Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 619295 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2205 on: August 26, 2014, 01:20:50 pm »

Run to another hillock, of course!  Or the new 'administration' building.

Boogies in this version dont seem as common as others.  It took me three days to find them.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: August 26, 2014, 04:14:49 pm »

Can someone confirm you can get more than two companions? If not then im going to deck out the two you can get.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: August 26, 2014, 04:17:39 pm »

If you bump up social intuition or something (the last one), you can get three or four. However, outside of prisioners joining you, I've never had more than 3, maybe 4 companions at once.

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: August 26, 2014, 04:41:42 pm »

I think it might be social awareness. I wonder if that stat determines your max cap you could ever have no matter how much reputation you accrue.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: August 26, 2014, 04:44:58 pm »

Yeah, social awareness. The thing is that there are so many things broken atm with adventure mode, even reputation seems to be broken atm.

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: August 26, 2014, 05:23:43 pm »

Also is there anyway to combine stackable items? I have 6 gold coins, 5 gold coins, and 2 gold coins. How do I make it 13 gold coins? Dropping them all and picking them up doesnt work.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: August 26, 2014, 05:32:57 pm »

Also is there anyway to combine stackable items? I have 6 gold coins, 5 gold coins, and 2 gold coins. How do I make it 13 gold coins? Dropping them all and picking them up doesnt work.

Nope. Can't do it in fort mode either.

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: August 26, 2014, 10:19:24 pm »

If I lose an arm and use an axe and shield with one arm is there a penalty?

blazing glory

« Reply #2213 on: August 27, 2014, 01:43:31 am »

If I lose an arm and use an axe and shield with one arm is there a penalty?

If Toady didn't fix that bug then I don't think so.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: August 27, 2014, 07:08:00 am »

As i reported a problem regarding world travel on the tracker that will turn automatically your stealth off at the 1st move, i'm now wondering.

Is there a reason for an adventurer to NOT turn stealth on while world travelling ? Something that does not get trained ?

Spacecat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: August 27, 2014, 10:01:48 am »

I'm having trouble finding shopkeepers.

I started near an elven village, found a yellowish area and traveled to it but couldn't find a shopkeeper after climbing a tree (just a bunch of barrels).  I thought maybe the shopkeep is dead or wandered off, and I would try a different area.

After much traveling I came upon a dwarven (hamlet?) and asked about trade partners, and was told the nearby town of Sharksport was a market hub.  Found Sharksport by opening fast travel and moving the cursor around to nearby landmarks.  After being ambushed by a sasquatch I made it to Sharksport.  The fast travel map showed a yellow/amber area and upon moving my hero to said area the map indicated that this was a market tree.  Exiting fast travel deposited me near a couple of trees, I climbed the closest one, a few z-layers up I found allot of barrels and containers and a few elves mulling about.  They are all bowyers and tell me I would have better luck trading with a shopkeeper.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Are the shopkeepers normally in the market trees?  Is there an indicator to which tree they might be in? 

Below is a screen shot of one of the trees I searched.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 10:03:19 am by Spacecat »

Blue_J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: August 27, 2014, 11:49:45 am »

While I was thrilled when DF2014 came out in July, I've avoided getting sucked into Adventure mode much until a few of the bigger bug were squashed. With the "everyone runs away" problem taken care of in 0.40.10, I finally decided to get back into it.

It wasn't until then that I realized that the "Parry" option can be used to train weapon skills. (Yes, I skill grind.) This is a big deal, and I'm probably going to restart to take advantage of that fact sooner in my character's career. (Also, to add steelmaking to the humans.) However, I noticed that doing this also has the effect of training the weapons skills of whoever you're fighting - parry enough and eventually the bandit pikeman you're fighting will turn into a "pikemaster."

This brings me to my question: Is there a way to exploit this effect for companion training? If you can get someone to yield, will they eventually be amenable to joining you? Can you get companions from a civilization you're friendly with, take them out in the woods, provoke them to fight you, then yield/demand a yield without making the parent civ hostile? My current understanding is that the civilization won't know unless you or the companion tells someone about the attack, but rumor spreading and aggression are bugged so I'm not sure.

Of course, there's really no reason why you shouldn't be able to initiate a "training" fight with a companion, but as far as I know you can't do that yet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: August 27, 2014, 02:48:50 pm »

I did attempt to use a training sword on a random hearthperson in some village where I was a stranger. Not particularily surprisingly, I got killed in the attempt.

Outside of that attempt, I haven't tried to initiate training sessions or anything.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: August 27, 2014, 06:24:40 pm »

Off the top of my head, I think spitting in a cold enough area might work, tho I dunno if spit can still freeze. A similar interaction to spitting with a solid or frozen substance might do the trick as that can be batted away and such,  which should, in theory, raise the appropriate skills. Probably slow and tedious, but it might just work without provoking hatred.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

jax3639

• Bay Watcher
  • [DIGGER:ITEM_WEAPON_BARE_HANDS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: August 27, 2014, 08:07:21 pm »

I'm having trouble finding shopkeepers.

I started near an elven village, found a yellowish area and traveled to it but couldn't find a shopkeeper after climbing a tree (just a bunch of barrels).  I thought maybe the shopkeep is dead or wandered off, and I would try a different area.

After much traveling I came upon a dwarven (hamlet?) and asked about trade partners, and was told the nearby town of Sharksport was a market hub.  Found Sharksport by opening fast travel and moving the cursor around to nearby landmarks.  After being ambushed by a sasquatch I made it to Sharksport.  The fast travel map showed a yellow/amber area and upon moving my hero to said area the map indicated that this was a market tree.  Exiting fast travel deposited me near a couple of trees, I climbed the closest one, a few z-layers up I found allot of barrels and containers and a few elves mulling about.  They are all bowyers and tell me I would have better luck trading with a shopkeeper.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Are the shopkeepers normally in the market trees?  Is there an indicator to which tree they might be in? 

Below is a screen shot of one of the trees I searched.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Try looking around on the ground floor. That's where I found Elf merchants.
The bag weighs twice my dwarf right now, containing nothin but guts, vomit, and a dead kobold.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 327