Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651871 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Poll added!
« Reply #2175 on: November 13, 2013, 11:34:47 pm »

Speaking of eggs, I currently have two in my party.
I generally have one or two pokemon who do all the heavy lifting anyway... the rest are generally just along for the ride, same as eggs. :P No idea when they're going to hatch. I'm assuming there's nothing special I need to do?

Walk around! That's all.

A pokemon with Flame Body or Magma Armor in your party will speed things up by about 50%.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: November 13, 2013, 11:38:44 pm »

A trick if you're impatient is to go to the central area of lumiose and stick a coin underneath the control stick so you just go in a circle forever.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: November 14, 2013, 12:11:57 am »

So, I'm trying Horde searching for shinies and I discovered that you find a Zangoose in hordes of Seviper. I thought the two Pokemon were mortal enemies? What's a Zangoose doing hanging around with them?

EDIT: Another thought: Would Pickup be more effective if you used a level 100 Zigzagoon with Surf on hordes?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 12:28:38 am by Knirisk »
Also often called Boowells.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: November 14, 2013, 12:20:07 am »

So, I'm trying Horde searching for shinies and I discovered that you find a Zangoose in hordes of Seviper. I thought the two Pokemon were mortal enemies? What's a Zangoose doing hanging around with them?

I dunno. Lots of opposed and aligned pokemon appear together in hordes - i've gotten four Tauros, one Miltank, and four minun, one plusle, and four nidoran males, one nidoran female.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: November 14, 2013, 12:20:48 am »

Wait a turn and you'll see. :P

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: November 14, 2013, 12:37:18 am »

Wait a turn and you'll see. :P

Huh. Super interesting. The other ones make sense, since they're pretty close species anyway.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: November 14, 2013, 02:18:24 am »

Go look for hordes of Trevenent then haha. That one is funnier.

Trevenent is another really powerful new pokemon though. A bit similar to Gourgeist but tankier.

Avalugg is one more than I think bears mentioning. For an ice type it is extremely hard to kill. Huge HP and defenses and access to recover. With ice body he can heal himself in hail too.

Lastly, someone used an amusing Goodra combo. With rain dance and hydration, Goodra could rest and awaken instantly for 100% complete regen. Rain dance also allows for 100% accurate thunder, but since it isn't a STAB it's not super threatening. Being able to rest constantly is pretty strong though but it'll still die to ice beam or Garchomp or the other common dragon counters. Not to mention when it stops raining you basically have three turns to kill it.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: November 14, 2013, 02:29:20 am »

Trevenent is another really powerful new pokemon though. A bit similar to Gourgeist but tankier.

Avalugg is one more than I think bears mentioning. For an ice type it is extremely hard to kill. Huge HP and defenses and access to recover. With ice body he can heal himself in hail too.

Lastly, someone used an amusing Goodra combo. With rain dance and hydration, Goodra could rest and awaken instantly for 100% complete regen. Rain dance also allows for 100% accurate thunder, but since it isn't a STAB it's not super threatening. Being able to rest constantly is pretty strong though but it'll still die to ice beam or Garchomp or the other common dragon counters. Not to mention when it stops raining you basically have three turns to kill it.

Avalugg is pretty good.
And yeah, Trevenant's well known for being able to 2HKO most of the psychic and ghosts that are overused or aren't invested in physical bulk. So, pretty much Bronzong would be able to stomach a hit from Phantom Force.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: November 14, 2013, 02:49:44 am »

Speaking of Avalugg, I am so drawn by its look and have been trying to breed one now. Also, does anyone have FS Absol or FS Charmeleon?

Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: November 14, 2013, 03:07:28 am »

Speaking of Rest combos, Trevenant has the Hidden Ability Harvest. With Sunny Day and a Lum Berry, he can pull off Rest constantly, too. Actually, if Enigma Berries become/are available in Gen 6, I see funny things happening.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: November 14, 2013, 03:18:02 am »

Yeah, that's the strategy that made me consider Trevenant to actually be good. Before that everyone was using him like a really crappy Gourgeist. Then I ran into one guy with sunny day + 100% harvest lum berry combo. Maanged to set up a substitute. He then used... I'm not sure what move it is. Might be curse. It cuts Trevenant's HP by 50% and inflicts a curse on your pokemon that does 1/4th HP damage per turn unless it switches out.

It had me freaking out.

I don't run any fighting types so I'm always afraid of Avalugg. Can't kill it. Blissey is another big problem I face for the same reason, but Blissey is very popular.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: November 14, 2013, 03:47:08 am »

Yeah, that's the strategy that made me consider Trevenant to actually be good. Before that everyone was using him like a really crappy Gourgeist. Then I ran into one guy with sunny day + 100% harvest lum berry combo. Maanged to set up a substitute. He then used... I'm not sure what move it is. Might be curse. It cuts Trevenant's HP by 50% and inflicts a curse on your pokemon that does 1/4th HP damage per turn unless it switches out.

It had me freaking out.

I don't run any fighting types so I'm always afraid of Avalugg. Can't kill it. Blissey is another big problem I face for the same reason, but Blissey is very popular.

Yeah, that's curse and that's super clever. I was thinking more along the lines of Toxic, but if Trevenant gets curse, then more power to it.

EDIT: How much damage does Talonflame take from Stealth Rock?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 03:56:33 am by Knirisk »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: November 14, 2013, 04:09:06 am »

Avalugg is sorely lacking in special defense.

EDIT: How much damage does Talonflame take from Stealth Rock?
Half its max health, rounded down.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: November 14, 2013, 05:21:44 am »

Yeah, it does 50% damage. If you want to run Talonflame or Charizard in a 6v6 team, a rapid spinner is mandatory. 3v3 it's not an issue since no one uses stealth rock given how few pokemon there are to activate them and there's no point to stealth rock if the enemy doesn't switch.

If you see any of the following, it's generally worth it to send your stealth rock user in first to screw over the enemy. If there's more than one it might even be worth it to suicide your stealth rock user just to make sure it gets off.

Flying bug, flying ice, flying electric, and flying fire

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: November 14, 2013, 05:26:59 am »

Yeah, it does 50% damage. If you want to run Talonflame or Charizard in a 6v6 team, a rapid spinner is mandatory. 3v3 it's not an issue since no one uses stealth rock given how few pokemon there are to activate them and there's no point to stealth rock if the enemy doesn't switch.

If you see any of the following, it's generally worth it to send your stealth rock user in first to screw over the enemy. If there's more than one it might even be worth it to suicide your stealth rock user just to make sure it gets off.

Flying bug, flying ice, flying electric, and flying fire

Electric is normal vs rock. It's weak to ground.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 463