Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 571 572 [573] 574 575 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1561595 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 8582 chuckles and counting
« Reply #8580 on: March 15, 2018, 09:38:13 am »

Popped in my head and I gotta share it for some reason:

Bill: Ok, fess up, you swore if we made it out of that, you'd tell me your name. Doctor What?
12th: You're really gonna make me do this?
Bill: Shyeah, I'm waiting.
12th: Goddammit... fine... *sighs loudly*
Bill: ...well?
12th: It's Keith, ok? It's fucking Keith, now do you see why I don't tell anyone?
Bill: O.o Shit, sorry man...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8581 on: March 15, 2018, 11:51:27 am »

we need words for referring to male or female though, because without it makes it much harder to describe someone helpfully

I dunno about German, but in Ukrainian, even inanimate objects have genders. "Nose" is masculine, "hair" is feminine, "eye" is neuter, etc. It doesn't make that much sense, really.
Portuguese is like that, except there is no neuter. Not a lot of fuss over it though, especially since an easy solution was found whenever someone gets offended: swapping the last vowel (which is usually what determines the gender of the word) for @ or x, based on preference.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8582 on: March 15, 2018, 12:12:12 pm »

For '-at'? I suspect the @ symbol is supposed to be something with an accent, but it got mistyped.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8583 on: March 15, 2018, 12:18:57 pm »

For '-at'? I suspect the @ symbol is supposed to be something with an accent, but it got mistyped.
No. @ is called "arroba" in portuguese, but the reason it is used is because it's an "a" (which usually indicates a female-gendered word) inside an "o" (which indicates male gender). So instead of typing/writing "amigo(a)s", you go with "amig@s". Odd at first, but works surprisingly well.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8584 on: March 15, 2018, 12:22:15 pm »

Should use amigoannas. Were ruled by the lizardpeople, after all.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8585 on: March 15, 2018, 12:23:15 pm »

lol...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8586 on: March 15, 2018, 01:01:40 pm »

What are we ruled by now? /apostrophepleaae
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8587 on: March 15, 2018, 01:07:07 pm »

What are we ruled by now? /apostrophepleaae
Fake Old news. We are ruled by Birdpeople Illuminati now.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8588 on: March 15, 2018, 08:35:11 pm »

Im pretty sure its still lizardpeople. Birdpeople would take better care of our infrastructure while kicking us out of it
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8589 on: March 15, 2018, 08:46:40 pm »

Bird people wouldn't need much ground infrastructure, assuming they were capable of flight.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8590 on: March 15, 2018, 08:50:37 pm »

humans can run, therefore chairs are useless
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8591 on: March 16, 2018, 10:33:15 am »

Watched a few lets plays of One Hour One Life, it's rather funny when the person recording gets picked up as a baby and dumped in the wilderness by their mother.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8592 on: March 17, 2018, 07:28:22 pm »

Infinite competitive dungeon society. MC duking it out with boss, mounted dullahan. Knocks out horse, breaks boss's weapon. Dullahan proceeds to pick up horse by its leg and try to beat the protag to death with the entire horse.

Cannot help but laugh. That's a bit of absurdity I'm pretty sure I've never seen put to print before :3
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8593 on: March 17, 2018, 08:41:24 pm »

Watched a few lets plays of One Hour One Life, it's rather funny when the person recording gets picked up as a baby and dumped in the wilderness by their mother.

Considering how fast food apparently runs out in one area, that was to ensure baby's survival.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8594 on: March 18, 2018, 09:31:27 am »

Considering how fast food apparently runs out in one area, that was to ensure baby's survival.

Heh, not really, it's to avoid overpopulating a settlement with too many mouths to feed. An ideal location managed properly can last more or less indefinitely, but usually only sustain 5-8 people at a time with early tech. If the people can get to the pie making stage and keep production reliable from there they can stockpile years worth of food, but one too many mouths to feed or a careless hunter can ruin the whole thing. One generation is all it takes for things to break down.

Common exchange is 'We have too many babies. No more,' followed by someone getting either ignored till they starve or being carried away into the wilds to die.

Furthest I think anyone's got so far is gold crafting, but the main obstacle to progression is people not obeying the three laws* and ruining the ecosystem or a settlement dying out due to lack of births and their organisation methods and tech being forgotten. Good settlements can support one or two people mucking about with tech while the others manage food, but it makes for slow progress and a lot of effort spent on staying in place since each new generation often needs taught to do a job.

*The three laws are basic player made rules to avoid ruining replenishing resources, basically don't hunt animals to extinction, don't fully drain water sources and only harvest milkweed (which is used to make rope) at the growth stage that it can regrow from.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.
Pages: 1 ... 571 572 [573] 574 575 ... 879