Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1083907 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Explosive Extraction
« Reply #3345 on: January 30, 2015, 01:34:26 pm »

Pfp
<She, and there isn't really a term for what I am, but 'fire spirit' is close. Who I am is Irine. And I won't burn you if you don't attack me, like I said. Don't worry.>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3346 on: January 30, 2015, 02:14:44 pm »

Pfp
<She, and there isn't really a term for what I am, but 'fire spirit' is close. Who I am is Irine. And I won't burn you if you don't attack me, like I said. Don't worry.>
The man starts calming down a bit as he speaks.
"Uh... Sure. Good to meet you Irene. It's good that you're not trying to burn us. Sorry. Your fire is scary. And fire things are not usually calm. And there was a lot of fire here. And many fire things have tried to burn me recently. And many not fire things have tried to eat me recently. And many have tried to take my food. And Beastmen are-"
The other man grabs the man and pulls him towards him.
"We're sorry for bothering you, fire spirit. he says, looking at you.
My cousin talks too much. We'll take the water we need and be out of your way."
"Uh, okay. Goodbye. Nice meeting you." the man says as he is almost dragged away.
"Ssshhh. Now come over here and stop talking." they continue speaking to each other with whispers.
"But why? She seemed nice."
"Because we can't-"
"Look. She can clearly hear us whispering. We'll talk about it later. Now let's get that water back to the others."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: January 30, 2015, 02:49:17 pm »

Pfp

<I like your cousin, he's honest.>
To 'cousin' only: <Choose your friends carefully.>
Good to go / leave
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: January 30, 2015, 02:54:57 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

Presumably make an entry dynamic to the point where it could be described best as "re-entry". Carefully, though.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3349 on: January 30, 2015, 03:01:22 pm »

@Lenglon & Harry Baldman: A bit busy now, but can I assume you'll keep following River and doing what he asks? Which is just creating an orb of fire and holding it a bit higher than the ground in the hopes of attracting those things?

Just asking so that we can keep things moving, skip to the next part of the reviving process, since barring any other random events there is nothing except walking and gathering those things in this part and I can take care of those with a few rolls.

Or do you want to talk some more or RP some of that part?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: January 30, 2015, 03:06:47 pm »

Will do as he asks, yes

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: January 30, 2015, 03:08:22 pm »

@Lenglon & Harry Baldman: A bit busy now, but can I assume you'll keep following River and doing what he asks? Which is just creating an orb of fire and holding it a bit higher than the ground in the hopes of attracting those things?

Just asking so that we can keep things moving, skip to the next part of the reviving process, since barring any other random events there is nothing except walking and gathering those things in this part and I can take care of those with a few rolls.

Or do you want to talk some more or RP some of that part?

((Oh, you can automate Ike this way unless he arrives with such good timing that he brushes past those three dudes currently on the way out. On with the sequence!))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: January 31, 2015, 10:19:23 am »

Bryan survival
Just focus on getting off the hood safely, maybe roll off the side and use whatever telekinetic force i can to cushion the fall. But don't back up
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: January 31, 2015, 10:35:58 am »

survival
Well, this isn't good. Crash through the building next to me. If that doesn't work, find something big in the alley, and throw it at the mob guys. I either case, try to escape
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: February 02, 2015, 08:58:23 am »

((I'm looking forward to when Zech finds out what we've been using as our primary food source. It's a non-issue for the non-humans and Ike the ethic-less, but Zech might find human meat rather... distasteful.

at least in Irine's case, she's never had a food source that wasn't effectively her own children. why would some random human's meat even slow her down?))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3355 on: February 02, 2015, 10:50:50 am »

Campaign

((Oh, you can automate Ike this way unless he arrives with such good timing that he brushes past those three dudes currently on the way out. On with the sequence!))
((Nope. Different paths. They'd need to stall them for a long time for you to catch up. I guess you could spot them from afar as you made your way to the others, if you were lucky. Let's see... nope. Anyway.))

Irine and River make their way back to meet up with Ike, who arrives a while later, carefully holding Zechariah's soulsphere (should probably find/create something to carry more stuff then he can hold in his hands/pockets). He is rewarded for his effort with a bucket of water which he uses to quench his thirst.

