Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1086045 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r5
« Reply #3555 on: January 06, 2016, 08:18:26 pm »

The subscreen field was removed (maybe in 0.40, in fact, but we noticed it in 0.42). That'll need to be fixed.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #3556 on: January 06, 2016, 08:50:46 pm »

Hmmm.
Code: [Select]
/home/thefunk/.df/hack/scripts/names.lua:42: Cannot write field viewscreen_setupadventurest.subscreen: not found.
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function '__newindex'
        /home/thefunk/.df/hack/scripts/names.lua:42: in function 'f'
        ./hack/lua/dfhack.lua:554: in function <./hack/lua/dfhack.lua:495>
        (...tail calls...)

I notice there are pages now in the adventurer setup screens, but none specifically seem to point to the custom name screen.

It is now .page = df.viewscreen_setupadventurest.T_page.Background

gchristopher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: January 06, 2016, 09:06:23 pm »

<... stuff ...>
Most importantly check if the item has in_job flag (if so remove from job and unset flag) and don't forget to call dfhack.items.moveToGround so everything is correctly set (e.g. tile flags that it contains item, item list in map chunk etc...)
I tried a more minimal approach, just cleared the item.flags.owned flag, the owned item.general_refs and the unit.owned_items entry, then marked the item for dumping. Eventually the dwarf dropped it. However, that dwarf appears to immediately claim that item (the minecart) as owned any time he picks it up for any reason!

However, the bug is pretty endemic. Several dwarves have claimed ownership of whatever item is in their right hands. I'm trying to create a bug tracker account to document it, but the captcha there appears to be broken.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: January 06, 2016, 09:08:25 pm »

I have one other related question... Can Lua manipulate the sidebar while placing a building?  This would give the player more immediate feedback if a location is "appropriate".  Any single tile can only have one base material, so a single generic Altar would still work even though building materials aren't selected until after the position (for example, if it's a marble tile, the sidebar can report if the location is suitable for an Altar To Marble).
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: January 06, 2016, 09:28:24 pm »

I have one other related question... Can Lua manipulate the sidebar while placing a building?  This would give the player more immediate feedback if a location is "appropriate".  Any single tile can only have one base material, so a single generic Altar would still work even though building materials aren't selected until after the position (for example, if it's a marble tile, the sidebar can report if the location is suitable for an Altar To Marble).
You can replace the sidebar entirely (well, technically that involves creating a new screen, rendering the parent/dwarfmode screen, and then drawing over (parts of) the sidebar). The HistScreen class at https://github.com/lethosor/dfhack/blob/designation-history/plugins/lua/designation-history.lua is an example.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: January 06, 2016, 09:34:18 pm »

The subscreen field was removed (maybe in 0.40, in fact, but we noticed it in 0.42). That'll need to be fixed.
The subscreen worked in 0.40 though, but I'll try the way mifki suggested.

That worked, still gotta clean it up so it applies the name when you exit the screen but eh.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 11:24:52 pm by Max™ »

gchristopher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: January 07, 2016, 02:49:44 am »

<... stuff ...>
Most importantly check if the item has in_job flag (if so remove from job and unset flag) and don't forget to call dfhack.items.moveToGround so everything is correctly set (e.g. tile flags that it contains item, item list in map chunk etc...)
I tried a more minimal approach, just cleared the item.flags.owned flag, the owned item.general_refs and the unit.owned_items entry, then marked the item for dumping. Eventually the dwarf dropped it. However, that dwarf appears to immediately claim that item (the minecart) as owned any time he picks it up for any reason!

However, the bug is pretty endemic. Several dwarves have claimed ownership of whatever item is in their right hands. I'm trying to create a bug tracker account to document it, but the captcha there appears to be broken.
The item also appears in units.used_items. My doctor was growing attached to a stack of adamantine coins (and who could blame him.) I tried removing the reference to the item from used_items. Let's see if he stops picking it back up now.

Oh, look! The doctor left a job to take a drink, and has again claimed ownership of the item he was using for a previous job. This time I saw it happen start to finish. I'm certain he just picked up the item (a steel coin) and was melting it when he left to get a drink, and now that coin is held in his right hand, and he is its new owner.

