Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1404500 times)

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.31.25 r8 (current)
« Reply #285 on: November 08, 2011, 12:45:04 am »

Right now, DF2minecraft just assumes any and all block walls are stone blocks, but you can change that by changing some stuff in the df2mc.xml file. just open it with notepad. it's not quite self explanatory, but there's plenty of comments there to help you out. If you do make any fixes to that file, let us know, so we can put them into the next release.
I added this
Code: [Select]
<constructed.blocks-gold mat="gold block,gold block,gold block;gold block,gold block,gold block;gold block,gold block,gold block|gold block,snow,gold block;snow,gold block,snow;gold block,snow,gold block|gold block,gold block,gold block;gold block,gold block,gold block;gold block,gold block,gold block" />
and got this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyway, if you want to set your spawn point, just point the DF cursor at it before you run df2minecraft. Obviously needs to be an unobstructed tile.... maybe you're setting the spawn point to some ridiculous place that way?

I don't know what's going on in those screenshots really. Can you post your DF save?

EDIT:
Oh, idea here. Maybe at the point where the spawn is placed, there's no adminium floor yet and it puts you in the void.
I tried moving the cursor to different points.  I always die and have to respawn (at a different random point for each world).
The weirdest respawn I got had me on fire in what appeared to be the void and then I died and was on fire again.

I put the save here if you want to look at it.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 08, 2011, 12:22:57 pm »

Anyway I can add my own offset's?  I used cheat engine 6.1 to find 1 byte values that specify dwarf embark points (there's 7 dorfs) that are spent on skills, or is this something more for dfusion?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #287 on: November 08, 2011, 02:59:48 pm »

I used cheat engine 6.1 to find 1 byte values that specify dwarf embark points (there's 7 dorfs) that are spent on skills, or is this something more for dfusion?
1. I'm pretty sure the number of embark points is a 32-bit (4 byte) value
2. Embark points can be increased during worldgen, so there's no need to add it to dfhack
3. I get the impression that the main purpose of dfhack is to enhance the game and work around bugs; then again, there are plugins like "reveal" and "fastdwarf", so maybe I'm wrong.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 08, 2011, 03:16:39 pm »

3. I get the impression that the main purpose of dfhack is to enhance the game and work around bugs; then again, there are plugins like "reveal" and "fastdwarf", so maybe I'm wrong.

My understanding was that DFHack also sought to facilitate building a particular setup you want to try.  Reveal is particularly useful for this, for instance.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 08, 2011, 03:18:24 pm »

And reveal may be used as workaround to certain reclaim bugs.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #290 on: November 08, 2011, 03:24:50 pm »

I used cheat engine 6.1 to find 1 byte values that specify dwarf embark points (there's 7 dorfs) that are spent on skills, or is this something more for dfusion?
2. Embark points can be increased during worldgen, so there's no need to add it to dfhack
I add whatever is cool and stable enough to be used and leave the decision of what is a cheat to the users. You think using some DFHack command is cheating? Feel free to not use it. Hell, you can go and delete its plugin file (.plug.so or .plug.dll) and get rid of it if you can't resist the temptation.

Even reveal and liquids can be used without 'cheating' - to fix the cases of the magma sea leaking into hell. You think fixing things like that is cheating because you'll see hell? Let a friend do it and give you the fixed, unrevealed map.

Point is: In singleplayer cheating is entirely subjective. If you need to interact in a group, then you should agree on what cheating is and not do it.

I'm not your judge ;)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 08, 2011, 03:41:22 pm »

It wasn't working correctly when I had the value set to 4 bytes, so I had to set it to 1 byte before it ready correctly (meaning there's values beyond the 1 byte offset that made a 4 byte offset obviously not the number I was looking for).

I don't know why Toady would want to make it a 4 byte offset, as the maximum value of 4 bytes is far too excessive for the skills.  a Single byte value gives 255, and the default is 10.  I don't know if you assumed it was 4 bytes because the game's variables are all generally 4 bytes, but I'm sure it's not 4 bytes.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #292 on: November 08, 2011, 04:52:43 pm »

I was referring to the embark points, not the skill assignments for each dwarf, and you typically have a lot more than 255 embark points.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 09, 2011, 03:31:46 am »

I wanted to inspect my construction, unfortunately lower levels are hidden - why? 

Problem persists after changing cube size

[SEGMENTSIZE_XY:70]
[SEGMENTSIZE_Z:4]
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #294 on: November 09, 2011, 03:41:18 am »

I wanted to inspect my construction, unfortunately lower levels are hidden - why? 

Problem persists after changing cube size

[SEGMENTSIZE_XY:70]
[SEGMENTSIZE_Z:4]
Too eager occlusion culling algorithm (culling tiles that aren't occluded ~_~)

Hit the 'o' key:
https://github.com/peterix/stonesense/blob/master/README.txt#L64

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 09, 2011, 05:02:57 am »

sorry about that.

really gotta fix that, but never have time.

twalberg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 09, 2011, 11:00:11 am »

Just noticed that the Z-levels reported by "prospect" for the locations of a particular substance don't match up with the Z-level reported by DF onscreen. Wondering if that would be an easy fix, but guessing it's not exactly simple - the offset probably varies per worldgen and maybe even per embark location, but maybe there's enough info available in the various map structures to correct it without going through too much work. Alternatively, adding a correction factor argument to prospect (and potentially some of the other tools if necessary) might be an option.

Also, just a couple minor wish-list things - all related to digging for some odd reason...
* rotations/mirrors of the expdig patterns - sometimes a diagonal dig from NW to SE fits the terrain better than the SW to NE ones
* port the old digger tool from legacy - ability to read a dig pattern from a file and apply it
* diagonal line digging - not just the diagonal expdig patterns - I'm thinking something like 'diagdig 4 3 5' for a diagonal hallway that has a 4:3 slope and is 5 tiles wide - maybe also specifying a length

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 09, 2011, 11:03:41 am »

that actually is a pretty easy fix. DFhack does have access to the height offset.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 09, 2011, 03:59:41 pm »

2 requests
- Is it possible to add plugin to control SIEGE status? I want to attempt hermite challenge, without killing migrants
- Is t possible to modify hardcoded job priorities to avoid "disable all labors on broker" ceremony etc

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 09, 2011, 04:17:05 pm »

- Is t possible to modify hardcoded job priorities to avoid "disable all labors on broker" ceremony etc

Stick 'im in a burrow.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 373