Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 497961 times)

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Offline
« Reply #465 on: August 04, 2010, 06:12:19 pm »

Hey, if it had been anything but a red herring, we wouldn't have been able to destroy it.

Video game logic, my friends.

Spectre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 04, 2010, 06:15:11 pm »

Conservation Of Detail

And he went out of his way only to respond to your trolling.

Also he wrote he forgot the arrangement, although you didnt mentiont that. I did.

Obvious troll-conter-troll

Edit:
And in this game, we can do a lot. He rewrites the riddles to an extend on what we do. This is not a video game.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 06:16:58 pm by Spectre »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 04, 2010, 06:23:53 pm »

Great, there goes our chance to use the chess board if we really needed the chessboard intact. [sarcasm]Great job Lucus. You're so helpful.[/sarcasm] ::)
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 04, 2010, 06:26:02 pm »

Shoot me if it actually becomes unwinnable.  Until then, you can thank me for taking away an obvious potential solution.

Spectre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 04, 2010, 06:27:09 pm »

Shoot me if it actually becomes unwinnable.  Until then, you can thank me for taking away an obvious potential solution.
Point given.

But it's not like there was the plausible possibility that there was a switch inside the board anyway.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 06:30:17 pm by Spectre »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 04, 2010, 06:30:30 pm »

It'll never be unwinable, but it can become a whole lot freaking harder.

Point given.
Ummmm... Point given? What do you mean by that? Do you mean point taken?

But it's not like there was the plausible possibility that there was a switch inside the board anyway.
After all the wacky things we've seen so far, I'd say it's possible.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 04, 2010, 06:36:03 pm »

Meh, it PROBABLY won't be a problem, since we DO remember the formation of the pieces.(and I'm copying that picture to my hard drive, just in case Retro edits it out)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Spectre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 04, 2010, 06:36:30 pm »

Uhm yeah. Point taken.

No, I bet there is a square with 64 small squares and we have to push buttons or something.

Meh, it PROBABLY won't be a problem, since we DO remember the formation of the pieces.(and I'm copying that picture to my hard drive, just in case Retro edits it out)
I already did that xD

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 04, 2010, 06:48:09 pm »

Inspect the fruit and picture.
Look inside the cabinet.
Die from horrific chess-related constipation.

Spectre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 04, 2010, 06:49:34 pm »

I already did that.
Oh, absolutly forgot. Before we move on:

Check the cabinet. Inside as well as under it and behind. Also, check the fruit bowl and picture. Check the fruit bowl for hidden items. Then take two apples/oranges/whatever. Eat one and offer the other one to the dog. Then empty the bowl into our bag.

I just want to point out, in case you didnt notice or were to lazy, the map is the floor we are currently on.
Here is what I mean:

Check the incinerator room door
Go into the unlabeled room with the salon door.

Edit: Updated the map.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 04, 2010, 11:59:39 pm »

>Chess pieces were composed of pure caffeine and sugar, tear doors from hinges and wreck room...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 05, 2010, 12:01:45 am »

>Chess pieces were composed of pure caffeine and sugar, tear doors from hinges and wreck room...
No, that's even more stupid then destroying the chessboard.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 05, 2010, 09:30:11 am »

Just start bashing things with the crowbar. Starting with the doors. I find it plausible that we could force our way through a door with that thing given some time. Unless those are the kind of stupid plot doors where you absolutely NEED the right key to get through.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 05, 2010, 11:03:29 am »

I'll bet you ten dollars that Retro posted that update as a joke. He wouldn't have seriously just picked the ONE action that we didn't want to happen without doing all the rest first. Also, the dog is missing. That means it was just a fantasy of AG. It'll be retconned, just you watch.

EDIT: Also, if the character forgot where the chess pieces were, he's not going to let you tell the character exactly which ones they were. That's just bad gaming. Plus, AG has shown he has a ridiculously good memory, as evidenced by the three seconds he looked at the letters on the mirror, and yet memorized them flawlessly after almost being eaten by a dark spaghetti monster.

EDIT AGAIN: Of course, by mentioning this, I bet the thought will cross Retro's mind to keep that panel as canon.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 11:06:00 am by Tylui »

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Short Update #2
« Reply #479 on: August 05, 2010, 03:00:04 pm »

Check the incinerator room door

You try the door. Locked, as usual. What is with this place being so hard to get around??

Check the cabinet. Inside as well as under it and behind.

There is nothing underneath it, nor can you budge it from the wall-- it appears to be affixed somehow. However, there is a curious thing within it.

You find a grey grid-looking thing. The squares are indentations; not buttons.

Also, check the fruit bowl. Then take two apples/oranges/whatever. Eat one and offer the other one to the dog. Then empty the bowl into our bag.

The fruit in the fruit bowl is... extremely rotten. You don't have much room left in your bag, either. You do, however, toss some to your doggy companion.

SLURP SCARF MUNCH CHEW GOBBLE SLOBBER

and picture.

It's some guy and the dog.

Check underneath the couch

Nope, nada.

try to enter the PAL room.

The knob is locked. However, the skeleton's key works here.

You find yourself in a small, kinda dingy room. The only things of note are a crappy mattress and blanket, a box, and a door with water leaking out from underneath it.

Mosey through the saloon type door.

Just like that? Don't be ridiculous. The doors don't budge and you can neither jump over nor crawl under them until the puzzle is solved.

Just kidding! You tip your hat and mosey as best you can. Your nameless canine companion, now finished his slobbery meal, follows you.

You arrive in some kind of kitchen. A counter runs along the far wall, with a fridge, a cupboard, a drawer, a sink (thankfully without any mirror this time), an open, scorching oven, and two devices you don't know what to make of. One of them has a glass tube connected to it.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 168