2014, 01:38:13 pm »

What other small things I promised in the last few days I forgot?

Well, you haven't promised anything, but...:

One thing I'd suggest, is to move FONT and FULLFONT definitions to the overrides.txt from the init.txt. That'd make it easier to fall back to non-twbt rendering.
Seconding this.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: September 08, 2014, 01:53:37 pm »

Well it doesn't even matter what your FONT is set to without twbt, I usually have my font set to the twbt font anyways even when it's not on and it doesn't change anything. When you set [GRAPHICS:YES] you pretty much ignore the FONT: one.

Mifki I read back around page 40 that you were adding something to change colors in a tile? Has that been added? Would someone be able to use those to tell the bars apart?

« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 02:24:35 pm by LeoCean »

Erendir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: September 08, 2014, 04:54:50 pm »

Some more icons for items would be awesome.  I noticed while arrows and most weapons look great, quivers still look like a chest.  That makes sense, right?  It's a box that you wear on your back, afterall >.<
I found one beautiful 48x quiver icon here:
License is this: http://zeldawiki.org/Zelda_Wiki:GNU_Free_Documentation_License
I'm not 100% sure if everyone can use it (like for streaming DF Let's play for example)

But if it is, adding it is easy:
1.resize the file to be 48*16=768 pixels in width and height,
2.add this in overrides.txt:
Code: [Select]
[TILESET:Override - 48x - Quiver.png:Override - 48x - Quiver.png:QuiverTileSet]
[OVERRIDE:146:I:QUIVER:QUIVER::QuiverTileSet:0]
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 07:08:34 pm by Erendir »

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: September 08, 2014, 05:14:20 pm »

Hmm? You don't want to make it 48x16 it will look like poop, you can do 16x16 and it looks ok, it certainly won't be that quality. 24x24 is a little better than 16. Still it's a pain in the ass with that license.

Erendir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: September 08, 2014, 07:09:25 pm »

Hmm? You don't want to make it 48x16 it will look like poop, you can do 16x16 and it looks ok, it certainly won't be that quality. 24x24 is a little better than 16. Still it's a pain in the ass with that license.
that "x" was actually a "*" like multiplication.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: September 08, 2014, 07:21:04 pm »

That's no different from what I said, you said it'd be 768 pixels and only with 48x16 could it ever be that. 16x48 isn't so bad but still there's no reason not to have it even.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: September 08, 2014, 09:15:36 pm »

You can override them with this.

[OVERRIDE:146:I:QUIVER:QUIVER:(nothing here as their is no subtype I think):2 #of tileset 0 is font, 1 is graphic tileset/main one/2 is the override with weapons:# of quiver icon]

Minecraft to save the day? Idk how I found that 16x16 image so easily. But it also adds buckets of water/lava/milk/empty buckets, but I think you can't change their looks based on what they hold. Like bars Q_Q.

I had other options for you to choose but they were all copyrighted. I don't want to go make a minecraft forum account just to ask if I can share the images.. This one doesn't seem to be though. 32x32.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Idk about this one.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think taking images from minecraft besides say the original texture quiver is a bad idea, the buggers copyright/license everything. Though for personal use it doesn't matter.
Phoebus uses a few minecraft tree and sapling tiles.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: September 08, 2014, 09:53:14 pm »

Yeah I noticed because I use some of his for spacefox which I've changed. Just the one he uses as tree/branch/leaves though which are from minecraft. It's not so bad if it is an original file from minecraft but if you looked at the mods on there with all their licenses. It doesn't matter so much if you are just using the stuff for personal use, no one would ever know but if you want to upload that stuff.

The first image in that is the original imageset I think.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: September 08, 2014, 09:57:33 pm »

That's no different from what I said, you said it'd be 768 pixels and only with 48x16 could it ever be that. 16x48 isn't so bad but still there's no reason not to have it even.

But if it is, adding it is easy:
1.resize the file to be 48*16=768 pixels in width and height
Edit: To clarify, Erendir is referring to creating a (48*16)*(48*16) image containing this tile (in one cell of a 16*16 grid of 48*48 tiles), rather than creating a 48*16 version of this tile (see below for a better explanation).
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 10:21:07 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: September 08, 2014, 10:07:20 pm »

Is that suppose to show me the difference in what he said and what I said and that I'm wrong? It'd be nice when you did those quote posts you said stuff in it....

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: September 08, 2014, 10:13:16 pm »

Is that suppose to show me the difference in what he said and what I said and that I'm wrong? It'd be nice when you did those quote posts you said stuff in it....
I'm not sure really how your math is working.

lethosor was pointing out with bold that doesn't really pop out on the standard theme very well, that Erendir specified that the image would be 768x768 ("768 pixels in width and height").

Your posts indicate you think the width:height ration would be 16:48 or 48:16, neither of which were what Erendir intended.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: September 09, 2014, 12:54:13 am »

Heh, yeah I forgot for a second (quite awhile) and was thinking he was talking about pixels square which is what i was referring to.   :-[ My bad..

Erde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: September 10, 2014, 08:12:50 am »

1. Main function is to use separate fonts (tilesets) for map tiles and for text.

How does this work exactly?

If I set [FONT] and [FULLFONT] to a tff file and then [GRAPHICS_FONT] & [GRAPHICS_FULLFONT] to a tileset I get this error on DF launch:

"Tileset not found"

However:

"The font is right there"

As you can see, the font is indeed present at the right location.

Any advice?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 08:16:27 am by Erde »

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: September 10, 2014, 08:18:34 am »

Only TrueType rendering uses .ttf files. Everything else is in that .png format, just like those pink tile sheets. For examplé.

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: September 10, 2014, 08:19:58 am »

1. Main function is to use separate fonts (tilesets) for map tiles and for text.

How does this work exactly?

If I set [FONT] and [FULLFONT] to a tff file and then [GRAPHICS_FONT] & [GRAPHICS_FULLFONT] to a tileset I get this error on DF launch:

"Tileset not found"

However:

"The font is right there"

As you can see, the font is indeed present at the right location.

Any advice?

You need to set [FONT] and [FULLFONT] to a tileset, too. Just a tileset that uses readable fonts as tiles (not a coffin as "O", a staircase as "X", levers as "ó"/"ò", a bag as male sign, etc).
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 184