Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651701 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans
« Reply #405 on: February 12, 2013, 08:01:01 pm »

You'd definitely have a solid mix of attack and defense types. Not sure how well their stats compete.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 12, 2013, 08:23:00 pm »

I tried running an Eeveelution team competitively. It's possible, but the moment I came up against a Garchomp my only check for it was oneshotted with iron tail.

Looking at Marriland's Team Builder:

Flareon+Umbreon+Leafeon+Glaceon+Vaporeon+Jolteon

As a whole, the team has a weakness to ground, fighting and fire, all common types, and resists Ice (Vaporeon, Flareon, Glaceon).

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 12, 2013, 08:58:05 pm »

Switching out Flareon for Espeon lowers the Fighting weakness and can help defeat the low Sp. Def ground types.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 12, 2013, 10:57:38 pm »

However it does open me up even more to bug types.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 13, 2013, 04:01:55 am »

True, but even Scizor rarely carries a bug move outside of Volt-Turn cores. (In which case it's generally U-Turn.)

Someone over on the Smogon discussion thread brought up a good point:

The Eeveelutions match up to their pre-gen-4 type colors, for the most part. Leafeon is more beige, but is still in the green color group and covered in leaves. The red and blue on the ribbons look a lot like the red and blue of the Dragon icon. Dragon is also the only pre-gen-4 Special type left to make an Eeveelution for. Also, if you look at the CoroCoro page, the name Ninfia (ニンフィア) is written in giant font in the exact color scheme of that icon.

That's not a bad point, I'd just think that it would look more ... dragon-y at first glance.
A tiny group of people say dragon because they're willing to completely ignore the pokemon's appearance and name because of their desire for pattern completion.
That is a downside to the theory, that it doesn't look very draconic. Well, a lot of the dragons don't. Behold!

Dragon seems to be a type that they slap onto a Pokemon to make it special. That makes sense, because Dragon is arguably the best type in the game, rivaling Steel. There is only one more special type to do, and they'd have to do a dragon eeveelution anyway if they were doing all the types. Most new eeveelutions show up in pairs. This one is alone, which makes it different. It would be very difficult to make Eevee look draconic, but this one does look remarkably different from the others in shape. I'm not saying it's guaranteed to be dragon type, but you can't really deny that it's a significant possibility. At least in the same order of likeliness as normal or flying.

As for the name, it's hard to say what Ninfia is supposed to represent. Eifie is the Japanese name of Espeon. At first glance, it doesn't look like much, but is apparently a pretty easy portmanteau of esupaa (esper) and fiiru (feel). Umbreon is called Blacky, and Flareon is called Booster. Until we get an English name, it's basically impossible to call.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 13, 2013, 04:38:13 am »

It looks like a normal type eevee to me. With the bows and colour it reminds me of Skitty or Chansy, so my guess will be it's an evolution of Eevee that occurs when it has a high cuteness rating.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 13, 2013, 04:57:15 am »

Regarding fiiru, that could explain the 'fia' part. nin I'm not so sure about.

If we're going with nin 人 as in person, there's any number of meanings:

Character, person, personality, adult, messenger, thing of talent

It's a long shot, but it could be 'messenger - feel', and messengers are 'normal' and fast moving. I'm putting it down that it has very good speed, because none of the Eeveelutions besides Jolteon have nice speed.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 14, 2013, 05:13:42 pm »

The new Eevee's localized name has been revealed as Sylveon which could be taken as evidence of the flying idea due to it's cues to the word Sylph, except there has also been a teaser video in which it is shown primarily using normal moves. Also it's fur is actually white, the cream color has turned out to be a trick of the light. So much fanart will have to be redone now :P
It's FEF, not FEOF

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 14, 2013, 05:17:46 pm »

I kind of wander why they have a DRAGON type, to be honest. Dratini doesn't look much like a dragon to me either. It seems to be a moniker applied seemingly at random.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 14, 2013, 05:19:16 pm »

Um well actually Dratini does have some elements of Eastern dragons. Just a tiny little baby one.
It's FEF, not FEOF

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 14, 2013, 05:31:59 pm »

Eh, I don't really like Ninfia, then again I don't really like any of the Eveelutions. It looks like a like Skyla though.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 14, 2013, 05:45:46 pm »

The new Eevee's localized name has been revealed as Sylveon which could be taken as evidence of the flying idea due to it's cues to the word Sylph, except there has also been a teaser video in which it is shown primarily using normal moves. Also it's fur is actually white, the cream color has turned out to be a trick of the light. So much fanart will have to be redone now :P

Other languages suggest that 'Ninf' was 'Nymph'. Which explains it's English name. Doh.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 14, 2013, 05:48:09 pm »

Um well actually Dratini does have some elements of Eastern dragons. Just a tiny little baby one.

I suppose it does, yes. WHERE'S MAH GIANT WHISKERS THO

Did Gen 2 eschew a dragon in favour of the beast that was Tyranitar?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 14, 2013, 09:23:10 pm »

« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 11:01:40 pm by penguinofhonor »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 15, 2013, 06:19:29 pm »

New Trailer for the Mystey Dungeon game coming out in America next month. Too bad the game doesn't have the complete set of mons :(
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 463