Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1796485 times)

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress -V.0.7 - MAJOR UPDATE!!!
« Reply #285 on: January 12, 2012, 11:39:22 pm »

It would be awesome if there would be no change on the creature files themself. Of course, if that doesnt work, send me your solution :) Do you still base it upon the animel/rare/exotic from veok ?

Well. I suppose I could rework it to not change any creature files at all. However it would mean changes to the vanilla material and tissue templates.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #286 on: January 12, 2012, 11:42:31 pm »

It is your time, so whichever you prefer ;) Both solutions have good and bad points. But could you please send me the raws you have done so far ? I am dying to habe a look.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #287 on: January 12, 2012, 11:43:51 pm »

It is your time, so whichever you prefer ;) Both solutions have good and bad points. But could you please send me the raws you have done so far ? I am dying to habe a look.
And his German shows through. Also hows that Golden goose workin out?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #288 on: January 12, 2012, 11:52:13 pm »

No, the V and B are next to each other, simple typo ;) But nice catch.

Goose is not tested yet. I changed the ratio from 350:300:10 to 54:45:1 btw. Remember, if it adds up to 100, it is easier to calculate. I also made a easter bunny that lays eggs, same ratio. Both have a 99:1 chance to show up. And I reduces clutch size for the goose to 1. Otherwise it would lay 6-8 gold nuggets each time.

I'm currently working on making mining a tiny bit harder and reducing clutter without removing things. Here, what do you think ?

Mircocline is now known as cave fungus and will only yield slime, no stone.
Bauxite is now known as living stone and will only yield blood, no stone.
Sandstone will evaporate into sandy dust when mined and leaves nothing.
Rock salt will evaporate into salty dust when mined and leaves nothing.
Same goes for Claystone, Siltstones, Mudstone and Chalk. All leave no rocks anymore.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 12:02:28 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #289 on: January 13, 2012, 12:10:11 am »

No, the V and B are next to each other, simple typo ;) But nice catch.

Goose is not tested yet. I changed the ratio from 350:300:10 to 54:45:1 btw. Remember, if it adds up to 100, it is easier to calculate. I also made a easter bunny that lays eggs, same ratio. Both have a 99:1 chance to show up. And I reduces clutch size for the goose to 1. Otherwise it would lay 6-8 gold nuggets each time.

I'm currently working on making mining a tiny bit harder and reducing clutter without removing things. Here, what do you think ?

Mircocline is now known as cave funug and will only yield slime, no stone.

Rock Salt should have a chance to cause temp blindness and eye pain.
Sand should be temp blindness
The microline should give a moss stone in which you can use to brew drinks or seomthing

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 13, 2012, 12:14:06 am »

Oh fine, here are the tissue, inorganic, and detail plan files. If you have an animal use these detail plans, their fat, tallow, soap, and leather will be generic. I never did get horn and hoof to work, despite using the same method as the other materials.

For some reason I cannot attach anything to this post, so here's a dropbox link instead. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4844617/generic_creature_materials.zip

Also, generic horn and hoof are impossible without altering the vanilla templates or creature definitions. If you want to use unchanged creature raws, you need to apply methods used in these raws to the vanilla templates already called by the creatures.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 12:17:45 am by Ashnal »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #291 on: January 13, 2012, 12:18:20 am »

Blindness would not hinder miners. I thought about giving them some minor burns (exploding gas pockets) or cut/bleeding (sharp rocks, dangerous work underground)

The moss stone for booze... well, that would add another stone. ;) I try 3 things at the same time:
1. Make mining harder. (the injuries)
2. Make rock production harder. (less stone)
3. Reduce clutter (less stone)

I picked microcline because people usually hate the color, and bauxite because it is bright red, another weird color for stone. The other 6 because it seems almost plausible that they do not create a solid stone.

@Ashnal: YEAH! Thanks. I will add these to the mod, and your name to the credits :)

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 13, 2012, 12:24:59 am »

Blindness would not hinder miners. I thought about giving them some minor burns (exploding gas pockets) or cut/bleeding (sharp rocks, dangerous work underground)

The moss stone for booze... well, that would add another stone. ;) I try 3 things at the same time:
1. Make mining harder. (the injuries)
2. Make rock production harder. (less stone)
3. Reduce clutter (less stone)

I picked microcline because people usually hate the color, and bauxite because it is bright red, another weird color for stone. The other 6 because it seems almost plausible that they do not create a solid stone.

@Ashnal: YEAH! Thanks. I will add these to the mod, and your name to the credits :)

Keep in mind bauxite stone is commonly used because it is magma safe. And I would like to add that I love making blue and red constructions myself.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #293 on: January 13, 2012, 12:44:32 am »

Ok, is noted. Magma safe mats should be no problem though, as soon as I add the obsidian factory. Red stone can be produces from clay, unlimited.

About your raws: The b_detail_plan_default.txt is the unchanged orig from DF. I guess you wanted to send one where all the XX_TEMPLATE are replaces by XX_COMMON_TEMPLATE ?

EDIT: Mh, I'm either too tired or too stupid, but how is this supposed to work ? You have 3 types of skins, and add common tissues and materials, but you link nothing to it. I'd have to change every creature file and the b_detail_plan_default.txt to use it. Or I am just blind and cant see what you changed...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 01:02:20 am by Meph »

nukularpower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 13, 2012, 12:55:42 am »

Pandas no longer starve.

Just curious, do elephants and rhinos still starve to death because they can't possibly feed themselves?

