Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Roll to Shonen: That is Not Dead Which can Eternal Lie  (Read 9131 times)

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Shonen:Sign-ups 5/5: Turn postponed indefinately
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2012, 08:20:49 pm »

your waitlister checks in aswell XD

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2012, 09:59:32 pm »

Mmkay, I am once again going to ressurect this thread. I'm sorry for the super-delay, but I had some computer issues. I just bought a new desktop, so I'll have Microsoft Word and the turn files back as soon as the RAM is mailed, so I was wondering how many of you folks are still interested in this game.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2012, 10:02:00 pm »

I'm still up for it.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2012, 10:05:09 pm »

Sure.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2012, 10:10:57 pm »

Still here.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2012, 10:12:52 pm »

I exist and am still here.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2012, 10:13:38 pm »

Now we just need tiruin and skyrunner and we're set.

I just figured out how that Tiruin is not Tiriun. I've been pronouncin ya all wrong mate.

well fuck me with a ninja.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2012, 12:49:28 am »

I have arrived.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Shonen: That is Not Dead Which can Eternal Lie
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2012, 05:52:47 pm »

Turn one: I hope you all are still interested.

Reserved.

Well, poke me about the skills if they need balancing.
Spoiler: Ok, Finished (click to show/hide)
Alexei Vasiliv:
You walk down the street just outside of the mall of a small town. You turn to look at the decadence of the place. It is a two-story building lined with windows and made of some stone. People of all sorts wander in and out of it each within their separate groups. Before entering the building, you pause to recall your orders.

“Alexei. You are to find an empty property which you can purchase and create a cover business for our operations.”

Reaffirmed of your puropse, you begin pushing your way past the crowds to step inside. Within, it is  equally garish, the floor made of brightly colored tiles, with what looks like brass defining the paths.

You wander through the mall, noticing that it seems to be somewhat wealthy, with most of the properties hosting stores or offices, but on the west side of the mall, there was considerably less traffic. That was where you would find the emptier properties, of course, so you head down to the west side, eventually picking a property with wood paneling and tile flooring.

The properties owner had posted their phone number on a sign out front, so you jotted that down, and began walking towards a pay phone you had seen in the food court. No need for anyone to be able to contact you, if you could help it.

You arrive at the pay phone, and begin rifling through your pockets, searching for a quarter. Just as you pulled out a small coin pouch however, a horrifyingly loud scream sounded from the restroom behind you.

Give me a moment...

Spoiler: Hope this is decent. (click to show/hide)

Navitas Muller:
You pull up to the local mall, in search of glassware to continue your experiments. As you pull up to into a parking spot, your car grumbles a little. You step out of the tired old machine, leaving it behind in the parking lot. With a sigh, you slam the door behind you shut, and trudge forwards towards the mall.

You barely pay the 2-story building any heed as you walk into it, nearly slamming your head into a white stone wall as you walk through the doors. Eventually, you turn your head upwards to scan through the stores, ignoring the clothing stores and restaurants, searching for a glassware store, to resupply on vials.

Your mark is found in a corner of the mall, just past the food court. Inside, the store is sterile and white, with a linoleum floor. The cashier within both looks and acts eccentric, constantly jittering, usually  to adjust his glasses or check a price tag. As you leave the store, you sigh, relieved to finally be able to pursue your research once more.

However, as you pass through the food court, you hear a scream, shrill and horrible.

Re-posting on my computer I've spell checked it to the best of my ability and would apprectiate if someone jsut made sure it's O.K. :)
Spoiler: My sheet (click to show/hide)

Im sorry about my earlier version it was late and I was tired so I only really made it to make sure I got my spot.

Chester Danty:
You sigh irritably as you pass through the malls doors, accidentally bumping shoulders with some others in the crowded entryway. Taking a route less traveled, you take a right at the food court, and walk into an antique building.
You take a look around the store, and see nothing but aged pottery, stained furniture, and another client, a tall, proud looking woman who is also searching through the store. Disregarding her, you start searching for your prize.

It's not there, so you walk up to the counter, and ask about the object. The man behind the counter smiles, and turns around to pull out an item wrapped in packaging paper.

“Yes, this is a very fine piece of merchandise. Some say it was used by Merlin himself...”

