Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Wiki-Warfare: Operation Nocturne (Waitlist Open!)  (Read 3493 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki-Warfare: Operation Nocturne
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2024, 09:51:59 am »

"Ah golly, was it a left or right turn at Albuquerque?" Beryl takes one hand off of the controls and pulls out his 'map', which is clearly just a random piece of paper with several X's and squiggly lines drawn on it, "Eh, oh well, let's see where it takes us." He tosses the paper into the air behind him.

Nothing to do but keep looking!

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2024, 02:46:27 pm »

Try to keep up with the houndoom and attempt to shoot her!
she/her

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2024, 01:03:14 am »

Follow the cars and mind attack the agents car since it is government infrastructure giving them transport clearly

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2024, 09:19:18 pm »

Started work on the turn! Sorry it'll be a little late, I got engrossed in Mortal Kombat 1 and lost track of time. Tomorrow or day after, for sure.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2024, 11:26:25 pm »

Emotion in Motion
Deathmatch
Part II: Starving Beasts
Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, Botswana & South African Border
Morning, Sunny, 2/23/2007

Driving South down the road to Twee Rivieren with the AC on full-blast and the windows cranked to the bottom, the engineer Maximilien Ringelmann silently roams the park with a discerning eye and a stiff upper lip. As he gets closer to the Rest Camp, he sees herds of Oryx and Wildebeest begin to grow more frequent and more patches of green forestation on the horizon. Despite how hot it remains out of the car, the cool inside combines with the serene landscape to create a gorgeous artpiece, a snapshot of a moment without tribulation. As he approaches, he checks over his shoulder and in every mirror, making sure none of the others, including the more supernaturally inclined, aren't following. [Spot: 10] Fortunately, it appears they're all back the way he came, not an eye or speck of dust showing he's being followed whatsoever. Smirking, he continues the drive, eventually parking at the entrance to the scenic rest-camp. No Portman in sight. Frowning, he silently exists the car and re-adjusts his tie, as he tries to hide his sword and shield on his person. [Stealth: 6] Fortunately, his suit is just thick enough to make them non-obtrusive, but if someone takes a closer look, all ambiguity is washed away. He enters into the Rest Camp and begins to search. [Spot: 2] Believing he can smell the pompous hatred of capital, he approaches one building and steps inside, finding it to be a small, empty chalet with a kitchenette and a bathroom.

Driving up North, as carefully as possible as the hills get bumpier and steeper on their way to Kielie Krankie, the trio of powerful Pokemon stand vigilant, on the lookout for trouble while the Navi Starmobile carries them off. [Spot: 10] Turning around just in time, Registeel makes a sharp clicking noise and points behind them. Houndoom also looks back to see Terry Helmut running as fast as he can after them, Smith and Wesson revolver at the ready as he makes chase! [Speed: 1] But unfortunately, on a particularly nasty incline, he loses his footing and tumbles down the red sand, seemingly losing pace with the Pokemon with a sharp yelp. With a yipp of victory, Houndoom turns her back [2-3 (Accuracy + Distance) v 6] completely ignorant to the sound of defeat as Terry drops his gun. In even less time than Max, having been closer, the Navi Starmobile parks right in front of Kielie Krankie, on the first patch of solid ground they can muster. A group of people near that area step back, stunned, surprised. They seem to be mostly tourists, visitors of the camp and it's cabins. Houndoom and Registeel hop off the ride as a young boy in the group asks his parents in a British accent "Mum, it's Pokemon! That's Registeel! He sounds like a transformer!" [Spot: 3] If this is truly all of them, then Jason Portman's not here. Yet, one young man does narrow his eyes at them and step away from the crowding parkgoers.

Sprinting like his artificial life depends on it (and it does), Josef downs more coffee in his mad sprint and continues down South towards the cave system. His feet kick up dust and his mind races as he nears ever closer to the location of pure discovery itself. As the bitter and delicious aftertaste of his drink fades away, the sound of a car engine comes in. Despite himself, Josef scoffs and rolls his eyes. Cars? Lazy way to travel. No exercise, no blood pumping, no pulse pounding. Just overpriced fuel and underperforming horsepower, compared to the indomitable spirit of a human. Finally, he makes it to the Chasm, a large canyon in the ground which exposes ledges of stone, dirt, gravel, and sediment. It leads down to a stone floor about thirty meters in, with patches of softer material and even some molten lava coating it, leading into the darkness that no doubt creates the rest of the massive cave system. He climbs down to one such stone ledge, shoes on the stone walkway, looking downward.

