Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651780 times)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Pokemon Go Release has Begun!
« Reply #4785 on: July 10, 2016, 11:05:13 pm »

So: Don't hang around PokeStops after dark. Gun-type mons are strong against everything.

http://gizmodo.com/armed-robbers-used-pokemon-go-to-find-9-victims-1783416898

That's actually a pretty good idea and obvious in retrospect. If nothing else, at least you know your targets have a phone worth stealing.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: July 11, 2016, 08:24:35 pm »

Over the last two days, Wolfeyez and I have walked an extra 3 miles due to Pokemon Go (not counting our lap of a park and a regional superstore, because I can't seem to maptools those.) I have pushed a stroller most of the time. Given that we're both overweight, I'm certainly not going to complain.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4787 on: July 11, 2016, 09:08:47 pm »

I did like 3km today, which wasn't terribly much for me, my job used to be delivering food via bicycle and I'd get 50+ miles in an evening.  Now I deliver on a scooter, which is a TON more profitable, but I've grown out of shape as well.  So 3km isn't bad for my first time walking in months.

My local university has a quad that's surrounded by named buildings and the entire quad is 'rustling grass' along with a gym + 3 stops just across the street.  I went around the quad a few times and then stopped at the gym to rest before the servers crashed.  I need to figure out how many loops around the quad would hatch a 2-5-10km egg...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: July 11, 2016, 11:58:23 pm »

So....I'm a bit too old to have played the original Pokemon games. At all.
My 9-year old daughter has been serving as my living Pokemon encyclopedia.
I downloaded this thing the other day after reading a news article about people tripping over shit and breaking their legs, just to see what the hubbub was.

Went out today and discovered that living in a town where every other house is a historical landmark is pretty sweet. It's like a PokeStop goldmine.

Also rather bizarre that just walking along the river trail and back (3km round-trip) my kids and I ran into 30+ other people playing. Mostly twentysomethings, but at least one other guy in his forties. We shot each other this guilty "Yeah, I know...we're both too old for this shit, right?" look.

On the other hand, I found an Oddish in the produce section of the local grocery store, and an Eevee that tracked exactly where a real-life cat was approaching. That's kinda spooky.

Still have no idea how you join a team, and people we encountered were asking what team I was in a manner that made me worry I've gotten into some kind of digital gang warfare thing. Like, if I give the wrong answer I'm going to get a cap in my ass.  :o

EDIT: Oh, and had a truly meta moment at a park, when someone used a lure module at one of the picnic shelters (a PokeStop). Within seconds, at least 10 different people in various spots around the park all stopped what they were doing and made a beeline for the shelter. So, umm...yeah. The lure works on humans too, apparently.  :P
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 12:04:04 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: July 12, 2016, 09:27:24 am »

Also rather bizarre that just walking along the river trail and back (3km round-trip) my kids and I ran into 30+ other people playing. Mostly twentysomethings, but at least one other guy in his forties. We shot each other this guilty "Yeah, I know...we're both too old for this shit, right?" look.
Relevant.

The youngest person I've seen playing this looked to be about 16 or so. Otherwise it's pretty firmly set in the 20-something/early thirties camp. It's a good thing I lost any sense of shame long, long ago =D

(Joining a team happens at a gym after you reach level 5. It's gang warfare via dog-fighting. So many life lessons!)
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4790 on: July 12, 2016, 11:41:29 am »

I was at a local historic park (4 stops) and an SUV pulled up, and basically flung open the doors and 3 kids jumped out, about aged 8-ish.  They ran around the park like mad while mom just kinda sat in the open van door watching.  There were a bunch of other people there since they'd lured everything, so like 20+ people aged 25+.  We mostly sat on the fallen arches (it's a historic park) and watched the kids run where they thought they physically saw a pokemon.

It was great, but at the same time I felt old because I wanted to say "You kids settle down I'm trying to play pokemon!"

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: July 12, 2016, 12:45:46 pm »

(Joining a team happens at a gym after you reach level 5. It's gang warfare via dog-fighting. So many life lessons!)
Michael Vick -- the original Pokemaster.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: July 12, 2016, 02:09:40 pm »

So, let's head back to Alola for the latest Corocoro leaks, of our newest two Pokemon.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 02:11:32 pm by Culise »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: July 12, 2016, 02:13:51 pm »

You guys all swooning over Pokemon Walking Assist.

This is me after seeing what it did to my Nintendo shares:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thanks bros!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: July 12, 2016, 02:17:21 pm »

I really wish I had some money to buy stocks...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: July 12, 2016, 02:20:45 pm »

My portfolio is basically just gaming companies haha. It's not a lot though, mostly just "play money" which is like 5% of my actual investment account. So if you have some spare money you don't know what to do with you could theoretically do it... just make sure your gains are enough to cover the trading fees...

I just buy shares in a company when I think they're going to release a big hit (it's so frigging obvious to people who like games, but not to the average investor) and cash out after the release. Seems to work. This one... was a bit amusing.

I'm not sure whether to cash out yet, but I'm probably going to put it in EA next because of Battlefield.

---------

Edit: On a more serious note, don't gamble your money unless you have nothing better to do with it.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: July 12, 2016, 04:08:45 pm »

So: Don't hang around PokeStops after dark. Gun-type mons are strong against everything.

http://gizmodo.com/armed-robbers-used-pokemon-go-to-find-9-victims-1783416898

Quote from: Best Comment
Isn’t this the point of the game? Go to real-life locations, find some pokemon or trainer, fight them, and the winner gets the loser’s pokemon and wallet? I mean, that’s how I’ve been playing. I nailed an 8 year old in the knee with a tire iron for a sweet Jigglypuff and some pogs.

Don’t bring a Squirtle to a gun fight
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: July 12, 2016, 06:21:24 pm »

So the US Holocaust Museum is asking visitors to please not play Pokemon Go on their premises.

Personally, I think this was a missed opportunity to teach kids about the history of oppression of the Pikajews.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4798 on: July 12, 2016, 06:32:35 pm »

My portfolio is basically just gaming companies haha. It's not a lot though, mostly just "play money" which is like 5% of my actual investment account. So if you have some spare money you don't know what to do with you could theoretically do it... just make sure your gains are enough to cover the trading fees...

I just buy shares in a company when I think they're going to release a big hit (it's so frigging obvious to people who like games, but not to the average investor) and cash out after the release. Seems to work. This one... was a bit amusing.

I'm not sure whether to cash out yet, but I'm probably going to put it in EA next because of Battlefield.

---------

Edit: On a more serious note, don't gamble your money unless you have nothing better to do with it.
It's mostly that at the moment I have no notable money.  In a few months, perhaps...

Also I'd hold any stocks in pokemon for a while.  They've still got to release trading, trainer fights, evolution stones, probably add some omni-candy...  They're talking about doing releases every 2 weeks, most being more bugfix-style but many adding content.  There's a huge initial pop, but I think there will also be slow gain too.  A lot of trainers are coasting on their level-up items, so they'll be actually buying items from shop soon enough.  I'm about to buy incubators myself, so yeah :P

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: July 12, 2016, 08:35:33 pm »

New Pokémon:
I absolutely love Mimikyu. I love it. Look at it! Those are its eyes on the tummy! It's like a spooky shy shroomish ghost!

I guess a canonically terrifying red panda that hugs people to death is okay too.
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 463