Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 161479 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #1545 on: October 20, 2017, 03:09:15 pm »

*grumble*  I rolled Cultist skin.

I got non-event sprays and player icons
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch
« Reply #1546 on: October 21, 2017, 08:36:53 pm »

You can make custom games for Junkenstein's Revenge.

I like to do Torbjorn Tower Defense. 6 Torbs vs Legendary Endless.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: October 22, 2017, 04:47:59 pm »

As Reinhardt getting bubbled by Zarya, while I'm already holding shield up.  My reaction time is not fast enough to make any use of that bubble.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: October 23, 2017, 05:46:37 am »

As Reinhardt getting bubbled by Zarya, while I'm already holding shield up.  My reaction time is not fast enough to make any use of that bubble.

The bubble extends slightly beyond your shield so the Zarya probably still got charge from it and your team is better off with your shield up anyway. Don't worry. In my case, I tend to accidentally bubble Rein when trying to protect someone in front of his shield, so the Zarya might not even expect you to do anything.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 05:49:11 am by EvilTwin »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: October 23, 2017, 02:04:59 pm »

Huh, when you about to win the 2nd round after the first, but 1 person leaves and everything completely falls apart the rest of the time.
Then, another game, somehow your team barely gains 3 points, but one of the enemy ragequits.  You know your team was doing pretty damned bad and they know we were horribad.  But we just somehow stumbled through.  Next round, we are basically getting rolled in a 5v6, but another leaves as soon as their timer passed 2 minutes, becoming a 4v6.  We died a lot more then we were killing, somehow only barely manage to shut them out with 0 points.

It is kinda weird, how a team just... clicks and then they start rolling and can't be stopped.   It happens a heck of a lot, both ways. 
There are times where I can't do anything but hold up my shields(or melt[and melt anyways]) and other times, I have the room to go in swinging like a madman.
On another note, I've dropped into the 1300s copper and then somehow raised back up to 1500s silver.  I was really expecting to lose more then I won, staying down in copper.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: November 04, 2017, 07:22:41 pm »

A new hero was announced, Moira. Talon support with Sym's primary as her damage source, Mei's primary as her heal source, and kamehameha that both deals damage and heals as her ult. Can fire bouncing heal and damage orbs and has a short range near-instant teleport.

I'm curious if you'll be able to solo heal with her. She has a lot of healing potential, but her primary heal has a resource meter like Bastion's; she can't heal forever. After that she can only ult or use her 10s cooldown heal orb to help her team. She also has a lot of offensive potential that can't be put to much use if you're trying to heal your allies. I think she'll be a mostly offensive hero that can bring clutch heals to people about to die or at the start of a teamfight - she'd pair well with Lucio, but I'm not sure if you'd want to give up her damage to solo heal a la Mercy.

After seeing some gameplay, I have to feel bad for Genji players; she's as direct a counter to Genji as you could possibly hope for. Not only can she autoaim you like Sym, but she also can teleport onto you if you try to dash away. Did I mention her weapon also heals her as it damages you? I wouldn't go near her without dragonblade, and even then I wouldn't do it in an enclosed space. On the other side of the spectrum, Pharah mains can rejoice - this is yet another hero that can't do a thing to you. It feels like every patch contains an indirect Pharah buff, now.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 07:28:39 pm by Rex_Nex »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: November 04, 2017, 08:57:49 pm »

Yay, an evil hero finally. Now it's possible to have a fight that actually semi-makes sense in the lore where the "bad guys" don't just get fucked because there are no evil medics in the world.
yes this is more important than game balance

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: November 04, 2017, 09:58:14 pm »

There's a new hero, new map announced, more skins shown, the world cup, and a new cinematic.

These past couple of days have been pretty big for OW

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: November 05, 2017, 03:17:17 pm »

Say what you want about overwatch's loot box system being toxic, and making other developers realize they can get away with it, but goddamn if they don't know how to make a good short.

New Reinhardt 2 hammer ult when?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: November 05, 2017, 07:29:32 pm »

Say what you want about overwatch's loot box system being toxic, and making other developers realize they can get away with it, but goddamn if they don't know how to make a good short.

New Reinhardt 2 hammer ult when?

The first half of the short perfectly portrays how I play Rectangle Reinhardt.  I'm going around hammering shit, meanwhile the rest of my team is alone and probably dying.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: November 05, 2017, 07:33:36 pm »

The whole time watching I was wondering if they were secretly taking a jab at the playerbase, which is a good idea in my opinion. As a berserker rein, I was able to laugh at myself.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: November 06, 2017, 01:03:50 am »

Chargehardt is the most fun, so no way I can blame anyone for that.

For Glory!  And maybe some honor along the way.

EDIT: They've definitely got "The Barrier is Failing" right.  Cause Bastion.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 01:07:47 am by Zangi »

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: November 06, 2017, 06:09:39 pm »

Moira just dropped on the PTR. I haven't been able to queue into a quickplay game to see how she fairs, but I think her character design is alright, just her voice seems... off to me. Might grow to like it though.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: November 06, 2017, 09:43:31 pm »

I've been playing Rein a lot more after the animated short. I'm a poser. But damn, that new skin will look awesome (his armor from the short).

Overwatch stresses me the hell out though.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: November 07, 2017, 12:48:12 am »

It's been a good two or three weeks since I've played. I play comp almost exclusively, but the levels of toxicity have reached almost too high for me to deal with. I'm almost exclusively Lucio  (attack or capture) or Zen (Defending or Pharmercy countering), but the three dps I seem to always get demand I be a character I've got six minutes playing. If I switch to mercy it's my fault when the team is losing, and if I don't then it's still my fault.

I just wish people could understand that it's possible for a Lucio to solo heal, especially against a team who isn't focus firing.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 107