Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 212116 times)

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Selection
« Reply #750 on: January 30, 2014, 08:29:26 pm »

My attempt: Dr. Nerjin:Are pre-teens as evil as normal teenagers?

Dr. Nerjin is not in the room with the students and, therefor, cannot be questioned by them. Please direct questions to either the mods or other players.

Ok. Mods: Are pre-teens as evil as normal teenagers?

Seriously, this is supposed to be a school, and yet it's impossible to learn anything!

Not true. You've learned how unhelpful the teachers are!
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: January 30, 2014, 08:33:08 pm »

Ok. Mods: Are pre-teens as evil as normal teenagers?]

It's distinctly possible. We're teaching you how to learn. You don't do that if we just GIVE you the answers. Sure I could tell you that to win you must [REDACTED] and then [REDACTED] the [REDACTED] in my girlfriend's favorite pie tin, #[Redacted] and then boom! You win. BUT that would ruin the experience.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Slction
« Reply #752 on: January 30, 2014, 08:38:15 pm »

Toaster: most of the others have fluff-claimed, why do you continue to not do so?

Nerjin: Well then...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: January 30, 2014, 08:59:01 pm »

-snip-
I'm not actually happy the meteor exists. It seems I can't flavor-action it in.

Please don't ignore my query humans.
Everyone (except Nerjin/Web): So, notes on why Cado is better than LS/TDS again, please?

\
Tiruin:
My suspicion on you rises by 1d6.

This is an extremely vague statement.

Everyone (except Nerjin/Web): So, notes on why Cado is better than LS/TDS again, please?

Cado is evil AND a meteor summoner.  Testing two things at once!
>It's in the idea. I got more suspicious of him. :v

> BUT, what if the eithertwo flip meteor summoner then, huh? Even if not, then we can conclude a lot more than flipping a claimant-that, and we already have a claimant tomorrow if stuffs goes awry in the night given our variance.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 30, 2014, 09:47:54 pm »

4mask:
Toaster: most of the others have fluff-claimed, why do you continue to not do so?

Because a full fluff claim hasn't been called for.  I have no problem claiming if everyone does.  Why are you giving Hapah and Caz a pass and not me?

Tiruin:
> BUT, what if the eithertwo flip meteor summoner then, huh? Even if not, then we can conclude a lot more than flipping a claimant-that, and we already have a claimant tomorrow if stuffs goes awry in the night given our variance.

What if they do?  What if they don't?  That's not actually a reason either way.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: January 30, 2014, 09:52:24 pm »

It is, actually.

3 people claimed Evil. This denotes that 'hey, why would they claim if its all in truth? Pretty strange.'

What a Cado lynch says would bias against those who had the 'Evil' point in their PMs. "Evil; thus Meteor Summoner"

What either a TDS/LS lynch would confirm is 'Evil is a subjective point and some of the Non Evils lied' if they aren't summoners, and if they are...Well.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: January 30, 2014, 09:54:36 pm »

Can I take back my extend? If I can, I would like to.

Just to clear up all gender issues with me, in real life, I am 100% female. As a sandwich, however, I have no gender.

I am currently reading through what I missed the past couple days, but I can safely say, regretfully, I vote Cado. I think with him being evil and a summoner, we can learn the most from his lynching. I'm still not sure about this NQT vs. LS thing.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: January 30, 2014, 10:07:40 pm »

Just to clear up all gender issues with me, in real life, I am 100% female. As a sandwich, however, I have no gender.
OH, Now I get what other people implied by the sandwich.
>_>

Still, sorry about that MOWE. :X

I am currently reading through what I missed the past couple days, but I can safely say, regretfully, I vote Cado. I think with him being evil and a summoner, we can learn the most from his lynching. I'm still not sure about this NQT vs. LS thing.
It's in the strength of their arguments. NQT is or seems to be strange due to bastardry-of-game other than not, and LS' is fully pushing for his lynch.

Though..from 'evil' + 'summoner', I fairly doubt we'll learn anything else than 'Hey, Cado told the truth!'
Hence why I'm pushing for the alternative--mass-vote the other two!

Also unless we're sure NQT's role in flavor cannot dictate how the lynch goes, (which..somehow makes sense if we mass-voted her. And why the 'promises') All that she did announce was a peaceful end but an information++ end, which also is good for that case.
Though that does undermine the rudeness to my attentiveness. :I

So...thoughts?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: January 30, 2014, 10:22:20 pm »

Personally, I think lynching Cado will be more useful because any announcement from it will probably hint at which part was useful, if any. Also, if you lynched me, you'd also learn that "Hey, TheDarkStar told the truth!" too, which is not much different than what you'd get from Cado.