Rubbing his eyes and sighing, William H. Moran looks back in the direction of the start zone South of Kielie Krankie, keeping watch on the others. "Fuckin' kids," he huffs, following Josef Szombathy as he bolts for the caves like The Flash. "See anything, Agencourt?" Keeping her MP5 to her chest, Agent Agencourt looks back out the window and sweeps her eyes across the area. [Spot: 7 v Stealth 5] Other than a coalition of Cheetahs, seemingly looking for food, she doesn't see any Wiki-Warriors, which she communicates with a head shake. She does notice a bit of movement in the underbrush when she looks back, but simply sits up straighter as she waits for visual confirmation. Unbeknownst to them, definitively speaking, Rinji and Chitti are in pursuit, staying low for now. They follow close behind, finally getting close to the canyon, watching as Josef hops down the short incline. William puts his car in park, and watches for a second.

The tinny sound of an old-timey radio plays as background noise to the aerial antics of Beryl Bushmouse, flying his propeller plane through a sea of clouds and a small curtain of vanishing eighth notes. Despite the wide smiles on his face, the very stark realization falls over Beryl as he remembers that, indeed, he has no idea where he's going! Taking one hand off the controls, he pulls out his "map", which is clearly just a random piece of paper with X's and squiggly lines drawn across it. "Ah golly, was it a left or right turn at Albuquerque?" he asks as he very carefully studies the random paper. "Eh, oh well, let's see where it takes us," he finally settles on, throwing it over his shoulder to disappear into the African wilderness. [Spot: 10] And it's right then that he spots a landmark! Just slightly North is a recognizable building, owned by the Mier and Khomani groups. The !Xaus Lodge, a community-run area of twelve thatch chalets that provides gorgeous amenities for everyone who steps foot within. Tiny specks of a thriving community lie in Beryl's eyeline.

Dropping his gun on the red sand ground from his tumble, Terry falls ass over head on the dune, before flopping over. Fortunately, the sand cushioned his fall, but the feeling of it in his socks certainly doesn't feel good. Quirking his lips, he wraps his fingers back around the grip of his S&W 686, stands up straight, and clamors back up the dune. [Speed: 4] He makes it over the hump, enough to see the Pokemon at the gate of the camp, but not close enough to reach them yet or even get the best shot. Still, he makes the attempt from his distance. [2-2 (Accuracy) v 5] *click* With a tired look on his face, he inspects his handgun. A bit of sand has gotten between the hammer and firing pin, preventing the best strike against the bullet. He sighs and wipes away the sand, before starting to dash towards them all once again.

Rinji, the Psychic Shinobi, knows government when he sees it. Desperate suits craving power and validation. He smacks his lips and sighs. "Useless spies," he laments. "They made themselves too obvious, and now they've sealed their fate in a steel coffin." He raises his fingers to his head and smirks...and nothing happens. He frowns, and concentrates harder on his psychic attack. Nothing. [Knowledge: 2] If government agents are in the car, it's a government car! What gives? He growls. "...Chitti," he asks of his android companion. "Give 'em a lesson for me." Chitti smiles, and leaps out of the underbrush, sprinting towards the car. Chitti sprints fast and strong, approaching the vehicle quickly. [8 v 7+2 (Metal Body)] Agent Agencourt yelps as she fires her MP5 behind their car at Chitti, but the three-round burst barely seems to make him even flinch. [8+2 (Super Strength) v 3] Outstretching his arms, Chitti pushes the agent's car hard. The back of the car shatters and folds against his hands as it's sent flying towards the canyon. [8 v 1] Josef peeks his upper body out of the gorge to see the commotion, only to be bodied by the car, sending three people down to the bottom. [William's Medical Check: 8] [Agencourt's Medical Check: 5] [Josef's Medical Check: 10] The car lands wheel first, and Josef lands feet first with a perfect landing. Josef sighs, and then yelps and falls to his knees, clutching his chest. William H. Moran is dazed, with whiplash and a concussion. Mathilda Agencourt is in the worst shape of them all: her right arm is bent in a way it very much shouldn't be, leaving her MP5 collapsed onto the floor of the car, and there is a nasty series of cuts and bruises over her face and hands. All three are now at the bottom of the canyon, ready to approach the rest of the cave system, while Chitti looks back and gives a smile and a hand-on-chest salute to Rinji.