He leaves the statement open for your interpretation, and he unwraps the package, revealing a slim, silver mirror whose surface is crystal clear. You place a few bills on the counter, and place it back into its packaging, and leave the store. Though it's full power isn't yet unleashed, you can feel the energy leaking from it. If only you knew what it did. You were walking through the food court, thinking about this, when your thoughts are interrupted by a horrible scream.

Spoiler: Ais Lee (click to show/hide)

Dammit, cruddy and cheesy writing. Whatever >.>

(cringes at own writing)
It's like a fanfic plus a sue character that really isn't.
Gahhhhhhhhhh.

Ais Lee:
The soles of your shoes beat out upon the pavement as you sprint down an abandoned alleyway. You can hear the shouts of the men tailing you, then a horrible scream as one of their throats snaps on your spiritual rope. They scream in panic. Presumably, they didn't know about your abilities.

You take advantage of their distraction to pull ahead, eventually sprinting out onto the street. Out in front of you is a massive white building, which is dominated by massive panes of glass for windows. Just as you begin to relax, another shout sounds off from behind you. You sigh heavily, then put on another burst of speed to get inside the building.

You push though the crowd, garnering a few irritated glares as you enter the building. Inside, it's just as white and well-lit, with planters holding palm trees forming a line down the center of the path. Hazarding a glance behind you, you see that your pursuers are having a considerably more difficult time with the crowd than you, so you meld into the crowd, and walk with the largest group, which happens to be borne towards the food court.

Once you arrive there, you sit down at a table and try to think about your situation. It doesn't look good, at all. However, your thoughts are interrupted by a horrible scream coming from the restroom.

Sorry for the delay. Also sorry everyone chose spirit. :P

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Hashari:
As you step out of the car, you are greeted by a tall white building which is dominated by a series of massive glass planes. You walk inside, joining a crowd flowing into the building. The crowd you're a part of flows towards the food court, but you break off and take a left into a more tattered area of the mall.

The hall is lined with stores of debateable morality and validity, such as liquor and gun shops. Ignoring them, you continue through the hall, eventually ending up in front of a battered antique shop. You push the wooden door open, and a bell jingles.

Inside, you see mostly mundane antiques: porcelain jugs, leather chairs and the like. Another client is in here, a scarred man, who seems to be in his own world. Ignoring him, you turn to look at the cashier, and enquire about an item you were seeking.

He flashes you the greasy, practiced smile of a merchant, and pulls a thin glass rod from under the counter. He points out a few runes and symbols engraved into the clear glass.

“I have heard, that this wand is what Solomon used to seal demons.”

You search through your bag, removing a wad of bills, and placing it on the counter. He hands you the wand, and you leave the store. While passing through the food court, you suddenly feel hungry, so you walk over to a small food stand and place an order.

After ordering, you sit down in one of the chairs in the center of the food court, and begin to sit and wait for your order. Your wait is interrupted, however, by a sudden, high-pitched scream from the restroom.

All:
All of you spin around to face the scream, which repeats again, popping your ears from its sheer force. A split-second afterwards, you saw something rush out of the restroom, knocking the door from its hinges and sending it flying into the food court. It smashes into a table, and recoils from the shock, standing still for a moment.

It stretches to its full height, letting you take a good look at it. Though it looks like a man, it's easily the size of a semi-trucks cab, and coloured with the pallor usually reserved for corpses. Bulging veins and arteries line its skin, which seems stretched to cover its immense proportions. Suddenly it screams once more, a horrifying, high-pitched whine which sounds more like speaker feedback than a human voice.

Statuses:
Spoiler: Alexei (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Navitas (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chester (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ais (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hashari (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2012, 06:09:02 pm »

Run away!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2012, 05:47:06 am »

Let me get back on this in a few.

EDIT:

If that thing comes at me, run. If it comes anywhere near my direction, run. If it wanders off, trail it from afar.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 08:54:22 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2012, 11:49:05 am »

Alexei's eyes narrowed and he quickly assessed the situation: a rampaging monster - probably like ones other operatives had already talked about - and an area in which civilians were present.

A terrible scenario. Civilian casualties were very possible, almost unavoidable. Direct course of action was needed.

In a quick motion, the soldier swoop one of the "Grach" from its holster and ran towards the monster, slipping a magazine of hollowpoint ammo inside and making sure his positioning would allow him to shoot without hitting an innocent if he missed. He shouted to call for its attention, his young voice carrying a thick accent.
"Look for someone your own size!"

Call the monster's attention and shoot it as much as possible before having to dodge an attack.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]