Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3618 3619 [3620] 3621 3622 ... 10987

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13405172 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #54285 on: July 16, 2014, 11:54:42 pm »

My grandpa removed Java and Adobe from his Mac, saying they were 'incompatible' and 'designed for Windows'. He claimed it was the sole reason a dozen of his workplace macs went wrong, because Macs can't get viruses.
*sighs*
People should educate themselves more...or on being openminded :/

There are viruses--PC viruses, which we've associated with any darn virus (yet the source being attached to the OS, as proven--there are Windows viruses...and then there are Mac viruses.)

The attitude hasn't caught up yet though.

Convince your grandpa otherwise Cmega D:

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54286 on: July 17, 2014, 12:41:26 am »

My grandpa removed Java and Adobe from his Mac, saying they were 'incompatible' and 'designed for Windows'. He claimed it was the sole reason a dozen of his workplace macs went wrong, because Macs can't get viruses.
Print this for him. Yes, a Mac can get a virus, even though Linux/Unix/OSX (which is just another variant of Unix, mostly,) are built to not install anything without specifically being installed by the user. Some malware does subvert that process.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #54287 on: July 17, 2014, 01:22:30 am »

It mildly infuriates me how often Linux gets left out of lists of OS's and ruled out as a serious-for-usage operating system.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54288 on: July 17, 2014, 01:43:33 am »

It's the penguin Tawa, it's hard to take a penguin seriously unless it is a wizard, has killed somebody, has some sort of weapon, is cool, or has done something awesome.

((No offense to our resident penguins of course, you all have done something sufficiently awesome from what I have seen I think.))

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54289 on: July 17, 2014, 01:45:37 am »

It's the penguin Tawa, it's hard to take a penguin seriously unless it is a wizard, has killed somebody, has some sort of weapon, is cool, or has done something awesome.

((No offense to our resident penguins of course, you all have done something sufficiently awesome from what I have seen I think.))
RedHats assemble

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #54290 on: July 17, 2014, 01:45:50 am »

But Prinnies explode and have knives and nobody takes them seriously.
Take a closer look at this text!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #54291 on: July 17, 2014, 01:46:36 am »

It mildly infuriates me how often Linux gets left out of lists of OS's and ruled out as a serious-for-usage operating system.
I thought it was a kernel.

Whatever that is.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54292 on: July 17, 2014, 02:04:46 am »

Penguins are horribly annoying in not one but two videogames that I play occasionally.
Forgive me if I have some lingering dislike of them...

* Yoink goes to re-watch that one documentary about the penguins and the tiger seals.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #54296 on: July 17, 2014, 08:30:05 am »

Lauri Torni was a Finnish man who hated communists.
So much so that he fought them all his life. First he fought for the Finns; when the Finns were forced to make peace with the Soviets he fought for the Nazis. When the Nazis surrendered he made his way to the Western front to surrender before escaping from a British prison to flee back to Finland. He failed to make it back to his family though because he was arrested by the police and put on trial for fighting under the Germans. From there he eventually received a pardon and swam his way to America, whereupon he joined the US army and continued fighting communists until the day he died fighting communists in vietnam, after a helicopter crash.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54297 on: July 17, 2014, 09:23:25 am »

Huh, one of my own posts were listed when I checked the 'new posts' section just now >.>

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #54299 on: July 17, 2014, 11:35:02 am »

What the fuck is this, I don't even *unintelligible gibberish*
NSFW
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 12:08:12 pm by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 ... 3618 3619 [3620] 3621 3622 ... 10987