BSN: You're not killing the kid in Kielie Krankie. You're probably allowed to, it's Bay12, you can kill kids in Dwarf Fortress. But this specific kid, he's not getting into any crossfires, kid's gonna grow up to speedrun Omega Ruby.

The Canadian kitten, if you'd like a real (if OOC) explanation for your attack not working, it's because the Chevrolet Styleline Deluxe was never an accepted government vehicle or created for government use. I'm sure a cop's driven one off-duty, but it's a designer model. Also, after further research, I'll be giving your ally a couple buffs to better fit his film appearance. Nothing too OP, just some abilities he REALLY SHOULD HAVE HAD, is all. :/

Otherwise, hope you enjoyed!

Spoiler: Crystalizedmire (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Canadian kitten (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: BlackPaladin99 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Megam0nkey (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Strongpoint (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 04:50:41 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2024, 12:21:48 am »

A sigh is heard from Maximilien, muttering something or another about the unfortunate situation under his breath in his native tounge. Like a machine, the engineer methodically continues his search Throughout the area. If he truley isnt within the Rest Camp, head back to my car and continue driving off to the next closest local. If he is found here, a sword shall meet him. Only once this man is dead will he take on those supernatural warriors he left in the dust.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2024, 03:35:07 am »

"Oh shit....   "
See if the car can still drive and if it can drive into the caverns, if it's dead we both ditch the car and run further into the caverns and try to find a place to check our injuries.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2024, 04:13:13 am »

Curse in German, straighten up, strike the wall of the canyon with the hammer aiming a wave of the Lithotripsy ability at Chitti, then retreat to the cave system and start exploring looking for anything useful, especially anything that can be used as a light source, weapon or augmentation.

Also, verbally offer an "exploratory truce" to the pair of secret agents, seeing that there are also people of culture interested in archeology
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2024, 01:22:36 pm »

"These damn government spies must have developed a way to block my attacks. No matter, I got more ways to deal with scum like these"

Use Iron sand to create tiny bullet like projectiles and start shooting the agents. Have Chitti continue wrecking them as well.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki-Warfare: Operation Nocturne (7/10 Players)
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2024, 05:17:33 pm »

I take Cover and Do this:
I Shoot them with flamethrower, registeel hits them with flash cannon, and the starmobile uses smog on them.   
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2024, 07:26:13 pm »

"Hu-huh, now that's more like it!" Beryl grins as his white-gloved left hand grips the controls, moving to circle the lodge. His right hand, meanwhile, moves to raise his Garand from his side.

Circle the lodge from above, trying to spot Portman below. Or at least some guy with a lot of bodyguards, it's not like there's going to be two Very Important People here or anything, right?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2024, 09:19:06 pm »

I've gotten very sick, so the turn might take a while. Sorry.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2024, 04:20:06 pm »

Find Jason Portman by interviewing the nearest people
she/her

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2024, 06:30:23 pm »

Working on the turn now! Sorry it's taking a while, life stuff's getting in the way.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2024, 11:18:29 am »

Emotion in Motion
Deathmatch
Part III: Man, Machine, and Pocket Monster
Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, Botswana & South African Border
Morning, Sunny, 2/23/2007

As he closes the door to the chalet he burst into, sighing and muttering "Où est-il?" under his breath, Maximilien brings his hands behind his back and begins a more methodical search for Jason Portman, [Spot: 5] There doesn't seem to be anything in the way of proof of Jason Portman being here, though the obvious fact that he could be hiding still appears in the back of his mind. No flashy cars, no bodyguards, no special treatment. If Portman was here, he's showing no signs, very carefully hidden just out of sight, just out of reach. With no other leads truly in sight, Max snaps his fingers, but keeps his smooth upper lip as he returns to his car. Setting aside his sword and shield in the passenger seat, he checks his map again. The closest rest stop to here would be Ta Shebube Rooiputs, a private lodge to the northeast. Private lodge? Surely, a rich man would be there! He starts the engine right back up and begins speeding down the road towards his next destination.

