Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2207465 times)

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #3435 on: July 25, 2012, 04:55:02 pm »

The continuity is just getting more and more confusing isn't it?
But don't worry, I just invented the perfect fix!  The new magma-powered cat!  Like a normal cat, but powered by magma!
How does that work?  I have no idea!  But who cares?  Get yours today!

Disclaimer: the magma-powered cat may spontaneously explode, setting everything on fire in a radius of 2.9 squares.  I am not responsible for anything involving the magma-powered cat.  limit 12 per customer.

As you can see, when I enter !!SCIENCE!! mode, things like logic, common sense, and practicality go strait out the window.  But hey, isn't it the same thing with these forums as a whole?

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: July 25, 2012, 05:19:23 pm »

Do you provide free samples to Spawn?

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: July 25, 2012, 05:25:20 pm »

Do you provide free samples to Spawn?

Of course not!  These are currently too expensive to just give away (think around the price of ,say, a tame dragon).  Plus, they would probably just eat or kill them.

Also, coming soon!  The nuclear-powered cavy and laser-powered emu!

edit: Also, wasn't it long established that spawn don't really die from being on fire?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 05:36:30 pm by soulslicerjames »

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: July 25, 2012, 05:40:50 pm »

Haven't you heard of !!LULZ!!?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: July 25, 2012, 05:42:57 pm »

And !!FPS DEATH!! ? :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: July 25, 2012, 05:49:04 pm »

Unfortunately, the price estimate listed above is at a mere 1% profit margin compared to the cost of creating the cats, and i had to take out the whole reproduction thing to appease moral guardians, so I can't breed them to lower the price.  Also, I think any !!LULZ!! value would be lost when you find the spawn attacking your fortress to be spreading even more devastation from being on fire.
ninja'd

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: July 25, 2012, 05:59:19 pm »

These reasons are why the lulz are on fire. Like the science. And the dwarven physics.

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: July 25, 2012, 06:06:30 pm »

Still, the fact is, I cannot afford to just give them away.  I would go from flat broke to needing to sell souls just to get out of debt.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: July 25, 2012, 06:10:14 pm »

Mmm... Soulburgers... Maybe we could use THOSE to make the necros be nice. Too bad they aren't recruitable.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: July 25, 2012, 06:15:57 pm »

Not to be a dick, but we've had about twenty posts now with approximately two that had meaningful content. Let's not get back into the chatroom thing, okay?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: July 25, 2012, 06:21:21 pm »

Not to be a dick, but we've had about twenty posts now with approximately two that had meaningful content. Let's not get back into the chatroom thing, okay?

Hey, my magma-powered cats showed they worked at fixing the problem of what passes for continuity didn't they?  Everyone was so distracted that they didn't pay any attention to that tangled mess and worry about it at all. ;D

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: July 25, 2012, 06:36:04 pm »

Talvieno the Chronicler sorted through our continuity and got most of it figured out, timeline-wise. There are a few things that don't quite match up story to story, but since our various stories run the gamut from journal entries in first person limited, narratives in third person limited, and third person omniscient, we can go ahead and chalk those minor errors up to character's misremembering or not seeing things in enough detail at the time. The continuity isn't actually that confusing if you go through it all, it's just slightly uncertain how it all started because Syrupleaf had the world end coated in a nice layer of cooling obsidian, and it magically is not obsidianized in our canon.
My point stands though. :) I'd love it if you had a journal entry to post or a picture to throw up, but when things devolve into random banter about things only very slightly connected to the fortress, we start to drive away people like Mr Frog, who isn't into the whole 'being sociable' thing. Feel free to post, but try to have some content in your post please.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 06:47:19 pm by Hanslanda »
He's fucking with us.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: July 25, 2012, 06:46:38 pm »

Actually, i have a question. Would it be possible to, ahem, "recruit" a necromancer, give him corpses to work on, and use the zombies in a surprise zergrush? By which i mean lock them in a room near the entrance that is only connected via a collapsable tunnel and then shout surprise at goblins/ spawn/other necros?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: July 25, 2012, 06:48:45 pm »

Actually, i have a question. Would it be possible to, ahem, "recruit" a necromancer, give him corpses to work on, and use the zombies in a surprise zergrush? By which i mean lock them in a room near the entrance that is only connected via a collapsable tunnel and then shout surprise at goblins/ spawn/other necros?

For use against goblins and spawn, yes. In fact, most of the victories Spearbreakers has won to date are thanks to the undead wiping out a siege, or vice versa, and then the militia swarms out and ganks the survivors. But trying to use undead against undead is like fighting fire by throwing grease at it.
He's fucking with us.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: July 25, 2012, 06:59:44 pm »

So necros are tameable? And the zombies they raise, they don't register as hostile to the fortress?
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 815