Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 212114 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Smster W/ Love Day 5 - Robosaurus, Roar of the Celestial Bloom
« Reply #1605 on: April 03, 2014, 03:51:38 am »

I told you I was good!

Well, I'm glad everyone won, even it was essentially by the random number generator.

Seeing the planning behind this and all the thought out possibilities, I can see the game had greater depth than I'd previously thought. But with the players being absolutely in the dark as to what they should be doing made the game more frustrating than it needed to be.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: April 03, 2014, 04:03:32 am »

I...still don't understand why the scumteam claimed.

And even if they did claim--why lie about not being the meteor summoner? Honestly, I was bought by LS' statement that we don't know what exacts exist--I inferred that items had a string attached but pushed it aside. My primary drive was...

Why lie?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: April 03, 2014, 07:20:00 am »

I just thought the people I converted didn't know I did it, plus I wasn't sure it was my wincon, considering it wasn't shown.

You never said to convert anyone though...

But was there a standard Mafia game where "if town lynches all summoners they win" going on?  If the meteor wasn't dealt with, what would have happened?

Having the (current) wincon visible would have decreased player frustration.  What was the idea behind the almost lack of roleflips?

There was. That was the basic win for town. Scum had to kill all townies. The meteor would have hit when the Scum had killed all townies.

Well... THere were supposed to be NO role-flips but in the conversations with Web he asked me to end day because he couldn't. He didn't mention that so NQT flipped. The lesser role-flips was to help Scum not be totally fucked.

How come HissinWalnuts didn't die upon claiming vampire?

Because Web was still modding at the time as far as I knew. By the time I remembered it it was a few days later so I felt it would be unfair to go "OH hey, by the way, Walnuts. *BLAM BLAM BLAM*" for no apparent reason. I felt it would have been flow breaking so I avoided it.

(Night, Magic) Seduce [target]: You make the target fall in love with you. This only works on targets with the opposite gender.
But Cado targeted me? I was male here.
Why didn't I fall in love with her?
Why don't we know our wincon? (Yeah I get it can change per item and stuff like dat but still. LOTS of potential.)

Also how much exp was needed so I could achieve Level X?
Why? More on
{Hidden} If the White Wizard and Fire Wizard are both in play at the same time, both players sacrifice themselves in a respectful

You did fall in love. You were action blocked but you didn't take an action night 1 so it didn't matter. Plus only CHeese is converted by Cado and only in a specific circumstance.

As for hiding the wincons that was Web's idea. Like I've said before I was just enlisted to write flavor. I assumed he knew what he was doing. I figured it was a common thing because of the Great Temple being my only other BasMod experience.

You needed 6 EXP. I think it was mentioned later on in the document.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: April 03, 2014, 03:03:20 pm »

You did fall in love. You were action blocked but you didn't take an action night 1 so it didn't matter. Plus only CHeese is converted by Cado and only in a specific circumstance.

As for hiding the wincons that was Web's idea. Like I've said before I was just enlisted to write flavor. I assumed he knew what he was doing. I figured it was a common thing because of the Great Temple being my only other BasMod experience.

...I did take an action Night 1. o-o

As for hiding the wincons that was Web's idea. Like I've said before I was just enlisted to write flavor. I assumed he knew what he was doing.
Doesn't look like he did. Not that we'll know now because of him being stubborn on 'not coming back' due to his emotions when writing it at that one time.

Aww :(

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: April 03, 2014, 04:10:54 pm »

Happy ending. ^.^

I did my best to kill you all, but ultimately my plots came to nothing. Still, I enjoyed it. Now.

Nerjin, under the circumstances by which you had to take care of, I would like you to know you did an outstanding job. It wasn't ideal for anyone, but I hope you know that I at least appreciated the shear amount of effort you put into keeping this boat afloat. *thumbs up*.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: April 03, 2014, 04:11:34 pm »

Nerjin, under the circumstances by which you had to take care of, I would like you to know you did an outstanding job. It wasn't ideal for anyone, but I hope you know that I at least appreciated the shear amount of effort you put into keeping this boat afloat. *thumbs up*.
+1
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: April 03, 2014, 04:46:57 pm »

I...still don't understand why the scumteam claimed.

And even if they did claim--why lie about not being the meteor summoner? Honestly, I was bought by LS' statement that we don't know what exacts exist--I inferred that items had a string attached but pushed it aside. My primary drive was...

Why lie?

We were actually telling the truth. We didn't know if we were scum at first (considering our lack of a kill or convert), and Ranger/Birdy was the only one with a role PM that specifically said that they were a summoner. At first, we were actually worried about there being multiple scumteams with the summoners also being members of the other ones.

This was an interesting game to play; the story was also enjoyable to read. Good job Nerjin (and Webadict)!
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: April 03, 2014, 05:06:10 pm »

I redact being right in that sense. Sorry for that! :X

Mm, though I do quite see what is the confusing variable in this whole game--specificity and basis. We lack a wincon, so we lack a common goal. We lack connection to the inferred evil (at start: Meteor Summoner), so we can't see anything related to the puzzle.

The clues were the stories. They told of specific players, though at differing intervals, so the problem would be in how the players themselves actually found that out unless they associated themselves with the story (and really? I enjoyed the succubus one a lot. That was...gold.).

How would we know items took a greater priority in determining wincon? I mean, sure, they seemed more like changing variables in the game, but considering the hints about the items...they didn't seem like a game ender. :I

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: April 03, 2014, 05:08:50 pm »

Oh yeah, when I said that Nerjin just told me that my wincon had to do with scum, I kinda lied, because he also told me that I had a personal objective to get the disguise, but he said not to tell "the others" so I left that bit out.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: April 03, 2014, 05:10:02 pm »

We had a disguise? Did anyone claim that?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: April 03, 2014, 05:11:49 pm »

We had a disguise? Did anyone claim that?
If you read through the docs on the game, it wasn't at the start, it was going to be created after Caz created her two unique items and combined them.

Pretty obscure goal.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: April 03, 2014, 05:16:47 pm »

Though the puzzle makes sense..

Though the problem was in finding that path to find that sense :v

How did the Crafter guess she could MAEK something by holding two items at once?  :'(
Or on our stuff other than that.
Mmph. Must have had context clues perhaps.

I DEMAND THIS MECHANIC-BEHIND-THE-GAME-BE-RECYCLED. In all caps for formality.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: April 03, 2014, 07:44:10 pm »

Just as planned.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: April 03, 2014, 08:49:41 pm »

Just as planned.
Really? You planned out for my sword to get turned into the blazer, and wind up in Robosaurus' claws?
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: April 03, 2014, 08:58:26 pm »

Just as planned.
Really? You planned out for my sword to get turned into the blazer, and wind up in Robosaurus' claws?
Nope.  Because one of them was my unknown power and the other was random chance.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 112