Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 44

Author Topic: The Lone Isle RPG : Concluded.  (Read 29764 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: The Lone Isle RPG
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2013, 03:00:36 pm »

5 figures sit around the table. Two drow, one with her blade in pride of place across her back and a look of alertness in her eyes as she nurses a strange drink, the other cloaked, playing with a pair of ornate dice upon the table, and taking gulps of ale from his tankard. A human, also cloaked, sits between them, firewhisky from the southern orc cities in hand, whilst to either side of the trio sit an elf and a mira, the elf wearing a face scarf and sipping water, and the mira contrasting her companions with a martini.
 Having left the drinks, the barman turns and places a sheaf of papers on the table.
 ‘You look new around here, so here’s the score. First round is on the captains guild, and in return I give you the run down for whatever jobs they want running. i get cash, they get workers, and you get drinks. Everyone’s happy.’
 He flips nonchalantly through the first few pages of paper.
 ‘Boring..... boring.....ah, here’s a couple. Captain of the Glory of Vardus is after a bit of pirate protection, sure he’ll tell you he’s all higher and mightier than you whilst he’s at it, but drop off is at whatever port he pulls into, doesn’t specify..... group of dwarves want guards for a shipment of cloth and the like for their mountainhomes. Apparently it’s for their king, so very important or summat...... Oh, and apparently one of the captains, a Cap’n Ross of the Voyager says here, is running some errands for the mad alchemist fellow out in the bay. Could get interesting. But anyways, welcome to the city of mists. Feel free to look around, just avoid the fish markets. Den of thieves in that crowd, not to mention the stink. Though it’s all part of the experience I s’pose. Anyway, I’ll be over the bar if you get the urge to pay for a drink, and stay outta’ trouble. My patrons, my justice I always say.’
 With that he winks at the group and walks off in the direction of a side door, the crowds closing behind him. the group sits in silence, waiting for one of them to speak first.....

Spoiler: Clair Sky (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ryxa Hunneld (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kyle Johnson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rylash (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Selina Tano (click to show/hide)
((Note: equipment shown here is only what's visible. more detailed lists are found in the PMs))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2013, 03:05:36 pm »

Introduce myself to those around the table. Ask their opinion on the job offered. Use few words and speak in a nuetral voice. (more later, I have some school work to do)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2013, 03:07:49 pm »

((feel free to RP chat yourselves. After all, you know your characters better than I do :P ))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2013, 03:11:18 pm »

Kyle speaks first.
"So they have a thieves den here? Sounds like my type of place."
He takes a sip of his firewhiskey.
"But I don't think getting trouble like that right away is a good idea. Names Kyle by the way."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2013, 03:22:29 pm »

Rylash perks up at the mention of the thieves den, "Well Kyle, after we get an assured boat outta this place I'd be happy to run distraction for you to cut into the local erm, den profits.  I'm Rylash anyhow."  He takes a slow slug of ale before continuing, "I think, with the except of the Mira and the elf who's personal morales I won't make a guess at, none of us would get along with that Glory of Vardus bloke.  The dwarfs just sound like a boring damn mission unless you lot feel like erm well... taking the shipment... *ahem*  Personally the mad alchemist sounds the most interesting, while the pirate protect's client would drive us nuts but at least offer some action."
Nom nom nom

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2013, 03:30:28 pm »

Spoiler: pic related (click to show/hide)
The mira finished her drink "My name is Clair, a Journeyman of the sun order-" she pauses "Journeywoman? As for the jobs, I like the sound of the dwarves, if it for their king, the pay must be good. plus I may find info about Janho(The dwarf in her bio)." She mumble the last part.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2013, 03:33:45 pm »

Kyle takes a look around the bar. Specifically around the level of where people keep their cash.
"Well, boring can be good. I know from sleeping with the daughter of the guard captain that a lot of boring things are good."
Kyle gives a visible shiver from that particular memory.
"But I think taking a boring job that let's us meet someone important is a good idea. So I'll probably be ... well... you know."
Kyle to get rid of the awkwardness downs the rest of his drink.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2013, 03:45:32 pm »

"Hum, that does raise the question of what the dwarves are moving that is valuable enough to merit hiring a group of people who are a bit... odd for normal merchant guards.  It's either some really good cloth, or they expect trouble...  I'd be in for it, who knows maybe there will be a pirate attack and well, I'm sure the dwarves have a lot of gold to gamble away at least."
    Rylash sets the dice spinning on the table like a pair of tops, "So, who would prefer to do the talking for us?  I'm not afraid to admit that a drow who refuses to tell anyone his last name, and carry's a sword would likely give us a really bad rap."  He lowers his voice a bit to sound sinister, "Which of course, makes it very hard to do bad things, hahahah."  He laughs and takes a slug of his drink.
Nom nom nom

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2013, 03:56:02 pm »

"Well, as a mira(By the way, what does a mira look like? I'm thinking a fish(wo)man), I probable the best, but my sun order membership could be good or bad." Clair volunteered.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2013, 04:00:02 pm »

"I came here for work and i have no quams with helping merchants." Selina says in a nuetral tone.

Looks at Kyle. "If you try anything while we're at the same table, you'll see get to see stars." Selina says coldly.
[/quote]

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2013, 04:51:51 pm »

Am I allowed to make a roll to charm a teammate?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2013, 04:56:45 pm »

Waitlist, if possible.

Spoiler: Krom the Wise (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2013, 05:04:08 pm »

Kyle rolls his eyes.
"Honey, if I wanted to pickpocket you I would have by now. But anyways I'm going to grab another firewhiskey."
And with that Kyle gets up and goes over to the bar.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2013, 05:17:16 pm »

Ryxa sips her drink, feeling the pleasant 'sting' of the Scorpion Ale. It was made from actual scorpions, which at least proves how crazy Drow must seem to other races.

Either of her hands are never more than exactly four feet from her blade at any time.

She can fight just as well with her left or her right.

"So, who would prefer to do the talking for us?  I'm not afraid to admit that a drow who refuses to tell anyone his last name, and carry's a sword would likely give us a really bad rap."

She looks over at him. No threat to her in an open fight-which he would avoid, if possible. Hidden weapons on his person, she thinks. Watch your back. Not a few Swordsmasters tend to end up dead with a dagger in their back.

"My name is Ryxa Hunneld. And, I'm carrying a better sword than you. I can use it mine much better, as well." She says proudly. She chose the name herself once she was old enough to, with her second name being from the man who had refined her blade art when she joined the 101. Her parents had not been studious enough to lend the slavers any clues that could one day lead her back to them...lucky them.

"I have no strong like of any of these jobs...but the Dwarves will probably pay us well...they tend to value a fair deal, even to Drow..."

Ryxa doubted it. She longed to test herself against a worthy foe...but failing that, she still had to eat.

Looks at Kyle. "If you try anything while we're at the same table, you'll see get to see stars." Selina says coldly.

"I hope you know, we're not all like that. Some of us have our honor." She says, with an amused smile.

Ryxa thinks she doesn't have that coldness in her eyes that suggests she can kill without thought of consequence...but yet, she is a killer. The scar across her face does not come from a mortal blade, she notes-the scarf perhaps meant to hide it, merely accentuates the wound to one with good eyes. Perhaps some sort of magician. Not a real threat in an open fight.

Of course, Ryxa is wise enough to know open fights are usually quite rare.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 05:30:24 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2013, 05:28:57 pm »

"I don't discriminate between races. Its the personality that matters. If your known for associating with a thief, you don't get much work. The Drow reputation is undeserved in individuals." (My face is covered by the way, the only thing visible is my left eye and hair)
[/quote]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 44