If neither is useful, then we'll know in one lynch instead of two.

Also, while there are reasons to lynch Cado that are based on the game, there are reasons to lynch NQT too. Cado is my first choice, since we'll learn a lot from his death, but NQT is just acting odd. NQT is suspicious for his "You better not lynch me or else you all lose (but go ahead and lynch me after today), but seriously, there's nothing to ask. Really." attitude that makes it questionable if he actually has anything to say or if he is just a variant of a jester who only wins if lynched on or after day 2.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 30, 2014, 10:28:07 pm »

Tiruin:
It is, actually.

3 people claimed Evil. This denotes that 'hey, why would they claim if its all in truth? Pretty strange.'

What a Cado lynch says would bias against those who had the 'Evil' point in their PMs. "Evil; thus Meteor Summoner"

What either a TDS/LS lynch would confirm is 'Evil is a subjective point and some of the Non Evils lied' if they aren't summoners, and if they are...Well.

We don't know what, if anything, flips on death.  Lynching Ranger has the advantage of testing multiple things.  If he flips Evil, great, that must be what we're after.  If he flips Meteor Summoner, ditto.  If he doesn't flip at all, I ask for a replacement.  (Not really, but I usually don't like no-flip games.)

Basically, what TDS said.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: January 30, 2014, 10:29:24 pm »

I object to the Cado vote!

The reason being is that (which Tiruin already bloody stated before, if anyone was listening) is that Cado claims to be both Evil and a Meteor Summoner.
So, what is gained by lynching them?
If they are telling the truth, we confirm that Cado was both Evil and a Meteor Summoner.
If Cado is lying (which makes no sense to me) then we find out something is not as Cado says, but this seems really unlikely.

If we lynch someone other than Cado, namely Leafsnail or DarkStar, then we'll see one of the following.
They turn out to be Evil and a Meteor Summoner. WOW! Now we know they are related, and not just for one person, now we have information!
Or, they turn out to be Evil but not a Meteor Summoner. Now we know that there is a second part of the puzzle, which wouldn't be gained by lynching Cado.
OR OR, they turn out to not even be evil, in which case we have bastards for mods.

So, WHAT I PROPOSE.
We lynch either Leafsnail or DarkStar, (don't really care which) and I will use my inspect ability on Cado, to see whether I can use it to root out meteor summoners, or just evil.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: January 30, 2014, 10:32:37 pm »

Personally, I think lynching Cado will be more useful because any announcement from it will probably hint at which part was useful, if any. Also, if you lynched me, you'd also learn that "Hey, TheDarkStar told the truth!" too, which is not much different than what you'd get from Cado.
If this was the case, I expected to see arguments from either you or LS about the Non Evils being meteor summoners--I saw none, other than 'Hey, NQT is suspicious!'. Which is why I'm doubting the obvious-truths in why lynching Cado, over a similar Evil-claimant, would merit more of a benefit.

I mean, wat. Why would a meteor summoner claim? >__> The implications are crazy unless:
> He has something to gain from it.
> He wants to help. (You can't just give up)
> Some ability he has, would work in that scenario. So far I can't see any.

NQT is suspicious for his "You better not lynch me or else you all lose (but go ahead and lynch me after today), but seriously, there's nothing to ask. Really." attitude that makes it questionable if he actually has anything to say or if he is just a variant of a jester who only wins if lynched on or after day 2.
It's far to inappropriate as a general setting to conclude that NQT is a jester. The game could've taken any which way, and him being a jester is just darn weird.
In other words: "We voted a clown for president" is also bad. :c

PPE: x2

Woo! Support!

Tiruin:
It is, actually.

We don't know what, if anything, flips on death.  Lynching Ranger has the advantage of testing multiple things.  If he flips Evil, great, that must be what we're after.  If he flips Meteor Summoner, ditto.  If he doesn't flip at all, I ask for a replacement.  (Not really, but I usually don't like no-flip games.)

Basically, what TDS said.
But it becomes a linear tie in. Consider why he claimed. Next, the 'we don't know' part is somewhat pulled up by flavor in page 5. That NQT has decision over the mass-vote. Which is, in the most rational way, why he's doing this promise-scheme.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: January 30, 2014, 10:45:01 pm »

Tiruin:

Clearly you are unfamiliar with American politics.

Why Ranger claimed.  I don't know- why did he claim?

Ranger:  Why did you claim?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - FULL - Setting Up...
« Reply #763 on: January 30, 2014, 10:47:40 pm »

The group was heatedly discussing their various theories as to whom was responsible for the meteor strike when the heard the door open. Fearing Dr. Nerjin again, and knowing his policy of always acknowledging his entrances, they turned towards the door only to see a young bespectacled female walk in: Vectoria.

