Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 212336 times)

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Selection
« Reply #450 on: January 27, 2014, 07:36:43 pm »

Nerjin: Would you prefer we called it a rubber soul?

I prefer the term explosive bow.

*watches TDS miss the joke*

You've dated yourself, sonny. Now, geroff my lawn!
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: January 27, 2014, 07:38:23 pm »

Anyway, NQT, you're clearly contradicting yourself.  Earlier you were saying that you were absolutely confirmed town to everybody and that I was clearly scum for questioning that.  Now you're saying you aren't even completely sure that you are town.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 27, 2014, 07:42:52 pm »

Nerjin: Would you prefer we called it a rubber soul?

I prefer the term explosive bow.

*watches TDS miss the joke*

You've dated yourself, sonny. Now, geroff my lawn!

I'm pretty sure I've heard of what you've said before; I just can't remember where.

On-Topic: NQT seems scummy to me. He's not responding to questioning well; he gives vague answers where he should give definite ones (like role-related ones).
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 27, 2014, 07:46:57 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On-Topic: NQT seems scummy to me. He's not responding to questioning well; he gives vague answers where he should give definite ones (like role-related ones).

Also on-topic: you all do realize something fundamental is being overlooked, right? Namely, the game title?
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 27, 2014, 07:48:38 pm »

Leafsnail: It's possible, but the fact that you even said that hints that you do have one.  It is rare that one gives a reason for not answering when the answer is no.

The reason I ask is because I'm convinced that items have something to do with the game.  The fact that they were implemented suggests that they are either a red herring or an important part of the game, and you already gave your case about red herrings.

PPE:
Also on topic: What about the title, Makeinu?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 27, 2014, 07:51:06 pm »

Also on-topic: you all do realize something fundamental is being overlooked, right? Namely, the game title?

Do you mean the "love part" or the "End of the world" part?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 27, 2014, 07:55:19 pm »

Do you mean the "love part" or the "End of the world" part?

The game title is Smst W / Love. RaangerCado specifically mentioned love with regards to his role statement. I'll bet that's not the only reference.

Anything that's mentioned has significance.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 27, 2014, 08:37:34 pm »

Let me just skim the thought of 'flavor matters'. Try to announce what what happens to the one that is voted roleflips, and returns the next day.
Okay, just to humour you:

Ranger Cado is hereby stripped of all their magic and expelled from the school on account of conspiring to bring about a meteor and generally being Evil. (Sorry Ranger, it's not personal. Just because I think you're a bad guy doesn't mean I think you're a bad guy.)
*sigh*
I meant something NOT CONNECTED TO A CONVENTIONAL LYNCH.
I ask you to humor me by giving something more LENIENT than that-an inability to vote in the morrow, and perhaps something like 'I know what you did last night' ; roleflip but able to play tomorrow.
Seriously, you're just saying the conventional lynch right there. >_>
Nice dodge.
Much humor.
I'm Sad. :(

Everyone Else You probably have an implicit wincon. I think Leafsnail's probably right that my goal is to see off the scum. That seems to be either the meteor summoners or the evil students or both. Maybe that's your goal too? I think we should hedge our bets and get rid of Ranger Cado (though Darkstar might not be a bad idea as he's going to give one us his vote blocking item tonight).
If "be normal" is explicitly stated, then you might have it.
When i said I seriously doubt I have a wincon stated in exacts, I seriously doubt that I have a wincon stated. :I

I mean, it was written in a tone of 'You wish...' like 'You wish you were normal, but no. You're a darn mage.' in that sarcastic flailing voice.
And really. There is no goal stated, nothing done except me stating 'I have an ability.' Which...isn't even useful as an action and more of a passive type. :I

And in regard to that-I've no connection to anything 'Love' either! It doesn't state anything of my preferences, and judging by my role title-it gives a blank given that the role title is a profession in general. Or..y'know, nothing generally associated with 'love'.
Tiruin
Next: No you didn't mention her being rich at all beforehand.
Darkstar revealed that I'd won the election through bribery (for which one generally needs to be fairly wealthy). It's not a significant detail.
Well you became president by all your monies! :I I don't think that symbolizes good, do you?
(Partly jaded here because...well. Most of our darn government officials accused of graft and corruption were elected by spending TONS O' CASH in their campaign..and winning...and 'earning it back' through...obscure methods. PDAF? >_>)
And I couldn't find that in TDS' post, or really missed it.

Link, if you've got time?

