Advanced search  

Poll

No
- 9 (37.5%)
Yes
- 15 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 39

Author Topic: European Union thread  (Read 47156 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: European Union thread
« Reply #360 on: November 03, 2015, 10:51:51 pm »

I know it's not the biggest anymore, but fuck I need to upgrade my Aurora fleet since it's being outclassed in tonnage by German mining equipment from the 70's.
I believe that when the batters are done raping all the coal out from under the largest forest in Germany they'll leave a nice 100 meter deep wet death pit. So there's that to look forward to.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #361 on: November 04, 2015, 02:44:31 am »

BAGGER 288!

The heck did I just watch?

BAGGER 288 BAGGER 288

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 04, 2015, 04:26:00 am »

Does all that refugee thing affect average EU citizen?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 04, 2015, 04:35:51 am »

BAGGER 288!

The heck did I just watch?

BAGGER 288 BAGGER 288
Check out some of their other stuff too. The Axolotl Song, the Spine Song, etc etc.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 04, 2015, 05:08:30 am »

Well, it's a lot in the news, and in my circles lots of people are involved in helping them (including a good friend of mine who netter a job with MSF after volunteering for several months at a refugee encampment and is now taking care of them full-time), but apart from that, not really.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #365 on: November 04, 2015, 05:24:17 am »

Or rather, no, it doesn't affect them YET, but EU is sure to go down in flames because CULTURAL JIHAD

/joke
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #366 on: November 04, 2015, 05:45:36 am »

Who's the average EU citizen? From what country, from what city, from what town or county? Italians and Belarusians are not in the same boat.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #367 on: November 04, 2015, 05:47:22 am »

Mainly because their boat seats were already taken over by bunch of Syrians.

Hey-yooooooooooooo
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 04, 2015, 05:48:32 am »

The coolest thing is that Bagger 288 is actually 3500 tons heavier than the Eiffel tower. So, you could mount the entire eiffel tower on catepillar tracks and make it move around, and it would still be lighter than Bagger 288. That gives some perspective on how huge this really is.

The French just build a big metal tower: The Germans build it bigger and equip it to come and kill you.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:54:17 am by Reelya »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 04, 2015, 06:49:37 am »

The average EU citizen's countries barely accept any refugees at all, so no. But up here in Sweden, for example, it is going to affect the average citizen a lot, mostly because the government immigration bureau is just paying capitalist opportunists to house people without any regards to whether the commune the housing is in. The responsibility is then dumped unto the communes who are expected to care for most of the day-to-day social services (including school and such) but get no additional funding from the state to shoulder the extra load.
Love, scriver~

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 04, 2015, 07:13:42 am »

Handy chart:

Sweden do take in a lot of people. But that's the number of successful applications, so not entirely representative of the strain on a country, Hungary for example grants very few people asylum, but got tens of thousands of people entering it.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 07:53:59 am by Sheb »

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 04, 2015, 07:52:54 am »

ptw

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 04, 2015, 08:46:07 am »

That chart is from 2014 too, so it's from before we started getting thousands of applications each week.

It should also be mentioned that people who gets declined asylum don't necessarily leave, so the communes still have to care for them.
Love, scriver~

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 04, 2015, 08:49:30 am »

Yeah, it would be interesting to have numbers on the last few months... I know that here in Belgium, the government decided to cap things at 250 then 150 applications per day (so ~35,000 to 80,000 a year), which seems similar in per capita to Sweden.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 04, 2015, 09:26:02 am »

Here is the numbers for 2015. So far Sweden has gotten 112 000 requests. The last few months there's been a rise of about 10-15 thousandpeople per months, but if we despite the current pressure assume that November and December will "just" add another 20-40 thousand people each we're looking at 150-200 thousand people for the whole year.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 39