Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651198 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Pokemon Go Release has Begun!
« Reply #5025 on: July 20, 2016, 06:58:12 pm »

Coming back into it after like two years is pretty tough, things have changed so much.  What the fuck is a volcanion?  Where all the sceptiles at?

I occasionally go for less orthodox things but I don't really have enough experience with the game to go crazy and succeed. 
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 07:00:26 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5026 on: July 20, 2016, 06:59:36 pm »

Coming back into it after like two years is pretty tough, things have changed so much.  What the fuck is a volcanion?  Where all the sceptiles at?
Volcanion is another one in the line of OP legendaries. It's water / fire (!!!!) with water absorb (WHAT THE FUCK GAMEFREAK).

It's almost invincible, tanky as balls, and has STABs that will burn your brain into the ground at how powerful they are.

---

Sceptile is meh. Even M-Sceptile is pretty meh. In fact, I sometimes think it's worse but it does okay in multi battles.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5027 on: July 20, 2016, 07:07:59 pm »

It was pretty popular in OU when people first started using it and I ran with it for a while.  Nice wallbreaker but grass is :T  It was funny when everybody brought out Contrary Serperior and found out even with contrary leaf storm doesn't do anything.

But yeah, steam eruption

Sometimes normal stuff can be just as fun.  My weavile has poison jab, which has gotten a few keks. 

And I named my Magnzeone JERRY HELLO, cause you bring out your ferrothorn and all the sudden JERRY.  HELLO.

Oh, I also used to use Rotom-H, Pelipper, and whatever the bulletproof grass starter was called, as my defensive core.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 07:16:39 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5028 on: July 20, 2016, 07:08:40 pm »

Any particular reason why I should start playing these again, or should I just stick with the memories of the first 3?
Because you feel like it?
Thats mostly why i play newer pokemons.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5029 on: July 20, 2016, 07:18:04 pm »

You could always replay the first 3? I mean, I still play Emerald from time to time.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5030 on: July 20, 2016, 07:18:55 pm »

I haven't played these games since... Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, which I think is gen 3? That sounds right, but I really don't know.

Wait, no, I tried to play the next one too... maybe. I don't even remember what it was called, but I remember something about underground bases and mining. That's about it.

Any particular reason why I should start playing these again, or should I just stick with the memories of the first 3?
Yes, RSE is 3rd gen. Sounds that you played 4th gen (Diamond, Pearl or Platinum) up until the second or third gym.

So anyway, in terms of new games: for starters there's remakes of Gen 3 that add lots of fun things including but not limited to like three hundred more Pokémon since last time and 3D graphics. But I'd wait until S&M since it's coming out in five months or so with new stuff like Hyper Training, the yet-again-expanded Pokédex, and taking your hat off. There's also a pretty entertaining competitive battling scene if you're into number-crunching and strategizing (again, I'd wait for 7th gen because of the aforementioned Hyper Training, which will make competitive battling much less frustrating to get into.)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5031 on: July 20, 2016, 07:25:29 pm »

Don't give games to people who lose things easily. They will lose all of them and then complain they are bored and have nothing to do.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5032 on: July 20, 2016, 07:28:59 pm »

You could always replay the first 3? I mean, I still play Emerald from time to time.

I'd love to, but my older brother lost every single cartridge that we had when on vacation years ago. Gen 1, Gen 2, and Gen 3. All of 'em.

I think we had... red, blue, yellow, silver, gold, crystal, two ruby, sapphire, 3 emerald... all gone.

Emulators.
Shoes...

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
It's FEF, not FEOF

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5034 on: July 20, 2016, 11:10:48 pm »

I haven't played these games since gold, which was apparently gen2.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5035 on: July 22, 2016, 02:16:47 pm »

And I think we all know than in Pokemon, you win when you get outplayed or luck fucks you. Difficult to outplay if everyone knows what you're going to do.

I'm slowly relearning this important fact.  Not brave enough to go for the really off the wall shit yet but even stuff like Nidoking and Mega-Absol can pull cheeky wins off people who've never seen one before.  Nidoking is basically mini greninja and can get so many surprise kills off of predicted switch-ins with his almost universal super-effective coverage.  And obviously the magic bounce on mega-absol fucks people over if they're not ready to deal with it. 

Even the little stuff.  Give weavile poison jab instead of low kick.  It's one thing I really like about the game, how the gameplay makes things interlock.  Lots of maneuvering, chip damage, trying to outguess the opponent, then you get the upper hand and everything comes together.

I've started to move away from my beedrill team since it has no setup sweepers.  It's pretty consistent but the game really thrives on sharpness, in the chess sense of the word.  The classic "I just sent out Latios and I bet he's gonna switch to clefable, so I'll switch bisharp.  If I'm right the game's over, if I'm wrong it's still probably over." 

Balls of steel gameplay.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 03:39:02 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5036 on: July 22, 2016, 05:55:18 pm »

New PokeGo cheat tool lets you see mons in your area, and their remaining time 'til despawn: https://pokevision.com/

It only lets you scan once every 30 seconds, and the radius seems to be only a little over a block, but it's enough to confirm that I live in a pigeon-, rat- and weevil-infested wasteland. Use it now, because I'm sure Niantic will be blocking the crap out of it as soon as they can.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5037 on: July 22, 2016, 06:17:02 pm »

New PokeGo cheat tool lets you see mons in your area, and their remaining time 'til despawn: https://pokevision.com/

It only lets you scan once every 30 seconds, and the radius seems to be only a little over a block, but it's enough to confirm that I live in a pigeon-, rat- and weevil-infested wasteland. Use it now, because I'm sure Niantic will be blocking the crap out of it as soon as they can.

oh, the radius is much, much bigger than a block.

don't be so sure that it'll be blocked. perhaps if it turns out to have detrimental effects on the server. similar tools were officially maintained for ingress. of course, a third-party site like this is against the TOS, so if they want to get rid of it, they can.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5038 on: July 22, 2016, 07:52:02 pm »

All it did was make me not want to play anymore cause I know with certainty how much of a waste it would be to go out at any given time.
Shoes...

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5039 on: July 23, 2016, 06:56:17 pm »

You must save your money like your lucky eggs and begin pokexpeditions! pokexcursions? pokexplorations!?

You need to go further. Or find a three-stop park next to some water to farm some magikarps and crank out gyaradosii for trading once it comes out.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 463