Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1082894 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.13-r1
« Reply #1065 on: October 04, 2014, 02:14:57 am »

df.syndrome.find(type)

dwarf_reform

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: October 04, 2014, 03:22:24 am »

I thought it'd be handy if some of the functions were grouped under some user-friendly headers.. An example would be a "Interacting with liquids" section that'd list any and all dfhack functions that deal with liquid interactions or usage.. Some other sections/groups could be 'Workflow controls", "Patches and repairs", "Commands that can kill", "Cleaning and framerate", "Item manipulation", stuff like that..

Basically it'd provide shorter and more focused lists of dfhack features in help-file format and give new users a cleaner way to explore available functions without scanning the gigantic/daunting 'ls' list :>

Also, enabling the 'liquids' command to place blood and venom, or extracts/dusts/illnesses in liquid form, if possible, would be insane.. Purposefully dumping sadness on my dwarves for science..

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: October 04, 2014, 03:44:28 am »

Magma and water are the only actual liquids in the game.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: October 04, 2014, 06:50:44 am »

Not sure if this is the right thread,
[EDIT] Whoops! It should have been here I guess. I did look, but I must have looked right through that. :(
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 06:55:22 am by ptb_ptb »
()==[:::::::::::::>

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: October 04, 2014, 09:18:11 am »

df.syndrome.find(type)
Thank you Putnam.  That .find method didn't show up when I iterated over the df.syndrome object (my guess is that no methods would).  Is there some way in lua to interrogate all of the attributes and methods of an object?  Or better yet, an object model somewhere?  I tried searching in symbols.xml, but that doesn't have everything.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

arcane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: October 04, 2014, 01:06:40 pm »

digFlood doesn't like me.  Per the man page I added a command to my dfhack.init but every time I launch it fails.

digFlood BISMUTHINITE CASSERITE GALENA GARNIERITE HEMATITE LIMONITE MAGNETITE MALACHITE SPHALERITE TETRAHEDRITE LIGNITE

this kicks back: Could not find material "BISMUTHINITE"

I'm spelling it correctly per the wiki and the raws, so what am I doing wrong?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: October 04, 2014, 01:45:53 pm »

df.syndrome.find(type)
Thank you Putnam.  That .find method didn't show up when I iterated over the df.syndrome object (my guess is that no methods would).  Is there some way in lua to interrogate all of the attributes and methods of an object?  Or better yet, an object model somewhere?  I tried searching in symbols.xml, but that doesn't have everything.

https://github.com/DFHack/df-structures

find seems to be a bit of a special case, though; you'll just have to sorta guess it's there for most objects with IDs. It usually is, though.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: October 04, 2014, 03:11:05 pm »

digFlood doesn't like me.  Per the man page I added a command to my dfhack.init but every time I launch it fails.

digFlood BISMUTHINITE CASSERITE GALENA GARNIERITE HEMATITE LIMONITE MAGNETITE MALACHITE SPHALERITE TETRAHEDRITE LIGNITE

Do you see an equivalent error with "Cassiterite" when deleting BISMUTHINITE? (It should be CASSITERITE, not CASSERITE, by the way.) If so, you'll probably need to run that command with a world loaded - you can do this automatically by adding it to the "onLoadWorld.init" file (creating it if necessary) in the same folder as dfhack.init.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: October 04, 2014, 03:30:51 pm »

I found a small bug in modtools/add-syndrome.lua

On line 122, it should read

local affectedCaste = syndrome.syn_affected_caste[caste].value

instead of

local affectedCaste = syndrome.syn_affectedCaste[caste].value

Fixing that made it a couple orders of magnitude easier for me to troubleshoot my scripts.

Thanks for all the awesomeness that is DFHack!  Now I'm off to stumble my way through art assets...
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

JackDaniels21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: October 04, 2014, 05:55:30 pm »

Is there any way to keep dfhack from resizing the gui? It makes the font too small and it forces truetype.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: October 04, 2014, 08:23:14 pm »

Are you using TwbT? If so, you can disable it by deleting <DF>/hack/plugins/twbt.plug.(dll/dylib/so) or changing PRINT_MODE to 2D in init.txt.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: October 04, 2014, 08:57:12 pm »

I think you need to do

Code: [Select]
digFlood 1 [materials]
Otherwise it's looking for an already-registered material to unregister. It doesn't find it since it hasn't been registered yet.

I found a small bug in modtools/add-syndrome.lua

On line 122, it should read

local affectedCaste = syndrome.syn_affected_caste[caste].value

instead of

local affectedCaste = syndrome.syn_affectedCaste[caste].value

Fixing that made it a couple orders of magnitude easier for me to troubleshoot my scripts.

Thanks for all the awesomeness that is DFHack!  Now I'm off to stumble my way through art assets...

Excellent catch. Thank you very much.

I thought it'd be handy if some of the functions were grouped under some user-friendly headers.. An example would be a "Interacting with liquids" section that'd list any and all dfhack functions that deal with liquid interactions or usage.. Some other sections/groups could be 'Workflow controls", "Patches and repairs", "Commands that can kill", "Cleaning and framerate", "Item manipulation", stuff like that..

Basically it'd provide shorter and more focused lists of dfhack features in help-file format and give new users a cleaner way to explore available functions without scanning the gigantic/daunting 'ls' list :>

Also, enabling the 'liquids' command to place blood and venom, or extracts/dusts/illnesses in liquid form, if possible, would be insane.. Purposefully dumping sadness on my dwarves for science..

This would be good to do. For the scripts it's really no harder than moving scripts into different folders, but coming up with an intuitive way of organizing them is tricky.

Drokles

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok hates us unconditionally
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: October 04, 2014, 10:59:32 pm »

Thanks for maintaining this amazing mod! It makes the game so much easier.
It seems to be an old problem, but couldn't find any solution to it by searching. Does anyone know how to get stonesense to work on Linux?
I get
/home/drokles/DFML-1-11/df/df_linux_0_40_13/hack/plugins/stonesense.plug.so: undefined symbol: al_color_rgb_to_hsv
Can't load plugin /home/drokles/DFML-1-11/df/df_linux_0_40_13/hack/plugins/stonesense.plug.so
I have understood that some clever folks made stonesense work by building it in such a way that allegro is included properly in the build, but is it really necessary to build Stonesense from scratch in order to make it work?

Thanks!
On the rare occasions where this fort isnt under siege, wood cutting and hauling is our ultimate priority.

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: October 05, 2014, 02:11:11 am »

DFHack is not a mod.

Also check this
Well there does seem to be something as opposed to past versions, this is interesting:

Code: [Select]
stonesense.plug.so: undefined symbol: al_color_rgb_to_hsv
Can't load plugin stonesense.plug.so

https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues/282
I'll try to rebuild my Linux build (GCC 4.5.4) with Eswald's change when I get a chance.

EDIT: Didn't quite read your post correctly, sorry. For the inconvenience I can upload a build of stonesense that works on my machine, if you're interested.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 06:46:43 pm by Nopenope »

Edrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: October 05, 2014, 03:32:08 pm »

After a very variable time, the dfhack hotkeys simply stop working, until I close the process and restart it. Everything else works just fine. I didn't find any report about this.
I’m using windows 7 and Dwarf Fortress 40_13 Starter Pack r3 with a non-english keyboard, but I’m probably not the only one, so… Any ideas ?
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 360