Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2840 2841 [2842] 2843 2844 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3532044 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: I AM SO SMRT Edition
« Reply #42615 on: September 03, 2014, 07:31:09 pm »

Nothing pisses me off more than two things:
1. Stuff I don't understand.
2. Stuff that I feel is a waste of my time.

Pre-calculus class, so far, fulfills both of these quite well.
Look at me, I can solve this ridiculously difficult math that the teacher vaguely explained how to do,
but WAIT, the last 10 or so problems throw in some sort of twist that completely invalidates everything we were told how to do!
So I spend the last two hours of my life looking at the answers to these problems and trying to figure out how the book got those answers.

Seriously, when the hell will factoring a polynomial with a bajillion factors ever be a skill I need.
Between this, and other events during the day, I am in the most angry, depressed, pissy mood I have ever been in in my life and now that I finally have free time I don't want to do anything but rant about it.
* Kevak huggles.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #42616 on: September 03, 2014, 07:31:17 pm »

So, sometimes people wonder what crocodiles taste like, or camel spiders, or mountain oysters, or whatever. I wonder what furries taste like. Does their flesh bear any resemblance to the animals they mimic?
Yes!

When they're this kind of furry.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42617 on: September 03, 2014, 07:32:04 pm »

@Face: Might not help in class or with tests, but... wolfram alpha? I found it's pretty decent at telling some of the less immediately applicable mathematics to go bugger themselves.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42618 on: September 03, 2014, 07:33:06 pm »

So, sometimes people wonder what crocodiles taste like, or camel spiders, or mountain oysters, or whatever. I wonder what furries taste like. Does their flesh bear any resemblance to the animals they mimic?
Yes!

When they're this kind of furry.
That ish amusing~

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #42619 on: September 03, 2014, 07:39:57 pm »

This kind of shit is part of why the furry community has a bad name. Not everybody in it is insane, and a lot of the people only consider themselves furries due to supernumerary phantom limb caused by abnormal nervegrowth and nerve stubs and a lack of a better group or community for that thing. The problem is that the insane ones are the most vocal and easy to see. It's rather annoying. The crazies should keep to themselves no matter where they are found rather then be as bloody vocal as possible.

So you're telling me furries are furries because they have phantom tail syndrome?  ???

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #42620 on: September 03, 2014, 07:43:03 pm »

Yes.

And now it's Weasel Furry Stomping Day.

The insane kind of furry stomping, mind you.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #42621 on: September 03, 2014, 07:48:03 pm »

Look at me, I can solve this ridiculously difficult math that the teacher vaguely explained how to do,
but WAIT, the last 10 or so problems throw in some sort of twist that completely invalidates everything we were told how to do!
So I spend the last two hours of my life looking at the answers to these problems and trying to figure out how the book got those answers.

This was me, to a T, throughout highschool, except in lower level classes. I'd give a 110% to classes I liked and was good at. Math though, became such a burden to me eventually I treated it with contempt. It was like, not only do I suck at this, I don't even fucking care about it!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42622 on: September 03, 2014, 07:51:18 pm »

This kind of shit is part of why the furry community has a bad name. Not everybody in it is insane, and a lot of the people only consider themselves furries due to supernumerary phantom limb caused by abnormal nervegrowth and nerve stubs and a lack of a better group or community for that thing. The problem is that the insane ones are the most vocal and easy to see. It's rather annoying. The crazies should keep to themselves no matter where they are found rather then be as bloody vocal as possible.

So you're telling me furries are furries because they have phantom tail syndrome?  ???
Some~ Not all, simply some.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #42623 on: September 03, 2014, 07:54:02 pm »

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #42624 on: September 03, 2014, 07:58:41 pm »

I'M PERV/PEDO BAIT IN MY HEART!!!!!
LoL I would tell you its a joke but the would not be funny
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #42626 on: September 03, 2014, 08:09:45 pm »

Nothing pisses me off more than two things:
1. Stuff I don't understand.
2. Stuff that I feel is a waste of my time.

Seriously, when the hell will factoring a polynomial with a bajillion factors ever be a skill I need.
Between this, and other events during the day, I am in the most angry, depressed, pissy mood I have ever been in in my life and now that I finally have free time I don't want to do anything but rant about it.

At least yours probably makes sense to you. My Math 1730 Precalculus class has concepts up for review that I have never seen before in my life. I'm actually getting the feeling that Calculus would be easier, from what my dormmate has told me of it. It certainly is what I need to be taking anyways, for my major (yay lots of things with high-level calculus prerequisites), but I was 1 point below the cutoff in my ACT math subscore.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 08:12:30 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #42627 on: September 03, 2014, 08:12:21 pm »

I don't even fucking care about it!
Your rage wounds me, but it's probably your teacher's fault.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #42628 on: September 03, 2014, 08:15:39 pm »

As an adult I get why "Math" is important and it was more my ego being hurt that, where most other shit clicked, Math was an intellectual wall.

As a teenager it was the one class that caused me pain and doubt (and it goes way back, I remember having anxiety attack during timed tests in grade school, where I was otherwise in "gifted" programs) so I pretty much laid that at Math's feet.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 08:17:34 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #42629 on: September 03, 2014, 08:30:21 pm »

Why am I the only person who seems to actually try and check my PMs/reply to them?

Its like erry time I PM someone I feel like I'm ignored for a month, and there are some replies I'm STILL waiting on...
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 2840 2841 [2842] 2843 2844 ... 3345