Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 742 743 [744] 745 746 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1795050 times)

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2i - New Poll - Embassy, Orcs and AdvFort.
« Reply #11145 on: April 28, 2013, 01:27:16 pm »

They look good! Is that a rune on the smiths anvil? Because if it is, you might want to clour it differently, so it doesnt blend in with the anvil

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11146 on: April 28, 2013, 01:47:31 pm »

stop toying with us and release it already XD

Tolga

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11147 on: April 28, 2013, 01:55:33 pm »

I have been playing with this mod for a long time, thank you for being awesome! also new sprites look very nice!   :D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #11148 on: April 28, 2013, 02:05:45 pm »

I finished the training-week thingy. All dwarves joining a guild will stay inside the guildhall/garrison for one week. They also have custom sprites.

Now to add these new decorations (brazier, rug, sign) to the GUI.
EDIT: That was quick... done and done.

And btw, I am not toying. :P I am waiting too, 1-2 days more probably.

Firehawk: Yes thats a rune. It doesnt really matter when zoomed out all the way, I just wanted him to look slightly different from the other smiths. Uh, and the sorcerer IS included. ^^ Forgot about that, he does all the magical reaction in the church of dark depths, fountain of youth and mountainking hall... but he is not afflicted with any guilds, didnt make a arcane guild yet.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 02:24:05 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11149 on: April 28, 2013, 03:17:52 pm »

Everything is looking really good. Cant wait to try :D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #11150 on: April 28, 2013, 03:22:58 pm »

Implemented the leather patch sackhead wrote... leather is now produces relative to the creatures size.

1 kitten = 0 leather
1 cat = 1 leather
1 cow = 3 leather
1 drake = 4 drakescale

EDIT: Ok, maybe I want to tease you a bit more. But I think I am done with the decorations now. ^^ Chandeliers anyone? And yes, these are 7 candles on 16 pixels.  8)

« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 03:47:38 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

AirPhforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11151 on: April 28, 2013, 03:56:32 pm »

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, how exactly do changelings work? The are immobile, cheap, and are required to copy creatures?

What's the process to utilize them?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #11152 on: April 28, 2013, 04:15:00 pm »

They are cheap, immobile and can be bought from caravans or at embark. They do breed. If you want to use the colosseum, for example to fight a cave ogre or a cerberus, you bring a changeling to the colosseum. Then you run the "fight a cerberus (needs changeling)" reaction, and the changeling will become a horrible monster for your dwarves to kill. Colosseum fights, ancient rome and such. :)

I might make some elven magic non-sense to transform them into friendly monsters as well, a lategame-tech to make your own warbeasts. Like the golem creation, just more organic. ;)

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11153 on: April 28, 2013, 05:39:44 pm »

I tried searching back through the thread, but I can't seem to find where the 'guild' concept was described - is the intention for guilds to replace the caste system, or are they in addition to castes?  If they're replacing it, I really like the idea (I normally have castes off; but I like the concept of the player having control over creating dwarf archetypes).  If they're in addition, wouldn't the stacking bonuses get a little out of control? 

Sorry if I'm asking something you've covered endlessly already.  This thread has been smoking along, its been hard to keep up and I'm amazed you can stay on top of it and add features at such a clip, Meph.

Minor side comments - really looking forward to spawn system, that sounds great.  Was never a fan of concubines and slaves, never felt it matched the dwarf theme.  Really happy with the advanced metals being dependent on steel, and happy to hear you found a solution for free immigrant golems, I think this will help balance the military side of things.  Sprites look great. 

Expensive food - not sure Meph can do much here, because the ridiculously high values tend to be a function of Quality x Stacks of Separate Ingredients x Ingredient Values.  He can't control the quality.  Perhaps he can identify the worst of the "large stack size" reactions and reduce those, and reduce value slightly, and this might at least limit some of the insanity.  Personally, I just add "no trading food" as a personal rule to keep the game challenging.  It just seems silly for medieval food to be both so valuable, and so non-perishable for trading against such distances!
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #11154 on: April 28, 2013, 05:49:32 pm »

Castes are removed, no more savants. Skills cant stack, because they dont get skills. they get skill learn rates.
EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot: Both the guildhall and the guilds/castes are optonal. Of course playing with the guildhall but without castes would break everything, but you can remove the guildhall and play with only the few special dwarves that come along.

I am amazed at my speed as well, I am super motivated atm. Just made Masons Guild Miners immune to coaldust/black lung, and they resist warpstone better. They still get sick from unstable warpstone, but they dont die. And the normal warpstone they can dig without even getting sick. :)

I cant mod foods sadly. That is almost entirely hardcoded. I can only lower the value of ingredients, but that makes buying food also easier.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 05:51:50 pm by Meph »

AirPhforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11155 on: April 28, 2013, 07:21:40 pm »

They are cheap, immobile and can be bought from caravans or at embark. They do breed. If you want to use the colosseum, for example to fight a cave ogre or a cerberus, you bring a changeling to the colosseum. Then you run the "fight a cerberus (needs changeling)" reaction, and the changeling will become a horrible monster for your dwarves to kill. Colosseum fights, ancient rome and such. :)

I might make some elven magic non-sense to transform them into friendly monsters as well, a lategame-tech to make your own warbeasts. Like the golem creation, just more organic. ;)
If they are immobile do they starve/die of thirst if left alone or do they just not need food?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #11156 on: April 28, 2013, 07:25:00 pm »

No pet can die of thirst. Or have you ever seen one that does? Only grazers can die of hunger. Pets in general never eat or drink. ;)

I would gladly add the option that forces players to produce food for their pets as well, but alas, I cant.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11157 on: April 28, 2013, 07:26:36 pm »

What exactly makes orc fort mutually exclusive with dwarves? Is it just for convenience's sake?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #11158 on: April 28, 2013, 07:34:10 pm »

It is a good question.

Besides a custom WTF-text I did for the embark (strike the earth replaced with To Waaaghh) and never included, it is mostly this:
1. Orc, Kobolds and Dwarves have specific common domestic pets. They need to be toggled, otherwise all civs end up with all pets.
2. Orc, Kobolds and Dwarves have specific plants. Orcs with their taiga/tundra themed plants, Kobolds with wood stalks.
3. Orc, Kobolds and Dwarves have specific materials. I dont toggle these yet, but probably will in future, to avoid "ashlander warglass" spam up the dwarven forge.

MOST IMPORTANT:
4. Kobolds cant dig stone, because I make stone undiggable. Changes in inorganics need a new world gen. Play kobolds, switch to orcs/dwarves in the same world? Then your orcs/kobolds cant dig either.
5. I would force players that dont want to play additional races to carefully pick their embark civ, since the selection in the embark screen is random. You might start the game, just press embark, dont think about it, and suddenly you are a kobold.

I would love to have them all in one world, with players having multiple forts of different races, but it cant be done. Especially not with the undiggable stone.

jonveck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11159 on: April 28, 2013, 07:35:41 pm »

Regarding the new system of "pet crafting," what if you replaced the toolbox with something like an elemental spark?  If the lore for your mod says that golems are purely mechanical things without any living essence, I can definitely understand the want to keep the requisite "pet" component as a non-breeding toolbox, but if you wanted to make it a little more comparable to the other crafting pets and capable of creating more of itself, there are definitely options available.  It's always been my understanding that golems aren't so much robots as they're shells possessed by an elemental (or otherwise otherworldly) spirit to give it life.
Pages: 1 ... 742 743 [744] 745 746 ... 749