Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 212106 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - FULL - Setting Up...
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2014, 10:22:38 pm »

“Attention students,” The intercom rang out as the thirteen teenagers sat in their assigned seats “Today’s lunch will consist of roast beef, beef wellington, and mashed beef-tatoes.” The droning voice of the announcer Mr. Nerjin droned on for several moments highlighting this week’s sporting events, regulations involving NOT putting bubble gum in the water fountain, the impending doom guaranteed due to the meteor hurtling towards the planet, and, most importantly, that the annual fund-raiser would start within the week.

With several moments before class started the thirteen assembled students began talking as teenagers generally do. Well they would have if the Class President notquitethere had not spoken up first.

“So… Which of you guys summoned the meteor?” She asked glancing around to the other twelve students.

“Processing…” stated one of the others.

“What?”

“Error: Require Warmnumnum.exe”

“Too right my good looking friend,” The class flirt stated “I fear I may lose out on true love due to this meteor business.”

“Wait, how do we know one of us did it?” The class nerd asked.

“Well it would actually require three people to do so. It’s part of the dark tomes requirements.”

“So you did it?” notquitethere asked as she stared enviously at the new-comers hat. If only the President had such a elegant crown for herself.

“What? No, it’s written on the black-board.”

Indeed, the blackboard read as follows: Attention students, I will be several moments late due to various circumstances. By the way, the book Dark Rituals of Rock Summoning requires three people to summon meteors. –Signed Mr. Wub Badict

“Well… That’s dreadfully convenient isn’t it? So… What should we do until he shows up?” The Class President asked.

“Isn’t it obvious? We find out who did this-“ Stated a brooding kid dressed as an inquisitor because he doesn’t listen to your rules “and we bring them to justice.”

“Kill them!?” Everyone else asked at once.

“What? No! No, that’d be awful! We just… I dunno.”

“Well I guess we’ll vote on it,” The Class President stated before she paused “Oh wait, I make the decisions, we’re doing that.”

In case you can't read, notquitethere is your Class President, and who would ever elect a corrupt politician? so, she's totally Good.

So, you're probably asking yourself, "WTF IS AN ITEM?"

Well, it's a holdable item. And you have to give it away at the end of each Night, or I'll choose a target for you!

[Items] look like this, and have the description following it,
(Auto) followed by the action here.

Aaaaand, your gender and stuff are in your roles. If you're not told you're Evil, you're not Evil. Have fun. Ask away, foolish fools. I'm sure I forgot to explain something.

notquitethere is Confirmed Not Evil.

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf -
Caz -
Hapah -
HissihnWalnuts -
Leafsnail -
makeinu -
mastahcheese -
MyOwnWorstEnemy -
notquitethere -
RangerCado -
TheDarkStar -
Tiruin -
Toaster -

Not Voting - 4maskwolf, Caz, Hapah, HissihnWalnuts, Leafsnail, makeinu, mastahcheese, MyOwnWorstEnemy, notquitethere, RangerCado, TheDarkStar, Tiruin, Toaster,

7 To Hammer. Day Ends Tuesday 9 PM Central.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Selection
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2014, 10:29:16 pm »

NQT:  How will you leverage your confirmed townie status?

HissihnWalnuts:  How familiar are you with Mafia?  Have you read any games here?

Leafsnail:  How will you balance puzzle solving versus hunting scum?

Tiruin:  What would you do to someone you think is hunting scum too much to puzzle solve?

Makeinu:  What would you do to someone you think is puzzle solving too much to hunt scum?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2014, 10:52:01 pm »

Ah, dang. I'm so confused I don't know what to ask.

4maskwolf: You're the cop, or whatever the cop equivalent is that this game has, and someone is pressing down hard on you, convinced you're evil. What would you do?
makeinu: So you've narrowed down some of the people that are Not Evil, from some careful observation, and one of them is attacking you, what do you do?
MyOwnWorstEnemy: Someone who is pretty much generally agreed to be Not Evil is attacking you. You are also Not Evil, but haven't convinced anyone else of this very well. What do you do?
notquitethere: So you're confirmed Not Evil. If some strange circumstance occurred that would label you as Evil, what would you do?
RangerCado: You're Evil. Someone just Roleclaimed themselves as the cop or cop equivalent and claimed that you are Evil. What do you do?
Tiruin: You're the doctor/jail keeper or doctor/jail keeper equivalent. You protected a person in the night, but they got killed anyway. Now what?
Toaster: You're the cop or cop equivalent. You've just discovered that someone who is well trusted as a member of the Not Evil group is, in fact, Evil. What is your next move?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2014, 11:07:03 pm »

NQT: You have had the "honor" of being the one chosen as the confirmed good guy.  Do you believe that this puts you at risk, even in a non-standard game like this.

Makeinu: In the last game of BM, you were scum and lynched Day 1.  What would you have done differently, thinking back on it?

And Mastahcheese: Last time, my first game, I went into panic mode and claimed, causing my lynching due to skepticism.  I ended up achieving nothing, as the confirmed townie was NK'd that night.  Now, I know more, am slightly more experienced.  I would push hard on someone that I thought was acting suspicious, and try to force a slip-up to get the pressure off of me.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2014, 11:15:19 pm »

... Preview is your friend

Mastahcheese: you are the doctor and have two obvious choices: a confirmed townie or an unconfirmed but claimed cop.  Which one do you try to protect?

MOWE: You are being pushed hard by someone who you find to be highly suspicious.  However, you lack a good case against this person.  What do you do?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2014, 11:20:44 pm »

... Preview is your friend

Yes it is.

