Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 162527 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #1530 on: September 28, 2017, 06:27:31 pm »

Two of the animated shorts featured abilities that had changed prior to release.  You can see Reaper's Death Blossom featuring some kind of tiny explosives in the reveal trailer, and in "Alive" you can see Tracer's Pulse Bomb operating more like a ME1 frisby grenade rather than the Halo plasma grenade it is now.  I think most of the other stuff (doomfist throwing cars, Genji having some kind of vanish ability and deflecting Dragonstrike after the arrow exploded) can be chalked up to creative liberties.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: September 28, 2017, 07:08:41 pm »

How many people tied to deflect a dragon thing after seeing that?
Where do I see this stuff anyways?

Exam put me at 1900-ish, then it is basically free fall to 1600-ish.  No sign of of the bottom yet.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: September 28, 2017, 07:50:02 pm »

How many people tied to deflect a dragon thing after seeing that?
Where do I see this stuff anyways?

Exam put me at 1900-ish, then it is basically free fall to 1600-ish.  No sign of of the bottom yet.

it's fine, you'll get to a point where you are matched against equally skilled players soon, after that it's pretty much up and down with a slight upwards trend as your skill grows :)

EDIT: and you can actually deflect Hanzo's ultimate, he shoots an arrow that turns into the dragon after travelling a short distance, allowing Genji to deflect it while it's still an arrow (and D.Va can eat it too, with her defense matrix)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 07:53:06 pm by EvilTwin »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: September 28, 2017, 07:57:45 pm »

But in the movie cyberninjabro deflects it while it's a dragon.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: September 28, 2017, 08:46:19 pm »

Cutscenes Power, man.
Black lives matter.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: September 28, 2017, 09:25:18 pm »

They should totally make a new comic featuring dva shooting missiles to justify why the new action figure can. :P

The engineers realized D.va's goliath mech from starcraft was missing the anti-air missiles.  Couldn't have that.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: September 29, 2017, 11:05:51 am »

Hmm... I managed to go up, mostly cause I got 'lucky' and was crewed with decent teamplayers, but dropped back down to the 1500s... 
Apparently players still know how to focus on certain characters like fly-on-honey and can still usually aim better/faster then me.  Is silver supposed to be low skill/teamwork level or is it the average skill level of the majority of players?  Do I gotta drop into bronze for the kiddie pool?

Though, I cheated at the end there and played with Reinhardt.  Reapers really love to focus on the big guy... and I also learned that Roadhogs can interrupt my suicide charges, which is disappointing from my perspective.  No glory for the old guy.
Actually, my suicide charges usually don't work anyways, cause I'm already getting pounded by 2-4 shooters when I do press that button.

EDIT: On another note, it is really easy to have a better then 1:1 'elimination'/death ratio.  Since kill statistics are shared and not based on final blow like other FPS I've played.  It is a nice touch.
I've probably tanked that statistic with Reinhardt.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 11:15:59 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: September 29, 2017, 01:23:31 pm »

Hmm... I managed to go up, mostly cause I got 'lucky' and was crewed with decent teamplayers, but dropped back down to the 1500s... 
Apparently players still know how to focus on certain characters like fly-on-honey and can still usually aim better/faster then me.  Is silver supposed to be low skill/teamwork level or is it the average skill level of the majority of players?  Do I gotta drop into bronze for the kiddie pool?

Though, I cheated at the end there and played with Reinhardt.  Reapers really love to focus on the big guy... and I also learned that Roadhogs can interrupt my suicide charges, which is disappointing from my perspective.  No glory for the old guy.
Actually, my suicide charges usually don't work anyways, cause I'm already getting pounded by 2-4 shooters when I do press that button.

EDIT: On another note, it is really easy to have a better then 1:1 'elimination'/death ratio.  Since kill statistics are shared and not based on final blow like other FPS I've played.  It is a nice touch.
I've probably tanked that statistic with Reinhardt.