They continue on, deeper into the city. There are a few differences today. Not only in its appearance, in how the dust and some buildings have shifted. But also on how it seems... quieter. The wind seems weaker, the volcano less active... Even the small bugs and rodents that have taken over the city seem to be staying in their homes. The group can occasionally spot some of those small floating things around, but River appears uninterested in them at the moment. The only moment they stop is when Ike hears one of those spheres that attacked him. River pushes them against a semi-collapsed wall and holds them there, his hands making their skin tingle. They can see the glow of the creature illuminating an adjacent street. It stops, but continues on a few seconds later, moving in a direction opposite to theirs.

Ike keeps turning around from time to time so that he can take a look on what is going on outside the city. The group approaching from the east meets up with whoever left the refugee camp. They're too far away to make out what's going on though and soon he looses track of who the one who left the refugee camp was. They stand around for a long time, before they begin approaching the camp.

It is around that time that they reach one of the few intact buildings in this area, a small squat sturdy-looking single storey thing with thick rock walls that have become cracked and burnt. The building adjacent to it has collapsed, allowing for easier access to its roof. River stops next to its entrance and takes a look inside.
"This will do." he states as he inspects what's left of the contents of the building, very likely some sort of store or repository for it is filled with a many rock objects, a few metal ones and large amounts of ash.
"Nobody must come in while I work. Nothing can interrupt me. Once I start, I can not stop."
He leaves the soulsphere inside and gets back out.
"Irine, if you still want to help, if you still want to lend me your strength, then you must come inside with me when it is time. You will not resist. You will not complain. Once it starts, you have to stay with me until the end."

With that, he turns around, jumps and climbs to the roof of the building with some effort.
"When you are ready. As much fire as you can. The more they can sense the better. Close to me. High. To escape the magic of the stone. Not too high. We do not want too much attention."
After he says so, he lies down on the roof and you can see him no longer.

Irine creates a small rotating pillar of fire and positions it exactly as requested. Not much time passes until the little things start approaching, moving towards the fire and rotating around it like burning leaves in a cyclone. They move around, some getting closer, others moving further away, each always slowly and harmoniously moving in their own particular manner. It takes a while for more of them to gather, although apparently not enough time to attract the attention of something else.
<I do not think we can wait any longer. Get ready to pull.> he eventually tells Irine.
<Ready... Now!>
Irine does her best to create a pyrokinetic field that pulls everything towards the roof. Unfortunately, she forgets to exclude her pillar of fire from that field, causing it to splash against the roof. Whoops. Hopefully River won't mind. The points of light immediately try to change and escape, many turning cyan, some brown, a few purple and a few disappear altogether. But at the same time the air around them shimmers and darkens, as if it is becoming more opaque. It shrinks and compresses itself into small dark spheres that fall onto the roof like rain.

River jumps down and lands on his side, trying his best to hold his left hand away from the ground and his body. Hovering above his palm is something that looks like a sphere made out of a mix of black and grey sludge, ever shifting, with blindingly bright light occasionally surfacing at the centre of a grey area only to get dragged down again a moment later. The fur near the top of his head looks slightly singed. The wire that was wrapped around his left hand is gone.
"I need to do it now!" he growls as he attempts to get up.
"I can not hold them for long."

((Good, got lucky. This could be over sooner than I thought.))

Survival

The Toxic Avenger - Escape
Survival

"Begone!"

Death to the traitor!
Bryan survival
Just focus on getting off the hood safely, maybe roll off the side and use whatever telekinetic force i can to cushion the fall. But don't back up
Bryan starts trying to push himself up while Saevus undoes his seatbelt and attempts to reach the steering wheel. That turns out to be a bad move however, as the following car opens fire, with one of the bullets hitting the car's front right wheel. With nobody currently holding the wheel, the car veers towards the right and starts dragging itself against the wall. The sudden deceleration causes Saevus to loose his hold, bounce left and then smash through the co-driver's seat. He thankfully doesn't hit anything important while doing so.

