Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23

Author Topic: Pokemon Omicron Blind Epilogue  (Read 129023 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Omicron Blind Episode 53: Border crossing
« Reply #315 on: December 21, 2014, 06:34:16 am »

The Oceania comment is a reference to 1984. Famous book; you should read it!

Interesting how levels start to matter less as they get higher. A team of level 12s could never have beaten 22s, but 82 to 92 seems much more even. Still, that was a bit of a level jump!

They do matter a lot, it is just that strategy starts to win out.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pokemon Omicron Blind Episode 55: SPACETIME!
« Reply #316 on: December 23, 2014, 01:15:00 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Team (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Omicron Blind Episode 55: SPACETIME!
« Reply #317 on: December 23, 2014, 02:53:42 pm »

Yup, Xerneas is X's box-art legendary.

As for Meloetta, that's one of the things I was talking about when I mentioned that they added some things from fan projects they liked - apparently that's 'Evil' Meloetta from a project called Evoas, which has since been killed by Nintendo legal action. And yeah, checking the Z/O wiki, she is kind of glitched to hell. (You might be able to get her back to a normal Meloetta form later, using stuff like Relic Song from the Event Tutor to change her form in combat, but I'm not sure.)
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 23, 2014, 03:04:05 pm »

I always thought Arceus was more like Azathoth, in the sense of creating the universe largely by accident.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 26, 2014, 12:10:02 pm »

Yup, Xerneas is X's box-art legendary.

As for Meloetta, that's one of the things I was talking about when I mentioned that they added some things from fan projects they liked - apparently that's 'Evil' Meloetta from a project called Evoas, which has since been killed by Nintendo legal action. And yeah, checking the Z/O wiki, she is kind of glitched to hell. (You might be able to get her back to a normal Meloetta form later, using stuff like Relic Song from the Event Tutor to change her form in combat, but I'm not sure.)

Actually, after using the Master Ball, she was back to normal in the box. There's an NPC in Cephei Town that teaches her Relic Song, since I don't recall the Event Tutor actually having it.

I started poking legendaries towards the Turkana Stone to get Plates. Diancie and Xerneas did not trigger it- actually Diancie did, but only for the Stone Plate, not the Pixie Plate. The only plate I'm missing now is the Spooky Plate, disregarding the Divine Plate(which does not actually exist in canon). I also did another sweep of Vesryn for Wormhole spots, and found two more, one with Milotic's Mega-Stone, and the replacer for Wormhole(of course, it has to be the last one I find >_<).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pokemon Omicron Blind Episode 56: This daily grind
« Reply #320 on: January 03, 2015, 01:42:54 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Team(sorta) (click to show/hide)

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Omicron Blind Episode 56: This daily grind
« Reply #321 on: January 03, 2015, 06:02:45 pm »

Yup, Spikes can stack up to three times. (And Toxic Spikes stacks twice, with the second upgrading to Toxic-style poison)

Mega-Aggron loses its Rock typing, becoming pure Steel. That's why it loses vulnerability to Scald.

As for transforming Deoxys, from 4th Gen onwards, they typically have fallen meteorites that change him to whatever. One game had them littering a route, while others have them found in a museum. I'd guess there's something like that in O/Z.
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 03, 2015, 07:09:10 pm »

Also, Mega Aggron's ability is Filter, which explains Head Smash's recoil and (along with its base 230 defense) V-Create's lackluster damage.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 09, 2015, 08:56:37 am »

The final update is going to take... awhile. The game is quite blatantly cheating, with defeats resulting solely from said cheating.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pokemon Omicron Blind Episode 57: I am very angry this morning
« Reply #324 on: January 17, 2015, 12:46:00 pm »

EDIT: I've downloaded the 1.4.10 patch. The changelog doesn't mention anything about the bullcrap, though. I did also download a few graphic replacers(Melly's UI Mega Overhaul to be exact), so the next one should have a better graphic quality.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 01:27:45 pm by Akura »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Omicron Blind Episode 57: I am very angry this morning
« Reply #325 on: January 17, 2015, 01:45:02 pm »

I'm assuming Zangoose had Toxic Boost.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 17, 2015, 03:44:23 pm »

I see you're having fun with the Smogon ban lists, eh?  :P
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 17, 2015, 05:48:07 pm »

Actually, it's Sabrina's HG/SS outfit. Her FR/LG outfit is some sort of red and black skintight catsuit, so I'm not sure I'd say it's much more practical.

I like the FR/LG sprite better, though, since she looks severe and focused like she was some kind of - I dunno - psychic gym leader, while her HG/SS sprite looks like she mellowed out and became a new age hippy weightlifter. (Seriously, it looks like she stole Chun-Li's wrist weights and replaced the spikes with tron lines.)

Also, there's supposed to be some more quests floating around, I hear. Regigigas, Arceus, and so on. Something involving that guy in one of the early towns who can put you into photos or something, as well. Might be worth an update or two, if you want to spend some time away from the b.s. battle frontier stuff.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 18, 2015, 01:05:28 pm »

Something involving that guy in one of the early towns who can put you into photos or something, as well. Might be worth an update or two, if you want to spend some time away from the b.s. battle frontier stuff.
I've become aware of this last one, but I didn't get around to it, since a certain item I thought I had in my inventory somehow wasn't(though I've since re-acquired it). Maybe it'll help with the challenge championship, assuming the result isn't banned.

About Sabrina, I could of sworn it was her FR/LG outfit, since I haven't gotten around to HG/SS. I guess the change from serious to mellow between games could be reference to the anime, where Sabrina was initially a borderline Alma up until Ash's Haunter tried to kill her(via suicide bomb), which she thought was funny enough to completely break her or something.

I'm assuming Zangoose had Toxic Boost.
I guess that makes more sense. Didn't matter, he went down from one hit.

I see you're having fun with the Smogon ban lists, eh?  :P
>:(

...Why are they using the Smogon ban list, if Smogon didn't exist until after Z/O was released?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pokemon Omicron Blind Episode 58: My god that's a literal description!
« Reply #329 on: January 24, 2015, 01:14:03 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23