Trying to ignore the scent of burnt toast and the sound of ringing in his ears, William Moran scrunches up his nose and mutters "Oh shit," as he fumbles his foot towards the gas pedal. [Car Health: 1-1 (Damage)] Despite being pushed in from the back and landing on it's wheels, the engine seems to be incredibly damaged. Namely, that after the most horrific sputtering noise ever conceived of by mortal man, William and Agencourt look on as a fire ignites from under the hood of their deluxe car. After a small, comedic beat of looking at eachother, they bolt, throwing the doors open and scrambling for the open cavern in front of them, light and safety be damned. As they sprint for it, they come across a natural wall bending into a curve, and duck behind it. Agent Agencourt slides against the wall with a huff, clutching her limp right arm with a scowl. "Fuck. I think my arm's dead, sir," she settles as William steps unsteadily beside her. "But, I think we're okay. If we're careful, we can still win this...right, sir?" William looks down at her and nods quickly, drawing his pistol and waiting.

Slamming a fist onto the stone ground with a huff, he curses through gritted teeth "Verdammt! Meine verdammten Rippen!" and looks up to see Chitti's shit-eating grin of self-satisfaction. Checking behind himself, he sees the car behind him has ignited and the doors have been flung open by the retreating agents. Scowling, he straightens up onto his feet with an arm still cradling his damaged ribs, and clutches his hammer in the free arm as he sprints towards a wall. He strikes, smacking the hammerhead against the walls of the chasm, [10 v 4] and sending a shockwave of energy up through the area. The lava sputters from the force and splashes harmlessly on the ground beside him as the shockwave flies up towards Chitti, who only has a second to realize something's up before the shockwave hits his foot and sends him flying. Flipping backwards, he lands on his back with a thud, where a quick visual scan (and a simple sight check) confirms that the blow smashed the rotors in his ankles simultaneously. While it's an easy replacement, and his bizarre mobility will still allow him to move, it's going to slow the android down significantly. With that done, Josef turns back to offer a truce to the agents, only to realize that the car's...more on fire, and sparking. Oh dear. Wanting to run further in anyway, Josef makes to sprint for it [10 v 10+2 (Caffeine High)] as the car explodes. In a peak of speed, time seems to dilate, as he leaps over the lava, dodges wayward shrapnel, and makes it to cover before the fireball can catch him. As the flames fly harmlessly to his right, Josef smirks and nods, before doing a quick check for supplies. [Spot: 7] A discarded flashlight immediately catches his eye, which he picks up and clicks on. Still works.

Rinji smirks and gives a thumbs up back, and then watches as Chitti is thrown through the air by a violent shockwave that kicks up a cloud of dust. As soon as Chitti lands, he bolts to the entrance of the canyon and looks down, seeing no bodies, an exploded car with no one in it, and judging by the lack of extra abilities and the injured android, no death at all! He kicks the ground in a huff, and looks back to Chitti. "Need a hand?" he asks, but Chitti waves him off with a simple response of "No." Breathing in, Rinji then speaks "Those damn government must have developed a way to block my attacks and survive yours. No matter. I've got more ways to with scum like them." With no clear angle for his first plan, he instead motions to Chitti to come closer, and watches as he crawls over quickly. With a nod shared between them, Chitti extends both hands as Rinji holds onto his jacket, and his bat holds onto him. With the force of his electromagnets, the three are dragged by an invisible force to the burning car, landing gracefully just a bit away from it's flames inside the canyon. "Much better, thanks!" Rinji compliments, as he opens his gourd and drags up some Iron Sand with his Magnet Release. "Time to finish this," he says, loud enough for the agents to hear, as he makes the Hand Seal of the Ram, "Iron Sand: Scattered Showers!" Immediately, the sand hardens into iron grams the size of a 9mm bullet, and he sends the grains around the corner to attack them. [4 v 1+2 (Position Unclear)] [7 v 2+2 (Position Unclear)] William Moran hears the name of the technique and is able to press himself flat against the wall, save for a "bullet" that smashes through his right cheek, and out the left. Mathilda Agencourt takes a worse blow, taking two grains into her side, sending a gasp and a shout of pain out of her as blood splashes against the cave floor. Chitti begins to crawl after them, but being slower, he can't reach them to attack yet.

