Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1082389 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: In beta MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3285 on: October 16, 2012, 12:28:39 pm »

Well, i'm playing on thebe atm. And i would like to stay there :(

Either way, shotties ARE kinda OP.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: October 16, 2012, 01:38:54 pm »

Thebe. Go on thebe. We have an outfit on thebe, we can actually get a squad together now and again. So do it.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: October 16, 2012, 01:44:04 pm »

We had a nice push north on thebe. Had some nice discussion with some TR's about how OP shotties are in general and especially so on infiltrators. Had some nice fights, we took east canyon checkpoint and the thing directly north of that, but then we lost it and had to pull back and ended up defending it again. Oh, and we made fun of vanu. Because everybody loves making fun of vanu. TR and NC are like bros. And vanu is the annoying kid in school that annoys them all the time.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: October 16, 2012, 06:43:15 pm »

Sent.

Received.  Thank you.
Will register shortly.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: October 16, 2012, 07:41:06 pm »

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/16/incoming-major-planetside-2-changes/

Not much new, but Auraxium is confirmed out next patch, cert gain is increased approx. 4x, there WILL be 3 continents at launch, and they're working on benifits for controlling bases and locking continents.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: October 16, 2012, 07:48:34 pm »

Heading online if someone is on to invite me, finally have interwebs again!

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: October 16, 2012, 07:55:24 pm »

Same nick?

EDIT: Just got the reavers A2A misiles i havent tested them yet, but for 12500 auraxium i hope they carry nuclear warheads or something.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 08:07:32 pm by ukulele »

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: October 16, 2012, 08:05:21 pm »

Same nick?

Thanks for the invite!

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: October 16, 2012, 09:37:19 pm »

Anyone about to give me an invite as well? Same nick.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: October 16, 2012, 09:39:18 pm »

Same nick?

EDIT: Just got the reavers A2A misiles i havent tested them yet, but for 12500 auraxium i hope they carry nuclear warheads or something.
They used to. They got mega nerfed and they needed it too. I think they're still useable but consensus says not quite worth the 12500.

Speaking of things never being worth it... Auraxium axed? Just axed? Or is it gone 'as a resource'? Regardless this is a degree of listening to things that just doesn't fucking happen normally. I'm impressed that they're deciding to change up the system.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: October 16, 2012, 09:48:21 pm »

Speaking of things never being worth it... Auraxium axed? Just axed? Or is it gone 'as a resource'? Regardless this is a degree of listening to things that just doesn't fucking happen normally. I'm impressed that they're deciding to change up the system.
Axed, and fused into certifications.

One thing I'd like to see though is instead of removing auraxium, nuke the other three resources and replace them universally with auraxium, all vehicles, max suits, and single use items would be bought with auraxium. While certifications take the current functionality of auraxium as they are planning to do now.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: October 16, 2012, 10:24:29 pm »

Axed, and fused into certifications.

One thing I'd like to see though is instead of removing auraxium, nuke the other three resources and replace them universally with auraxium, all vehicles, max suits, and single use items would be bought with auraxium. While certifications take the current functionality of auraxium as they are planning to do now.

I have to agree with this. While in theory I see why they've divided them into three resources, in practice it just doesn't seem to add much to the game.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: October 16, 2012, 10:44:25 pm »

Huh, awesome.
Trying to download and nothing's happening, then suddenly, after twenty minutes of white window, MacAfee tosses up a big red box asking, "Do you really want to go to this site?  It's been reported as dangerous"

Looks like they might have heard about Sony On-line, eh?
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: October 17, 2012, 12:47:47 am »

My experience just now:
Spot an NC at medium-close range. Shoot them with a default TR gun for around half a second before hearing a weak thput sound. Fall over dead from full shields and health. Observe that enemy NC had a "Jackhammer," which is described as "Legendary" in the description on the death screen. Ragequit.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: October 17, 2012, 12:59:53 am »

I was wrong in my last post. I actually have 123 cert points.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 826