Looking over my dwarf population, 3 out of 20 have some inappropriate items in their right hand. One has six glass pots of alcohol in his right hand, and is asleep in bed. (Ha, that sounds about right.)

That bug is definitely confirmed for 42.04, I'll try to get a Mantis account to post it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 03:02:52 am by gchristopher »

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: January 07, 2016, 05:09:04 am »

Can somebody make dfhack with just a "reveal" module?
Finis sanctificat media.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: January 07, 2016, 06:07:31 am »

You can replace the sidebar entirely (well, technically that involves creating a new screen, rendering the parent/dwarfmode screen, and then drawing over (parts of) the sidebar). The HistScreen class at https://github.com/lethosor/dfhack/blob/designation-history/plugins/lua/designation-history.lua is an example.
Thanks, I will take a look at this.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: January 07, 2016, 11:33:26 am »

<... stuff ...>

The item also appears in units.used_items. My doctor was growing attached to a stack of adamantine coins (and who could blame him.) I tried removing the reference to the item from used_items. Let's see if he stops picking it back up now.

Oh, look! The doctor left a job to take a drink, and has again claimed ownership of the item he was using for a previous job. This time I saw it happen start to finish. I'm certain he just picked up the item (a steel coin) and was melting it when he left to get a drink, and now that coin is held in his right hand, and he is its new owner.

Looking over my dwarf population, 3 out of 20 have some inappropriate items in their right hand. One has six glass pots of alcohol in his right hand, and is asleep in bed. (Ha, that sounds about right.)

That bug is definitely confirmed for 42.04, I'll try to get a Mantis account to post it.

Thanks for the heads-up. Guess I'm sticking with 42.03 for now.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: January 07, 2016, 12:59:48 pm »

Just a thought: does this inappropriate hanging-on happen with anything other than TOOLs? I could easily imagine there's something about the way people carry around books and scrolls that's had an awful side effect on other tools.

gchristopher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: January 07, 2016, 02:45:56 pm »

Thanks for the heads-up. Guess I'm sticking with 42.03 for now.
It's not such a terrible bug, and it's probably related to 0009443: Dwarfs acquire and equip multiple empty goblets

All of the dwarves who are claiming ownership of items have a preference for the items material.

Removing ownership references and item attachment references seems to fix the items in question. I will try changing the dwarves preferences so they longer like the item materials and see if they stop pathologically claiming items.

I guess if I'm editing preferences, I could make every dwarf prefer potato wine (vodka) and call it Russian Fortress.

Overall, 42.04 is great! I recommend it. Also thanks to the dfhack team for such a continually amazing effort!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 05:01:11 pm by gchristopher »

Symmetry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: January 07, 2016, 05:39:47 pm »

Just a thought: does this inappropriate hanging-on happen with anything other than TOOLs? I could easily imagine there's something about the way people carry around books and scrolls that's had an awful side effect on other tools.

I have seen my soldiers sparring while carrying upto six bars in their hands.  They should be doing nothing buy hauling them.
I can't promise this is the same bug but it seems very likely.

Mine seemed to go away with a "replace clothing" change but I really wasn't paying attention and I was glad of the weight training for the soldiers.  Not sure if that is a real thing but I hope so.

KirigStonebeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: January 07, 2016, 09:12:24 pm »

I'm getting an error every time I try to launch DFHack, that I'm running an unknown version of DF. I've tried 0.42.04 and 0.42.03, including fresh installs of both, and I tried redownloading the DFHack zip in case there was an error on the first DL. stderr.log reads as follows:

FirstCall()
Initized HOOKS!
DFHack build: v0.40.24-r5-0-g3330225
Identifying DF version.
Loading hack\symbols.xml ... OK
v0.40.24 SDL: PE: 0x54ad7e66
v0.40.24 linux: MD5: c42f55948a448645d6609102ef6439e8
v0.40.24 osx: MD5: c935236736139882b670ed9f1adec52c
Loaded 3 DF symbol tables.
Unable to retrieve version information.
PE timestamp: 0x567ef345

I'm pretty confused because it doesn't seem like anyone else is having this problem. Anyone have any suggestions?
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 360