Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1803260 times)

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tile support isn't merged in yet, so you'll have to wait.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We got proper psychedelics in the game yet ? My characters long to be tripping balls in the cataclysm universe.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 01:58:50 pm by Mookzen »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anybody have advice for somebody just starting out? I have no idea what to do.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Look around you world with "M". Do you see a small house (light green ^) isolated, ideally in the woods?  If so you should go there and set up a stockpile.

You need the following stuff:
a backpack
food/water
means of entertainment (drugs, books, booze)
means of education (books)
weapons (possibly ammo)

Desirable but harder to get items include:
crowbar (actually you can beat a pipe into one with a rock, but you need some survival skill)
bow
access to labs

Explore. Cheat if you feel like it (nothing like making yourself a cyborg or a mutant spider) or don't. Don't make too much noise and run like hell if you do.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Look around you world with "M". Do you see a small house (light green ^) isolated, ideally in the woods?  If so you should go there and set up a stockpile.

You need the following stuff:
a backpack
food/water
means of entertainment (drugs, books, booze)
means of education (books)
weapons (possibly ammo)

Desirable but harder to get items include:
crowbar (actually you can beat a pipe into one with a rock, but you need some survival skill)
bow
access to labs

Explore. Cheat if you feel like it (nothing like making yourself a cyborg or a mutant spider) or don't. Don't make too much noise and run like hell if you do.

Thanks! I'll try this.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

We got proper psychedelics in the game yet ? My characters long to be tripping balls in the cataclysm universe.
Hallucinations are very trippy. Eat all the mushrooms you can find, and take the schizophrenic perk.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can also play the experimental version and start as one of the addicted characters

Both the prostitute and the hobo will, if you don't indulge their cravings which will start within a half hour or so of game play, quickly begin hallucinating, as well as having a few other interesting/annoying symptoms.

Especially that poor prostitute.  4 attempts of going cold turkey with her resulted in 4 sudden deaths.  Heart attacks?  Withdrawl symptoms so bad they are lethal?  One day when I understand the game a bit better I'll try to save a 5th.

But that hobo, he's just addicted to alcohol.  Delirium tremens are so much fun, and don't tend to make you suddenly just drop dead without specific warning either.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

Am I the only one that would thing somemutations should give you pain?

Think the tentacle arm and tentacle leg ones.... wouldn't those hurt like hell, as you are pretty much losing all bone structure in your arms, sprouting new legs and pretty much just painfully transforming. I could be wrong or, it could be hand waved with a 'The mutagen has a pain dulling chemical in it to prevent going into shock' or something else like that, but I was just thinking the other than when I was playing around with mutagen.

Also, I was thinking of maybe getting a way to mutate schizophrenia. I mean we already have all this Cthulu stuff, why not have mutagen affect your brain just as well as it affects your body.

Note: THese are just ideas I thought of while playing, I didn't really spend much time thinking about them.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

Especially that poor prostitute.  4 attempts of going cold turkey with her resulted in 4 sudden deaths.  Heart attacks?  Withdrawl symptoms so bad they are lethal?  One day when I understand the game a bit better I'll try to save a 5th.
This has been fixed in the dev version so that withdrawal effects from things that wouldn't kill you IRL don't kill you in the game. (Funnily enough in real life it would be the hobo that could die from withdrawal, not the prostitute :P).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are zombie dogs immune to bear traps? Tried a trap-and-run character, which was working beautifully with the regular zombies but them zombies dogs just kept bounding straight over, homing in on my head.

Can confirm in the experimental version zombie dogs are not immune to bear traps, as I just managed to get an injured one to step into one.  It was killed outright and the cage was sprung like normal.

Found a crash bug in experimental though.

Had a few zombies after me, and a bunch of things to throw.  Ran out of things I usually throw, so kept backing away, throwing more and more stuff I don't usually throw.  Coats, soldering irons, the like.

Ran out of those, so looked further down my list.  Threw a pickle!  Threw a lemon!  Threw a strawberry!  Tried to throw an apple.  The game crashed.

Checked from the previous save, throwing that apple reliably crashes.

Created another game, specifically to test throwing apples, finally found one and yep, there's something about them apples and throwing.   :o
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 09:40:34 pm by Imp »
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

An apple a day keeps the dentist away.  You threw an apple at a zombie.  Zombies don't need dentists.  The formula for finding the effectiveness is

Number of apples divided by necessary number of dentists.

Obviously this causes a problem, as the universe tries to figure out if it needs infinite dentists or negative infinite dentists and flips it's shit.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

oh apple what cant you do?

wish there was more story to the game :P
i mean the sandbox is great and all but i feel that the game really needs a story.
i already played this more then skyrim... just wait 'till the factions come around

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile

story
factions

I REALLY hope there's something STALKER-esque about the factions and their relation to the plot. The game seems 60% there already, in tone.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

An apple a day keeps the dentist away.  You threw an apple at a zombie.  Zombies don't need dentists.  The formula for finding the effectiveness is

Number of apples divided by necessary number of dentists.

Obviously this causes a problem, as the universe tries to figure out if it needs infinite dentists or negative infinite dentists and flips it's shit.

This is unsiggable due to number of lines, right? If not, SIGGED!

[Edit]Drat, too many characters.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 11:00:15 pm by Elephant Parade »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Thanks for the thought anyway :)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 1086