As the Pokemon watch the crowd, looking to see any sign of Jason Portman, Houndoom looks back to the sand dunes. Another Warrior was right on them, waiting to strike despite a string of bad luck, and he's just made his presence known again as he dashes towards the creatures with his gun still in-hand. With a sharp bark, the crowd notices the madman approaching and begin to flee, sending the suspicious man bolting towards one of the cabins. Houndoom and Registeel take cover behind the Navi Starmobile, and with a roared command, the Navi Starmobile rounds on Terry Helmut and uses Smog! [5 v Immune (Chemical Imbalance)] With a rev, the car pushes out a small purple ball, that hits Terry Helmut and explodes into a cloud of purple poison. The Houndoom and Registeel look out, confident he's down, only for Terry to sprint out through the cloud, seemingly no worse for ware! With an alarmed bark, Houndoom leaves the safety of cover and uses Flamethrower! [1 v Immune (Chemical Imbalance)] Barking loudly just before, a stream of flames emerge from her mouth, burning towards Terry, who is hit by a flame and not only seems completely unfazed, but seems to absorb it automatically, and fires his gun at them! [10 v 3] With a loud bang, Houndoom lets out a pained whine as the bullet flies through her hide. She collapses, but manages to stand back up and bolt behind the car. Bleeding, she growls to Registeel, who peeks its head out as its red eyes turn stark white. [4 v 9] Registeel uses Flash Cannon! Sending out a beam of pure light energy, Houndoom watches in alarm as Terry rolls and dodges away from the beam, still with a look of determination. Houndoom looks back towards the village, and notices the suspicious man, now with a gun, escorting another armed man and a third, unarmed man out of a cabin. An unarmed man with a...familiar face.

Suddenly, every Wiki-Warrior gets a psychic resonance. Jason Portman has been found in Kielie Krankie! He is Jason Portman, ex-CEO turned corporate laysabout. Quite the resume.

Snapping his fingers, interrupted right from his train of thought, Beryl Bushmouse says "Well, darn it all!" Standing up out of the cockpit and looking with a hand over his eyes, he spots the silhouette of what seems to be the collection of chalets that make up Kielie Krankie, and smiles. "Hot dog! I'm comin' for ya, you scamp! And when I do, my rifle's gonna have some fun!" Sitting back down, he pivots his controls towards Kielie Krankie and begins to fly his plane over. [Speed: 7+2 (Plane)] The Pokemon and Terry Helmut can already see his monochrome engine in the sky, and know company's coming.

Between the psionic message, and the sight of an enemy plane, Terry Helmut now knows definitively that CEO Jason Portman is in Kielie Krankie. Without his initial plan to interview the townsfolk, he settles on taking cover behind a chalet in the midst of the confusion, and watching. Yep. Flanked by two guards in his finest, tacky-ass tourist trap getup, is Portman. The trio are approaching a Safari truck with a canopy above them, and he can't have that, now can he? [9 v 10] Raising his Smith and Wesson up to bear, he fires the pistol, missing by seemingly a hair's breadth as the trio duck down. One of the armed men starts the car, and at the loud urging of Jason Portman, the other raises his Bartoli pistol and fires back. [6 v 1] Terry can feel a sharp impact, almost like a punch, into his gut as the trio begin to drive, and he looks down to see the bullet having hit his gut. With a sigh of pain, he watches the safari truck drive back onto the road.

BSN: Quite the turn! Sorry for the delay, life stuff happened and I kept getting demotivated. But here I am!

I decided to give away Portman's Initial Location once he was properly located as a way to keep people on the move: Wiki-Warfare "maps" are infinite in size, you guys can go anywhere within reason, so to keep Quests fair, that was my compromise. But only his Initial Location! If he escapes, it's back on the hunt.

Spoiler: Crystalizedmire (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Canadian kitten (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: BlackPaladin99 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Megam0nkey (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Strongpoint (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4