Here are some statistics from earlier this year they posted on their forums, so you can see where you are at. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753625906

Shift is pretty much suicide on Rein, you should just unbind it :D seriously though, don't use it except if you know you are gonna get someone and will end up in a safe place (e.g. not the middle of the enemy team), or after using earthshatter or something like that. it's also really useful for getting out of spawn quickly.
In general, even if your mechanical skill is low you can make up for it by having good communication with your team (tell them stuff like "genji is low" or "widow on right highground", herd them back to the team when they're too far out i.e. overextending). Those Top 500 Mercy mains did not get there by pressing leftclick harder than every one else :D

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: September 29, 2017, 01:51:26 pm »

You don't need aim to be Rein or to fight Rein.  Its all about positioning and teamwork.  The enemy team wants to mass fire on your barrier, you want your team to go behind your barrier with long range DPS like 76.  There are people in silver with godlike aim and no game sense.

Shield discipline makes and breaks Rein players.  Fireblast is a trap to make you drop the barrier; experienced players will kill your allies or stun you in the brief second the barrier is down.  This goes triple if you think the enemy Rein has ult.  NEVER drop the barrier if you think Earthshatter is coming, period.  If you're dropping the barrier to reposition or its about to break, give your allies a couple seconds warning over voice.

My rule of thumb with Rein is only go in when you've used all your shit AND your allies are already fighting at close range.  The idea is that once you have no barrier or ult, the last way to tank is forcing the enemy to kill you first.  This is just a rule of thumb tho, if a player walks too close to you and there's no major threats around feel free to start swinging.  With every month that passes players get better at dodging charge and kiting the hammer, so.  Rein's offense is no longer something to be relied upon.

Oh also your allied DPS is going to suck and not work with you.  This is just the cross that a Rein player in silver has to bear.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: September 29, 2017, 02:59:41 pm »

Yea, I'm gonna screw around a bit as solo flanker Reinhardt for a bit, till I decide I want a change of scenery or someone else takes him before me. 
Probably get screwed 1v1 by other flankers though.

EDIT: ... Down to 1400s.  Bronze.  I'm having much better luck with not getting ganked from the back, so havn't really had any incentive to screw off on my own.

On another note, fun times squishing people between myself and wall.  Or going over cliffs.   It is a lot more fun at this trash tier.  I can charge into Mercy and bully other Reinhardt.  As long as my hard counters are not focusing on me, which is less often.

EDIT2:  When you da big guy behind enemy frontlines.  Everyone who notices it can't help but turn around.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 01:56:33 pm by Zangi »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: October 03, 2017, 12:06:45 pm »

Well, an update: Apparently I am now hovering around the 1600s.
I'm probably looking to mainly balance total competition playtime between "Respect Your Elders" Reinhardt and Mercy.  With sub times for "Aloha Snackbar" Dva.
Maybe Symmetra for particular defense maps(apparently her ranged shot can go through shields).  I think I'd like to do more Tracer or Zarya in competition.  Though, Tracer is probably way too twitchy and aim reliant for me, despite the limited success I had with her.

I don't think a lot of people down at my level know that Mercy's rez cooldown is 30 seconds.  It isn't like they can see that particular cooldown anyways, so screw em.
I once got knocked off the map by a Lucio while a Mercy was healing me.  The Mercy complained about me deliberately jumping to my doom the rest of the match.

(Even though I have a mic, I don't use it.)

Much easier to survive as a Mercy when everyone is spreadout, but also within line of sight of me.  Not so much when there are many obstacles.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: October 19, 2017, 09:43:45 am »

I'm currently addicted to FFA deathmatch games, it's my favorite brawl they've added to the game by far!

The weird thing is that I almost exclusively play Mercy in FFA. She's legitimately decent, I've won a fair few games. Small hitbox and constantly regenerating health means you'll get a lot of "wow that broken hitbox" complaints if you're smart with your wasd. Soldier/McCree/Hanzo/Genji are actually pretty easy fights, but Dva/Reaper/Mei/Pharah/Doomfist are much more difficult. Her new ult is incredibly powerful (unless someone is lucky or has extremely good aim, you'll be invulnerable for 20 seconds) but she gains it so slow that it doesn't make a huge difference overall. Still, there's something extremely funny about Mercy coming out on top against 7 DPS players.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 09:50:26 am by Rex_Nex »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: October 19, 2017, 10:03:37 am »

Battle Mercy is pretty decent in FFA. 
And yes, them Reapers are close range powerhouses against just about anyone.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: October 19, 2017, 10:14:41 am »

I mostly play McCree or Widow because aiming=damage

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: October 20, 2017, 02:45:46 pm »

*grumble*  I rolled Cultist skin. 
His voicelines are not working on PS4.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 107