Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 226976 times)

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #165 on: January 08, 2012, 12:21:44 pm »

As Falcata searches for Glavie she spots him walking into the bar. ((tavern/meeting hall/dinning hall whatever we are calling it.)) He sticks his head in and appears to look around and then turns back out, he looks disappointed but then he spies Falcata approaching from the barracks. He walks toward her and says,

"Hello, and good afternoon Falcata, how are you doing today?"

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 08, 2012, 12:59:06 pm »

The closest thing to a bar we've got would indeed be the dining hall.  I should probably post an updated picture of the fort's layout with the next update, which will probably come tonight.  The booze is stockpiled next to the stills just under the dining hall, one of the few things that is underground.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 08, 2012, 01:19:04 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:23:11 pm by Omicega »

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 08, 2012, 03:05:24 pm »

"I've been fine, keeping busy. Trying to get some practice in with my new shield before the next raid, you know."

Glavie sees her gesture to the doors.

"I was actually looking for you. I thought I'd ask you to join me for dinner. If you don't mind that is." he smiles sheepishly.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 03:07:15 pm by KingStrongbeard »

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 08, 2012, 04:26:11 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:23:15 pm by Omicega »

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 08, 2012, 04:56:20 pm »

Glaive holds the door to the dining hall with his magic for Falcata, they find a table to themselves, and get some food and drink. After they get settled...

"So...how's your hoof doing? Panacea had you staying off it for quite some time."

((Sorry, I'm taking a long time to post replies, I've got a lot of things going on today.))

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 08, 2012, 05:07:31 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:23:18 pm by Omicega »

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 08, 2012, 05:22:30 pm »

"The shield is a true work of art. Light but very strong." Glaive takes a bite of his food and a sip of drink. "I'm honored to be chosen to wield it, but I don't know about having really earned it. I just happened to be closest to the snatcher, I did what anypony would have done. I'm no hero."

As he talks about the attempted foalnapping he rubs his bum leg where that snatcher's knife cut him.

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 08, 2012, 05:30:27 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:23:23 pm by Omicega »

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 08, 2012, 05:53:04 pm »

He laughs at the question.

"Ha Ha, Yes, I do get that a lot. I know most ponies can't grow one, but it runs in my family, hells, I've got a second cousin in the capital named Star-Swirl with one twice as long and thick as mine. Great Grandpa used to say that we had Buffulo blood in us, that caused it, but he was a little senile and I don't know if it's true."

"That reminds me of a story. When I was younger I didn't much care for the beard, so one day I tried to trim it, but I shaved it too close to the skin. Ha, if I get strange looks as a bearded pony, that's nothing to the looks I got with a bald face. Oh the embarrassment."

Glaive laughs at himself.

"But well, the beard has grown on me since then, if you'll pardon the pun. And it's more trouble to keep at the normal length than I'm willing to deal with."

Glaive takes a large swig of his drink.

"So, where are you from Falcata? What brings a Pegasus like you out to a middle of nowhere mining town?"

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 08, 2012, 06:12:11 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:23:26 pm by Omicega »

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 08, 2012, 07:22:30 pm »

Jaxler gets out of bed. and looks out the window, he looks at the shadow of a tree in relation to the north and says to him self "damn its only 3 p.m." he gets out and picks up his ax and thinks to himself "another day of felling trees" he goes out and starts hacking them 1 by 1, another day of the mundane the only thing making him wish to keep on hacking is the fact that he overheard halberd and Partisan talking about new recruits and whom they would put in the militia, he heard his name come up and was convinced that he would be drafted, he knew he would be put in the squad and he knew that his plan could finally move forward, so he hacked and slashed as he calculated his next step, he knew it was his time, he was ready to move up the ranks of the military as he did before, and as the day was reaching an end his ax was many times duller then it was hours before.then he saw a small earth pony whom he had seen around the fort walk up to him, before jaxler to could say hello the pony ran up to him and told him he had been drafted, and he was to stop his eternity chopping trees, take the day off, and report for training the next day. Jaxler made a smile and he looked at the pony in the eyes, his dark red piercing eyes looking deeply into his soul and said with a dark voice, "oh... that's just perfect", the small earth pony looked at him wondering why he was glad to be drafted.
           Jaxler then retired to the tavern picked up some rum and gladly drank it, he then looked across the room and saw two ponies enjoying a drink together, he decides not to intervene, and continues to drink his 3rd barrel of rum. he then looks outside after downing the barrel and looks to the moon and says "good only 9 P.M." he looks across the the room and thinks about those in the room. he sees a militia alicorn, two other militia members sharing a drink, Virtue and her lover, another black Pegasus names Cleav or something, and a rather small child. he curses to himself disgusted by the alicorn, he then decided to drink his brains out in celebration of his military future (and to help him forget about the alicorn's presence in the room) jaxler then gets up to go grab a barrel of raspberry wine. when he came back the alicorn moved to his seat. jaxler looked across the room to the alicorn with his blood red eyes, and the alicorn said "I just heard you got drafted". Jaxler was pissed, he was only half buzzed and now his seat had been stolen from him, but most of all his shear hatred of alicorns fueled his rage. his deep red eyes looked deeply into those of the alicorn. he walks up to the alicorn with a bright happy smile he says "you know that's my seat right?". the alicorn says "is it really anypony's seat" Jaxler then patted her on the back made a smile and said "your right" and bucked the winged unicorn in the eye knocking her out, sat down at his seat, laughed and continued to drink his booze finally giving him the desired level of drunk.

((he really hates alicorns))
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 04:53:26 pm by jaxler »
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 08, 2012, 09:54:06 pm »

Jaxler bucked Stiletto (I assume that's who you're talking about, she's the only alicorn in the fort as far as I know)?  Probably not a good idea, she force choked a diamond dog then stabbed its brain out with her horn.  That and Halberd and Naginata are going to be quite ticked.  A bit of punishment is in store for Jaxler from the militia, methinks.  I'll see what I can think up, hehe (nothing injurious).

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 08, 2012, 10:07:55 pm »

Jaxler bucked Stiletto (I assume that's who you're talking about, she's the only alicorn in the fort as far as I know)?  Probably not a good idea, she force choked a diamond dog then stabbed its brain out with her horn.  That and Halberd and Naginata are going to be quite ticked.  A bit of punishment is in store for Jaxler from the militia, methinks.  I'll see what I can think up, hehe (nothing injurious).

he had the element of surprise... and he hates alicorns, alot. but pleas keep him in the militia
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 08, 2012, 10:11:13 pm »

Oh, no problem there, I'm just going to have to think of some creative way for his new superiors to show him that such behavior won't be tolerated. Gotta think about that a bit. :D
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 239