Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1730 1731 [1732] 1733 1734 ... 2192

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2842482 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #25965 on: January 13, 2016, 02:37:11 am »

I finished Hikaru no Go. I have to say that while the show skims over alot, and I still only barely understand Go, I really respect the writing. I usually dislike child main characters, but these ones do a lot of growing throughout it's 70-odd episode run. Everything felt really earned and satisfactory at the very end because of it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #25966 on: January 13, 2016, 02:46:18 am »

IIRC Go is very simple... uh, rule-wise. It's a very hard game computationally. IIRC the best Go bots can't beat even mediocre Go players.

Like, off the top of my head, it's a stone-placing game where surrounding a set of enemy pieces captures that territory, then at the end of the game (don't remember exactly what the condition there is, all territory captured?) whoever has the most territory wins.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #25967 on: January 13, 2016, 04:05:46 am »

Life-sized Megumi Kato model for 2 million yen
Quote from: Reddit comments
2 million yen for something no one will even notice?!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #25968 on: January 13, 2016, 08:14:46 am »

Decided to stop getting my ass kick in my oiled Aztec gods watching the asterisk war and finish up watching the last part of 'Jojo bizarre Adventure' and ended up flexing manly tear out...
If you want to see the best anime of 2015 then watch this because I would recommend it to everyone that hasn't yet

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #25969 on: January 13, 2016, 04:07:06 pm »

For the $17k dollars that would cost I'm pretty sure you could get a US company to cast you a steel statue and paint it, and that would guarantee you got one (since they are only selecting 10 total buyers by lottery) and it could be of whoever you wanted (shipping costs would probably be cheaper too :P).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25970 on: January 13, 2016, 04:19:40 pm »

I googled around after seeing that, and there are other life-sized anime girls made with color 3D printers. So it could be done a lot cheaper.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25971 on: January 13, 2016, 04:23:01 pm »

I googled around after seeing that, and there are other life-sized anime girls made with color 3D printers. So it could be done a lot cheaper.
Note that the statues they are selling are made of painted steel; so they are probably a fair bit more durable than most 3D printed ones you see out there (3D printed metal does exist, but it's relatively expensive compared to other ways of making it). Though if all it's going to do is sit there then you could probably get away with a cheaper and less durable material :P.
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25972 on: January 13, 2016, 04:28:01 pm »

For the $17k dollars that would cost I'm pretty sure you could get a US company to cast you a steel statue and paint it, and that would guarantee you got one (since they are only selecting 10 total buyers by lottery) and it could be of whoever you wanted (shipping costs would probably be cheaper too :P).
Could it, though? I mean, for that much they'd probably do it anyway and then just lie/obfuscate it, but legally they might not be able to do a copywritten character without the right permissions.

The future is upon us.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #25973 on: January 13, 2016, 04:46:59 pm »

the "trump will make anime real" shitpost is obsolete, it appears
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #25974 on: January 14, 2016, 02:38:20 am »

My question is where these otaku will get the space to fit a life-sized statue of an anime girl into their mom's basement, especially since it's already full of potato chip wrappers, broken and crusty plastic figurines, Warhammer 40K miniatures, and seven proxies.

Also, I don't even know which show she's from but judging by looks alone she looks like worst girl and who would want worst girl staring at them with dead lifeless eyes for all eternity-

*looks at Asuka body pillow*

Nevermind
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #25975 on: January 14, 2016, 03:34:31 am »

Nah, they're targeting the rare subspecies of Rich Otaku, who have their own homes full of anime bullshit merchandise.

I'm just waiting for they day when Robot Gasai Yuno is announced.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25976 on: January 14, 2016, 03:56:31 am »

Could it, though? I mean, for that much they'd probably do it anyway and then just lie/obfuscate it, but legally they might not be able to do a copywritten character without the right permissions.
A lot of those "custom part" casting on demand companies don't really care what it is exactly that you are making, and in a fair number of cases a human doesn't even look at the part file. All they care about is the size of the piece, how many your company needs, and that you uploaded a properly formatted 3D part file. If you made your own 3D part file so you weren't stealing an official one, and you weren't trying to actively sell hundreds of statues to other fans for profit, then you land very nicely into that "fan art" location that companies are very, very loath to actually pursue do to the horrible stink it creates among their own fanbase.

It would still technically be illegal, of course, but it's the type of illegal that companies wave away as not worth the legal fees instead of bringing the hammer down on and that on-demand creation companies make a nice little side profit off of making 1's and 2's of. (Unless the statue you were making was of a WH40K character of course, then woe betide the one who dares to cross the over-enthusiastic Games Workshop legal team :P).

So legally doing something like that would is kinda like driving only 5 mph over the speed limit in a safe area; it's still illegal, but the cops aren't gonna pull you over for it (unless you get a really mean cop who has had a really bad day).

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25977 on: January 14, 2016, 11:02:12 am »

My question is where these otaku will get the space to fit a life-sized statue of an anime girl into their mom's basement, especially since it's already full of potato chip wrappers, broken and crusty plastic figurines, Warhammer 40K miniatures, and seven proxies.

Also, I don't even know which show she's from but judging by looks alone she looks like worst girl and who would want worst girl staring at them with dead lifeless eyes for all eternity-

*looks at Asuka body pillow*

Nevermind

Well, she's pretty popular in Japan, but I wonder why Saekano of all series gets to get a life size cast model of a character that pretty much amounts to Realfag getting dragged along with Otakon's whims. A realfag who can't seem to even emote.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25978 on: January 14, 2016, 11:37:02 am »

*Asuka body pillow*
Jokes for the joke throne!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 1730 1731 [1732] 1733 1734 ... 2192