Mastahcheese:
Toaster: You're the cop or cop equivalent. You've just discovered that someone who is well trusted as a member of the Not Evil group is, in fact, Evil. What is your next move?

Claim them out.  This information needs to get out while I yet live.  Even if it's not trusted right away, then at least it should be regarded as such upon my flip.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2014, 11:37:31 pm »

I know all standard role types, but I dont know the factional name replacements.
Crack-a-lack-a

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2014, 12:01:28 am »

Wuba: Is NQT Confirmed Good or Confirmed Not Evil? Are all 3rd Parties Evil?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2014, 12:53:21 am »

I don't even this already.

Web: Do genders matter in this game?

Today’s lunch will consist of roast beef, beef wellington, and mashed beef-tatoes
...This is a feast. T_T
With several moments before class started the thirteen assembled students began talking as teenagers generally do
..Which is...how? I cannot relate. :P

Toaster
Tiruin:  What would you do to someone you think is hunting scum too much to puzzle solve?
...Timeframe? Because I'd be querying his priorities--as in, poke at what exactly he's saying and, well, my action would generally be subjective however I'd revolve around the same thing I do to everyone-scumhhunting or not; poke poke poke. Query on their intent/motive, and context.

I figure there's something behind why you asked me such a question, yes?

Master Cheddar
Tiruin: You're the doctor/jail keeper or doctor/jail keeper equivalent. You protected a person in the night, but they got killed anyway. Now what?
Let me put my response in rhetoric, behind the guise of two speakers.
Spoiler: What I will say (click to show/hide)
I can't give more of a definite poke unless...you give a time of day. :P
Why explicitly a doc/jailkeep?

Webbyweb: Are we all set with roles that are all sane? As in, none of the funny bastardy insane variants which report opposites instead?

4mask: What made you think NQT is a player?

Webadict:...Is NQT a player?

PFP

Caz: Could you describe how you'd treat bad play, and scummy play? Any distinction between the two?

H.Walnuts: I'm abbreviating your name because I can't spell Hissing. :I
Anyway, I...recall you from before. Somewhere. You seem somewhat new anyway-could you detail what you've learned from forum mafia and the BM's, in general?

MyOwnWorstEnemy: Hi! You.
Let me define a scenario: It is Day one and a player has committed quite a lot of mistakes-communication and logical flaws: what will you basically do in regard to that person's action?

TheDarkStar :D o/
Could you tell us what you've learned from forum mafia in general? How would you act when someone is voting you--what would you initially think, and how would you respond?

Toaster: Thoughts on the introductory verse? A bit too macabre, huh.
Also I'd like to ask: How will you treat counterclaims and claims as a general tell?

makeinu~ <3 How're you doing? Given the 'different' setup, what would be your basic priorities in the first place? There's always hunting scum, but do you think there is an underlying puzzle within the context?
Also, how would you treat a scummy looking person-and what tools will you use to do so (mafia context)?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2014, 12:56:29 am »

EBWOP
Kudos to Webadict for the flavor by the way. Not usual he does the flavor at all, if in long speeches. :)

I know all standard role types, but I dont know the factional name replacements.

Factional ehh?
..Look at your ability, then connect it to the role with the same-ish ability. That'll give a gist of it.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2014, 01:00:55 am »

EBWOP
Kudos to Webadict for the flavor by the way. Not usual he does the flavor at all, if in long speeches. :)

I was pretty surprised by it too, by the way. I literally applauded some of the things he'd sent me. You'll love the post-game wrap-up I'm sure.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2014, 01:03:51 am »

Wuba: Is NQT Confirmed Good or Confirmed Not Evil? Are all 3rd Parties Evil?
Yes. I don't know, I've never met a 3rd party.

Web: Do genders matter in this game?
Webbyweb: Are we all set with roles that are all sane? As in, none of the funny bastardy insane variants which report opposites instead?
Webadict:...Is NQT a player?
Things web hates: Multiple questions in different parts of the post.

1. Lots of things matter.
2. I would never lie 100% of the time to you, Tiruin.
3. Yes. He joined the game.

EBWOP
Nerjin wrote the flavor, though. I just came up with the concepts.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2014, 01:12:16 am »

Nerjin wrote the flavor, though. I just came up with the concepts.
..Oh. Dear.
No wonder NQT is there. xD That was awfully nice of you. :)

Web: To continue Hapah's thing..can you expound what is 'evil'? Terminology and all.

Things web hates: Multiple questions in different parts of the post.
:X oops.
1. Lots of things matter.
3. Yes. He joined the game.
...I.Uh..Really?
Web: Do we have your word that you (or Nerjin) will not lie at all to us regarding...anything? As in, neutral-voice-modding as always?

2. I would never lie 100% of the time to you, Tiruin.
You'd..never..fully lie to me? ._.
Ok reword.
..Wait, that makes sense. Ok got it.

NQT: "Mr President, sir, I've to ask-why did the teacher have time to write all that? What is holding him up?"

This is totally me trying to interact with the flavor if it can be interacted with. And NQT might actually reply to this making it 14 players!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2014, 01:15:53 am »

...Also you never mentioned hammers will be employed-
5: If a majority vote is reached, classroom discussions may end early.

...I like this new twist of wording. :I

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2014, 01:20:23 am »

Wait, edit that thing to NQT. I was basing my playerlist on that in the OP.
Meh, I'm leaving that question and adding this:
"Being totally not evil, could you explain if that is connected to...presidential powers, and can you tell how you were elected? I have a memory block. (Also, given the hammer-game, do you know if this is a kingmaker-type game?) ALSO, can you tell me how you're making the decisions, yet letting us decide for you?"

The OP should be updated. :I
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 112