Bryan is in a much worse condition. He instinctively tries to hold on to the hood, but the deceleration sends him exactly where he doesn't want to go: towards the front of the car. Panicking, he directs a powerful telekinetic blast against the hood, sending it straight up. He flies up with it for a moment, before the air causes it to decelerate and flip. Acting like wings, the hood sends him straight down, crashing onto the pursuing car. Even though he's sure he's broken something and has trouble moving and breathing normally, he currently can't feel the pain. He looks behind him to see the driver and the gunner of the pursuing car looking at him with wide eyed surprise through the semi-crashed windshield.

Saevus hears the sound of an engine activating and revving, followed by a scream and the sound of flesh and bone being torn apart.

Survival

"I'm in no shape to take the wheel!"

Keep saving myself.
You are strapped securely to your seat with your seatbelt so your are not harmed too much by the collision. Some glass shards are launched your way and Saevus very narrowly avoids hitting you, but that's the least of your concerns right now.

The thing around your chest keeps expanding. It has become quite giant and heavy when it is finally done. But you guess it has to if it's going to process oxygen for you and/or pump the blood out of your lungs. You're starting to feel kinda dizzy (had to leave your ability on autopilot because of that), so you'll probably need all you can get. Although now that you think about it, you think you saw some strange pieces going in there... Let's do a quick check... Wait a second... This looks like an internal combustion engine... fuel reservoir... exhaust pipe... spring-based activation timer with audible notifier, ticking away... belt to transfer motion... three wheel adjustable length setup on movable drives to allow two degrees of freedom... connected to another wheel for the third degree... connected to a... wait, what's a chainsaw doing in there?

There is a ding, like one would expect from a kitchen timer. The engine in your chest activates, still burning exhaust escaping from the pipes going out its side. The heat from the engine is burning you. But that pain soon becomes negligible.

You scream. This is the sort of pain that makes you wish you would pass out. But you do not.

((I like how I can turn overshoots to elaborate torture medical machines.))

survival
Well, this isn't good. Crash through the building next to me. If that doesn't work, find something big in the alley, and throw it at the mob guys. I either case, try to escape
With no escape route in sight, you resort to make one. You run towards the wall of a nearby building with all your speed and hope this works, because if it doesn't, this is going to hurt, even for you. Not to mention that you'll probably die. As the wall approaches, you close your eyes and jump, trying to hit it with your uninjured shoulder. There's the sound of a crash, followed by a lot of pain. Doesn't feel like anything is broken, but it still hurt a lot.

You look around to see that you are in the storage area of some sort of store. Everything is covered in cloud of red dust, raised by the broken bricks lying scattered on the room's floor. It has some wooden crates in it with bottles of booze stacked on top of them, some of which have been broken now. The door leading to the front of the store is closed, but you guess it probably leads close to the main street and the police station.

The sound of crashes continues behind you. You look to see the hole you made starting to collapse. Along with part of the ceiling. Looks like those old buildings aren't very sturdy...

I'm going to be nice and tell you that there are cars at the front and boats at the back of the police station. You could try using those to escape. Although whatever you do, your odds aren't looking good right now.

OOC
Sorry for the delay. Was busy studying. And being an idiot. Sometimes I wonder how I haven't gotten myself killed yet.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: February 02, 2015, 11:18:47 am »

do still intend to help River and allow myself to be drained. I'm aware it will be uncomfortable and do not care.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: February 02, 2015, 11:35:19 am »

Survival, no matter the cost

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

((I'm the best doctor ever.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: February 02, 2015, 12:02:47 pm »

Survival

Take the wheel and drive away using the awesome driving skills of a magical medieval golem/robot. Attempt to blast away any projectiles and/or other cars.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: February 02, 2015, 01:55:43 pm »

((I'm looking forward to when Zech finds out what we've been using as our primary food source. It's a non-issue for the non-humans and Ike the ethic-less, but Zech might find human meat rather... distasteful.

at least in Irine's case, she's never had a food source that wasn't effectively her own children. why would some random human's meat even slow her down?))
((It'll definitely be an interesting dilemma, but I think that Zechariah's been through enough of a hellhole to recognize where survival proceeds over ethics. That's not to say that it probably won't make Zechariah despair more in the moment, but I think it won't kill him if he's forced to make that decision.

I don't know. Maybe if nobody tells him what the meat is, he won't even have to worry about it because he's that oblivious, and it's not like his interdimensional senses can discern different types of meat. If he does learn, well, it'll be a fun time then...))
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 521