“Sup bitches! I’m your new sub!” Vectoria announced as she sat on Mr. Badict’s desk causing it to bend inwards. Less due to the thin frame of Vectoria. More to do with the large tome that was sitting on her lap.

“Hello Vectoria.” NotQuiteThere said in annoyance. It wasn’t that Vectoria was a bad teacher but… She had a habit of simply reading fanfiction instead of teaching the students. Or worse… reading it aloud.

“Yeah, whatever princess. Anyway guess what I got today from Mr. Badict!”

“Are they dating?” One of the students asked.

“Ew. No. But once Mr. Badict was dating a pine-tree for six months without realizing it. Until it snuck into his room one night and tried to… ‘seal the deal’ eh?” Vectoria waggled her eyebrows at this. None of the students reacted.

“Well, needless to say,” she continued, “It was a sticky situation. But no! He got me this book full of stories! I’m gonna read you one about Robosaurus, Roar of the Celestial Bloom and Pterrordractyl!”

“Ugh…” The class groaned in unison. This couldn’t end well.

“I could get Dr. Nerjin back in here if you’d prefer…”

“No!” The class shouted in unison.

“No! Please, regale us with your tales!” Notquitethere pleaded.

“Well since you ask so nicely, shut up! All of you! Let’s get this party started!” She began to read.

Pterrordractyl flew high above the civilized continent with a malign grin upon his twisted features. Daily he would swoop upon the farmers stealing food, drink, houses, identities, intellectual property, and even children (who would be returned later with rather poor attitudes towards their elders). It was a good life for him. He spotted a man particularly beautiful pink haired bespectacled woman and swooped for the third time that day fully intent on devouring the hapless man babe.

“You are mine!” The dark shadow screeched as he approached.

“Oh no! A dark shape! If only a handsome Robosaurus, Roar of the Celestial Bloom, could save me!” The man pretty pinkette shrieked in terror.

Almost as if on cue Robosaurus, Roar of the Celestial Bloom plummeted from the sky playing five V-neck guitars, four bassoons, and beating Super Ghosts and Goblins with one hand. In his other hand he held his legendary Blazer! This laser sword made a constant “woooooooing” noise as Robosaurus, Roar of the Celestial Bloom landed.

“Oh! Robosaurus, Roar of the Celestial Bloom, you’re back!” Pterrordractyl shouted.

“Oh! I’m sweating in all the right ways now!” The sexy pinkette sighed contently.

“Yes, it is I, Robosaurus, Roar of the Celestial Bloom. I have been called by a grand technomancer to put an end to your... Why hello there.” Robosaurus, Roar of the Celestial Bloom took his attention away from Pterrordractyl and focused all his attention on the beautiful woman. “And just who are you?”

“My name is Ms. Vectoria.” The woman smiled.

“Well what are you doing after this?”

“Don’t ignore me!” Pterrordractyl shouted in anger.

“Very well. Let us finish this once and for all.”

“Let’s.”

The two titans stared at eachother for several moments. Suddenly Pterrodractyl charged Robosaurus, Roar of the Celestial Bloom and landed a savage blow. His second tore Robosaurus, Roar of the Celestial Bloom's throat wide open. His third and final blow eradicated him.

At least that was the plan. In reality merely attempting to harm Robosaurus, Roar of the Celestial Bloom caused Pterrordractyl to explode into deep dish pizzas for all the families he had hurt.

Robosaurus turned away from this and said to the pinkette “So babe, wanna go get a sandwich?”

“Mmm, I’ll have a sandwich with you any day.”

“How do you feel about subs?”

“I am a sub.” Vectoria moaned.

“Oh? A teacher?”

“That too.”

Robosaurus grinned “Well better behave, or you might get some… detention.”

"Oh my god!" interrupted the brat.

Vectoria slammed the book shut, screaming "No, your father never loved you!" before running out of the room.

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf -
Caz - Hapah,
Hapah -
HissihnWalnuts -
(Extend Used) Leafsnail - makeinu, Tiruin,
makeinu -
mastahcheese -
MyOwnWorstEnemy -
notquitethere - Leafsnail, Caz,
(Extend Used) RangerCado - Toaster, notquitethere, MyOwnWorstEnemy,
TheDarkStar -
(Extend Used) Tiruin -
Toaster -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - mastahcheese, RangerCado, HissihnWalnuts, TheDarkStar, 4maskwolf,

7 To Hammer. Day Ends Friday 9 PM Central.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: January 30, 2014, 10:48:30 pm »

Tiruin:
Clearly you are unfamiliar with American politics.
This made me laugh.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 112