Flavor poke. Note Theta
Mr. Badict talked about lilacs sometimes. Were there lilacs in his safe location?
>_> Mr. Badict seems like he has a same hideout in case of things like these.
I would LOVE to rant on stuffs like 'WHY ARE YOU PROHIBITING ME WITH A HALLPASS-THE WORLD'S SAFETY IS AT STAKE' but that'd just take up space. Anyway.
MEPH ANSTERAS THE ROBOT JANITOR!
This is silly and I love it.

..Yeah, doesn't look like flavor has a point in that post.

But
Note: Of the 13 players, only 2 tried to take the gun! But, that wouldn't work, anyway!
Interactive flavor. Seems like someone has a connection with the higher peeps here.
Hmm.
NQT seems shifty. :I

(Extend Used) Tiruin
Goddamnit did I forget the personal extension rules. >__>
Bleh.

4mask
And to whoever asked if I am third party: without knowing my wincon, I have no idea.  I was toying with the idea that everyone is third party.
I doubt that given..
*checks*
My role.

Leafysail
Am I actually voting for myself in addition to NQT?

leafsnail/TDS: How are you Evil?
I'm as evil as any other teenager.
Really? Then you're a creampuff of sanguine saccharine joy. Because that's how I was when I was a teenager.
Now I'm old.
Old.
I'd like some background detail there, classmate.

I don't want to divulge role information unless we're having a general massclaim, and I'm not convinced a massclaim will be a good idea at all.  webadict generally prepares scum countermeasures for day one massclaims.
...But you claimed evil. If we're to assume evil is scum, then woohoo, we have all 3! Problem:
Those 3 claimed evil. One of those claimed SUMMONAH!
Easiest way to fix: Lynch NQT. :I Unless-and my silly thought stated in this post has the scumwincon to get rid of NQT, as my silly guess.
It doesn't make much sense since I wasn't given a wincon, nor am I even sure if the lack of Ms. Class President does something but blargh. Flavor directly points to NQT having a say--and other than listen to what I've to propose-NQT goes off and just dictates the conventional lynch.

However, Leafsnail:
Does Anyone Actually Have A Wincon?
I don't, but I'm pretty sure you do. You were calling yourself a Confirmed Townie earlier, right? How can you say that if you don't know your wincon?
I can say that because that's what it says in my role PM. What it doesn't say is 'and you win when such and such a condition is met'.
"Townie" has a generally understood win condition attached to it, though: eliminate all scum.  In other words, you are the only player who knows their win condition.  That is insanely suspicious because it implies you have far more information than any of the rest of us, and "informed minority" is basically the definition of scum.

Incidentally, in Bellsounder the bastard scum (me) was the only player who knew their win condition.
Problems:
> Bellsounder was NOT a town-announced role (I know, I've been using that game as my bastard-book for all my games. :p Yeah you're my rolemodel.)
> Webadict announced NQT as 'good/Not Evil'. I would REALLY mark out the bastardness with that point; this is alleviated by certain subtleties:
     - We don't know our wincon. We must IMPLY our wincon.
     - Evil students claimed and I don't see anyone claiming Good - the only iteration of 'Good' is seen in the first flavor/game post; webadict's.
     - Ms. NQT says she gained power because MONEY. Problem in that is that only an Evil student knew of it.

TDS: I request you to divulge all information regarding NQT's rise to power.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 27, 2014, 08:42:39 pm »

Yeah, well, my role mentions thwarted trulove, and having to do something before the meteor hits.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 27, 2014, 08:45:29 pm »

Webadict: I look outside the classroom window. Do I see anything in the skies that pertain to heavenly doom? Like, meteor? Or any smoke trail?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 27, 2014, 08:46:49 pm »

Webadict: Is the current vote count up to date? If not, requesting vote count.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 27, 2014, 09:10:52 pm »

Toaster
Mastahcheese:
Toaster
I have nothing to say to you.
Then why did you address me?
To see if you'd respond. It worked amazingly well, I might add.

Well, the inquisitor is kill-happy, because he doesn't follow your frelling rules.
I'm not actually sure as to what "lynching" will do in this game.
I'd wager Dr. Nerjin's gun was not left here by accident.
...I had not thought of that.
You don't think a gun on the desk right there where we can get it is relevant?
I never said it wasn't relevant, I said, and I quote myself "...I had not thought of that." I underlined the important part of that. You'll notice it says "thought" which would imply, quite clearly, that it had not crossed my mind. If I thought it was irrelevant, I would have said that I found it irrelevant. It is quite relevant, obviously, but its relevance had yet to cross my mind at the time I wrote that.
That's quite a jump to conclusion you have made, there.

But now it's irrelevant, now that it's gone.