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 13, 2012, 01:21:59 am »

Ok, is noted. Magma safe mats should be no problem though, as soon as I add the obsidian factory. Red stone can be produces from clay, unlimited.

About your raws: The b_detail_plan_default.txt is the unchanged orig from DF. I guess you wanted to send one where all the XX_TEMPLATE are replaces by XX_COMMON_TEMPLATE ?

EDIT: Mh, I'm either too tired or too stupid, but how is this supposed to work ? You have 3 types of skins, and add common tissues and materials, but you link nothing to it. I'd have to change every creature file and the b_detail_plan_default.txt to use it. Or I am just blind and cant see what you changed...

Yeah, I meant to send b_detail_plan_generic.txt but I must have misclicked. Here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4844617/b_detail_plan_generic.txt

Please note that your vanilla creatures were already modified by veoks program to use different detail plans. I would suggest either using vanilla creature files or using a mass search and replace for (COMMON|RARE|EXOTIC)_ANIMAL_MATERIALS replace with STANDARD_MATERIALS (that should work perfectly if used in regex match mode btw) also (COMMON|RARE|EXOTIC)_ANIMAL_TISSUES replace with either COMMON_ANIMAL_TISSUES if you're going to use my detail plans or STANDARD_TISSUES if you plan on using the default detail plans with the modified default tissues provided below.

So to explain. The linking is done in the tissue_template_generic.txt. Normally Creatures use both a material and tissue template, with the tissue template referring to the materials added to the creature by the material template. My changed tissue templates simply refer to the inorganic materials, rather than the creature materials. I got the idea after looking at stonemen and other such creatures. SO when a creature uses my tissue template, its tissues are made out of the generic materials, rather than the creatures materials, if that makes sense.

You can either change creatures to use the detail plans, or you can change the default tissues in tissue_template_default.txt to mimic tissue_template_generic.txt like so:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4844617/tissue_template_default.txt

If you use that tissue_template_default.txt with the inorganic file then that is all you need.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 01:35:10 am by Ashnal »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #296 on: January 13, 2012, 01:39:16 am »

No animals starve anymore.

And now everything makes sense, thanks. The only remaining problem is that I have a wild mix of standart creatures (from flora and fauna mod), creatures formatted with veoks mods (all other creatures) and the subterrean/monster creatures from Genesis, complete with toughskin, thinskin, toughbone, and so on.

Will take some time to sort that mess out.  :-\

EDIT: I uploaded another version, just some minor changes and fixes. I will dive into the generic bodypart adventure next week. Thanks for all the help :)

>>>NEW DOWNLOAD: MINOR FIXES AND UPDATES<<<
Changelog:
V.0.7.2
Updates building construction graphics for all new buildings.
Added adv. Religion system.
1 new building: Shrine of Armok
1 new noble: Prophet of Armok
4 new reactions. Sacrifice blood, weapons, armor, or life.
Pet turtle egg number reduced by 66%
Added 2 new creature variations: LARGE and SMALL. (Same system as Giant-Animals)
Fixed some minor raw errors.
Turret syndromes do affect the Undead now as well.
Landmine explosions have a fitting color now and have a slightly increased radius.
Fixed duplicate creature: Spriti of fire and cave croc
Added 2 more cave civs:
Babysnatching, thiefing bat-people armed with vicious blades.
Camping Ant-people, wielding spears and arriving in big numbers. Lead by queen.
Updated the included DF-Hack to the newest version, includes Stonesense and DfFusion.
Added golden goose, 99:1 chance that one of your geese will be one. Lays golden eggs.
Added easter bunny. 99:1 chance that one of your rabbits will be one. Lays eggs.

Made mining slightly harder.
Mircocline is now known as cave fungus and will only yield slime, no stone.
Claystone will evaporate into clay dust when mined and leaves nothing.
Mudstone  will evaporate into dirt dust when mined and leaves nothing.
Siltstone will evaporate into silty dust when mined and leaves nothing.
Chalk will evaporate into chalky dust when mined and leaves nothing.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 02:03:58 am by Meph »

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 13, 2012, 01:48:19 am »

No animals starve anymore.

And now everything makes sense, thanks. The only remaining problem is that I have a wild mix of standart creatures (from flora and fauna mod), creatures formatted with veoks mods (all other creatures) and the subterrean/monster creatures from Genesis, complete with toughskin, thinskin, toughbone, and so on.

Will take some time to sort that mess out.  :-\

Unfortunately if you're using genesis creatures, my method will basically remove the leather tiers from the game. If I was in your position, I would use genesis creatures as a base and then go through the other creatures and assign thin or tough skin based on what you feel is right for them. To maintain simplification compatibility, you need to make new inorganic entries for thin skin, tough skin, mythskin, thin leather, tough leather, and mythskin leather (deephide if you dont want a dragon's name on your leather I guess) then you would need to give the creatures tissues using the new inorganic skin classes.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress -V.0.7.2 - MAJOR UPDATE!!!
« Reply #298 on: January 13, 2012, 01:55:56 am »

Yeah, I thought about using your work as a basis to make the fitting tissues or inorganic_mats to accommodate the genesis system. It would be a waste not to use it. Thats why I keep it for later, it will take some time to do this.

From tomorrow on I'll be on the road again, so dont expect any updates soon.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 13, 2012, 02:22:03 am »

Made mining slightly harder.
Note that none of these will work with TEMPERATURE:OFF which you can count on large portions of people playing under if they were looking for higher FPS.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 749