Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1082895 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r5
« Reply #3525 on: December 31, 2015, 07:29:51 am »

Bump for some dance research, it's just trying to figure out what some of the stuff under the various dances are, I tracked down which ones I knew under df.global.world.dance_forms and then tried to figure out some of the different fields.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Mostly just gathering the info to have it written out and see if anything stood out as obvious relationships like the entity one.

The first one is just the solo dancer making clockwise circles with a little group of musicians, the second one is a big mingled crowd moving around and chasing the X, again with a little group of musicians, the third dance I filled out there is a crazy looking one, if you have enough dancers for it then you get multiple pairs, I've seen 4 personally, all whirling around, and apparently doing all 12 of the moves under the dance_form_sub2 header with a large group of musicians that makes it a pain because THEY fill out first so you end up with single dancers all the time and rarely get it started.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: December 31, 2015, 07:31:27 am »

Having the exact in-game descriptions of the dance forms would probably be best.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: December 31, 2015, 07:45:56 am »

Having the exact in-game descriptions of the dance forms would probably be best.
Oh yeah, forgot that in the middle of breaking down all 12 of those damn moves in the last one.
Spoiler: Euphoric Song (click to show/hide)

There's a lot of relevant stuff linked in through activities, btw, but without more of an idea of what the various strings mean it is hard to figure out, I was able to pick out which performance is mine (type 8, dismissed=false, and my hist_fig id) and I did notice stuff like the kids playing and people praying/filling orders under there too, so that's where the tavern keeper stuff is in part.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 08:17:17 am by Max™ »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: January 01, 2016, 12:50:29 pm »

Here's another alpha release, for 0.42.04 only this time (there was a change to the world layout, among other things, so support for older versions has been dropped):
https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/0.42.04-alpha1
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: January 01, 2016, 09:33:43 pm »

Here's another alpha release, for 0.42.04 only this time (there was a change to the world layout, among other things, so support for older versions has been dropped):
The work you guys pour into these releases is greatly appreciated.  We need the modders to rehearse one of Max™'s dances to show the proper level of appreciation...
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

BlackSmokeDMax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: January 02, 2016, 11:26:45 am »

Having a strange issue getting the workflow dashboard to show up.

Here is what *does* work:
1. Going into a workshop and then into a workflow job and then hitting "shift-S"
or
2. Alt-tabbing to dfhack and then entering the command "gui/workflow status"

Trying to use any shortcut to get to that screen seems to do nothing.
(edited in): I've tried using these commands all over... in workshops, in the "z" status menu, while at the main view, etc.

I've checked keybindings, and everything looks fine. Here is what I find in dfhack.init:
# workflow front-end
keybinding add Alt-W@dwarfmode/QueryBuilding/Some/Workshop/Job gui/workflow
keybinding add Alt-W@overallstatus "gui/workflow status"

I've also tried adding new ones, using these attempts: (one at a time)
keybinding add Ctrl-I@dwarfmode "qui/workflow status"
keybinding add Alt-W@dwarfmode "qui/workflow status"
keybinding add Alt-W "qui/workflow status"

I've tried adding these in both dfhack.init and also to the dfhack_PeridexisErrant.init in the extras folder in LNP.

Being that I can get to the screen via the 2 methods shown towards the top of this post, this isn't a huge deal. Suppose it's just some minor OCD wanting it to work correctly.

Appreciate any help! Also, if this is the wrong thread for this, let me know, and I'll move it somewhere more appropriate.

--
As long as I'm posting this, maybe I'll throw this other very basic (showing my newbness) question out here:
While setting up a workflow for making rock blocks, what is the difference between "blocks of rock" and "blocks of any stone" "blocks of any material" as an output? Especially the first two??
--
also please note, I'm still using DF 40.24
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 11:34:13 am by BlackSmokeDMax »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: January 02, 2016, 11:41:01 am »

Are you restarting DF after you add those keybinding commands to dfhack.init?  Does running them in the console work? Do you have a job selected in a workshop when you press Alt-W (for the gui/workflow one)?

I think "blocks of rock" means any inorganic material, or maybe stone without a material type (which could end up allowing stone of any material, but then the "blocks of any stone" option wouldn't make sense). I remember generated sites occasionally containing "rock blocks", which I think Quietust said was due to them not having a material ID (or possibly an invalid one?).

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

BlackSmokeDMax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: January 02, 2016, 11:58:26 am »

Are you restarting DF after you add those keybinding commands to dfhack.init?  Does running them in the console work? Do you have a job selected in a workshop when you press Alt-W (for the gui/workflow one)?

I think "blocks of rock" means any inorganic material, or maybe stone without a material type (which could end up allowing stone of any material, but then the "blocks of any stone" option wouldn't make sense). I remember generated sites occasionally containing "rock blocks", which I think Quietust said was due to them not having a material ID (or possibly an invalid one?).

Yeah, I was making sure I was shutting down everything, including the LNP launcher program, just in case.

Do you mean entering the keybindings in the console? Not sure if I tried that... be right back....
   - First one I tried [ keybinding add Ctrl-I "gui/workflow status" ] worked just fine right away! That worked from main area, no need to be in any special menu (although it looks like that isn't the best one to use, as it overrides the Ctrl-I built into the "z"-"stocks"-"e" menu, not that I have ever used that yet, lol
Strange that doesn't work while adding to dfhack.init. Was making sure I was definitely saving as well after editing with notepad++

Alt-W with a job selected does work, and brings me to the standard workflow job entry, and while in there hitting Shift-S has always worked to get to the dashboard. Hitting Alt-W again at any time during that process does not bring me to the workflow overall status.

Sorta glad that "any stone" or "rock" confusion thing isn't just me, any chance one is meaning both non-ore and non-economic? I don't even know for sure what all the materials are that can be made into blocks. I may need to go read the wiki on that subject again.

Thanks for the time lethosor!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: January 02, 2016, 01:00:05 pm »

Does your dfhack.init have the Alt-W "qui/workflow status" typo your post did?

BlackSmokeDMax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: January 02, 2016, 01:11:06 pm »

Well, damn! LOL, it probably did, I had since deleted anything I added so I can't check. But adding it in there now, it's working correctly! Thanks Max, nice spot!

Although still strange that it wasn't working correctly in the first place, at least it's working correctly now.

foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike true
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: January 02, 2016, 01:50:27 pm »

I'm having a problem with the "startdwarf" command

Code: [Select]
[DFHack]# startdwarf 20
E: RuntimeError: ./hack/scripts/startdwarf.rb:18: patch address not available
 ./hack/scripts/startdwarf.rb:18
 (eval):19:in `load'
 (eval):19
 (eval):19:in `catch'
 (eval):19

Is there a possible solution to this?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: January 02, 2016, 02:10:09 pm »

The script to find the address startdwarf needs to patch is broken, unfortunately.

foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike true
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: January 02, 2016, 02:22:43 pm »

Ah okay

nomad_delta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: January 02, 2016, 04:44:40 pm »

hooray! thanks Lethosor and all of the many wonderful people that contribute to dfhack! <3

I will commence with dfhacking all the things.

--nomad_delta

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: January 02, 2016, 05:27:25 pm »

Well, damn! LOL, it probably did, I had since deleted anything I added so I can't check. But adding it in there now, it's working correctly! Thanks Max, nice spot!

Although still strange that it wasn't working correctly in the first place, at least it's working correctly now.

I'm a human spellcheck machine, some call me... The Grammarian?

So I recognize that dfusion is full of cruft and deprecation and duplication but it's just such a habit. I'm gonna have to check out the other change adventurer methods huh.
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 360