Ok, I know pretty much nothing of bastard games, so I'm going to put that bit aside for now as this seems to be overcomplicating things way too much for me right now.

What I can see:
1. Way too much arguments over good/not-evil/evil/mafia/not-mafia/town/third party/people who want to eat our livers.
2. Leafsnail trying to openly murder a confirmed townie.
3. Webadict being totally useless, actually, counter productive in terms of explaining the game.

Those are the biggest things I see going on right now, so I'm voting Leafsnail for openly attempting to murder a confirmed townie/not-evil/good/person who doesn't want to eat my liver.

You vote really starts to stink when you say you're not going to take the time to understand the case he's making.
If you'd be so kind as to read something of mine more recent, you'll find that I have taken the time to understand the case he made, and that I unvoted. I'm still getting used to this style of game and the whole "puzzle" concept that it has.

Leafsnail
Webadict: What percentage of teenagers are evil?
Everyone knows all teenagers are evil.
So, everyone claiming not evil other than webadict and Nerjin... what's up with you?  I guess this must be a 12/13 year old class?
Well, I thought I wasn't evil. My role doesn't say I am. In fact, it says I need to "hunt evil" which might mean that I win if evil is eliminated, but I can't say for sure for the rest of you.

notquitethere
Everyone Else You probably have an implicit wincon. I think Leafsnail's probably right that my goal is to see off the scum. That seems to be either the meteor summoners or the evil students or both. Maybe that's your goal too? I think we should hedge our bets and get rid of Ranger Cado (though Darkstar might not be a bad idea as he's going to give one us his vote blocking item tonight).
My role says I hunt evil, so I'm assuming my hidden wincon is to eliminate the evil players, whether this includes the meteor summoners or not, I don't know.

TheDarkStar
Who should I give my item to tonight? I don't see it as all that useful, even if I give it to someone on purpose.
Give it to someone who seems to have some sort of vote shenanigans, I say.

Ok, RangerCado, I really need you to answer me something.
Is the fact that you are evil your alignment?
Is the fact that you are a meteor summoner your alignment?
This is really important for me, I need to know whether these are alignments or roles.

Until I get that answer, I'm voting for Mastahcheese since my role tells me to hunt evil, and the teacher just said that all teenagers are evil, which must include myself, I can't fail in my duty.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 27, 2014, 09:13:49 pm »

... You could kill people first then your self for maximum evil killing.
Crack-a-lack-a

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 27, 2014, 09:14:09 pm »

Ye Gods, so many posts.

Caz:
Didn't see your post that you wouldn't be around, sorry about that!

It looks like a lot of the earlier parts of the thread have been invalidated by the more recent stuff, so forgive me if I don't comment on everything there (I did read it all, though!)

Quote from: Mak
So, alignment is a distraction, a red herring.
I'm wondering if there is/are some player(s) that have to do something with/to the Evil characters to win. If so, they're probably grinning ear-to-ear right now. Possibly some that deal with gender (i.e. The Flirt), maybe some that need an item or items...there's a lot to work with here if you were looking to make alternate goals for some portion of the players. What I'm saying is that just because Evil might not be meaningful to you, I'd be amazed if it wasn't relevant to someone (i.e. The Inquisitor). PPE: See also mastahcheese's post, he has to Hunt Evil.

Quote from: Toaster
Everyone:  Building on what Makeinu said above, if you see something that could be a wincon in your flavor, does it appear an item could solve it for you?  If you have an item, does its description imply someone else in particular might want it?
I've read my role PM three times over, and I can't pull any sort of goal out of it. I think it might be related to items, but if it is I won't know until I see it.

Quote from: LS
I don't want to divulge role information unless we're having a general massclaim, and I'm not convinced a massclaim will be a good idea at all.  webadict generally prepares scum countermeasures for day one massclaims.
Seconded.

Quote from: LS
So, everyone claiming not evil other than webadict and Nerjin... what's up with you?  I guess this must be a 12/13 year old class?
I'll look into that and get back to you.

Yeah, well, my role mentions thwarted trulove, and having to do something before the meteor hits.
Don't know what you have to do, or withholding what you need to do? Don't answer if you don't want to.

I'm starting to wonder if we're a mashup of unaligned parties whose only shared interest is getting some particular things done before we catch a meteor with our collective faces.

I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 27, 2014, 09:18:14 pm »

... You could kill people first then your self for maximum evil killing.
I could counter-argue that killing in and of itself is pretty evil, and so therefore the act of killing would make you the evil I have to hunt!
Dear god, I didn't even think of that!

..Hey, wait. It only says I hunt evil, not defeat it...
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 112