Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1191700 times)

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 214 Plagiarism is flattery
« Reply #6810 on: January 14, 2017, 12:26:44 am »

((Subcolloid is the name I gave to the strange material that lacks a state of matter. It's included in one of Chorkinaan's more recent soliloquies.))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6811 on: January 14, 2017, 01:08:19 am »

Retrieve the dark cube and form an essence.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6812 on: January 14, 2017, 02:54:05 pm »

((Subcolloid is the name I gave to the strange material that lacks a state of matter. It's included in one of Chorkinaan's more recent soliloquies.))

((Yep. Got exactly what I intended, though, so the miscommunication doesn't really matter.))

Viznor began thinking about a practical problem that he had missed before, namely, how to carry this without silencing himself, but that could wait. Everything could wait until this blinding headache passed.

{Viznor: Blinding headache 2 turns, can't cast}
{Ethereal string: Controllable by thought, silences on touch, dimensions are negotiable.}

((Aaaaand the end roll didn't cooperate. Ah, well. There's a distinct sense of irony in that, and the string is well worth it.))

--------------------------------------------

"The... cord is very... nice.
ouch
Thank you for your... business and/or ow assistance."

With that, Viznor commands the ethereal string to wrap around his arm (or simply wraps it manually, if even that is too much mental effort) and stumbles into a nearby wall, shielding his eyes against the purple glow of the Tower.

He emerges in the general direction of Easter Sunday, give or take several meters.

"You... wanted a bow, right? I can... make one. Not right now, though, because ow."

Possible PM action as well.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 10:54:07 am by Whisperling »

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6813 on: January 14, 2017, 08:20:27 pm »

((Did I not say to respect royalty...))
4 essences
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 05:38:25 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6814 on: January 15, 2017, 08:36:18 am »

"A bow would be nice, but armor would be preferable. If you can't make armor though, a bow would be fine. What would you want in payment?"

If he can, Easter Sunday tries to make 3 essence. If not, he orders the Queen Wasp to carry on laying eggs.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6815 on: January 15, 2017, 08:15:04 pm »

Pocket the needle, carefully. Then make 4 essences.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6816 on: January 16, 2017, 12:17:44 am »

"Interesting... Tangible reality and Lumui power... So very interesting."

Try to pick up painted compass. It could be a valuable clue to the puzzle and a good instrument of orientating oneself in many Tower halls. Follow its directions to see if it actively leads somewhere or if reality changes to match it.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6817 on: January 16, 2017, 10:48:25 am »

"A bow would be nice, but armor would be preferable. If you can't make armor though, a bow would be fine. What would you want in payment?"

If he can, Easter Sunday tries to make 3 essence. If not, he orders the Queen Wasp to carry on laying eggs.

"It is entirely... within my capabilities (argh), though not when something is... taking a sledgehammer to the inside of my... skull.

In return ow, I would like a talisman... which grants me... the dexterity of an insect, and possibly... ow the speed as well. I would assist... you to increase... its potency."

"Ow."

TheLastDino

• Bay Watcher
  • Prefers not to die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6818 on: January 16, 2017, 07:48:55 pm »

Name: Markus
Affinity: Nanobots
Description: A mage in a dark cloak and hood. His face is hidden in shadows, but he has dark eyes and blonde hair.
STR= 0
DEX= 3
SPD= 1
END= 1
POT= 3

(Shout out to @Whisperling for the recommendation)

Get to the tower and make four essences afterward.
"If magic can't solve a problem, the answer is always more magic." - Whisperling

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #6819 on: January 16, 2017, 10:13:40 pm »

3 more essences

Try to feed the crystal bird a non-chaotic +1/+1 essence, trying this since it was originally created by a collapsed essence near the crystal
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6820 on: January 17, 2017, 02:26:02 am »

Three more Essences.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6821 on: January 17, 2017, 11:07:01 am »

Doktor Diabolical twitched as his unconscious mind picked up the magic signature of the newest mage.

"MWAHAHAHAHA!"

A villainous laugh followed.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6822 on: January 17, 2017, 12:00:42 pm »

Chorkinaan returns to the forge room and revisits Skelliborn.

I've got it! With Viznor's help, I've cracked the code. Royalty is able to morph and extend in such a way because it lacks a state of matter, and therefore is unbound by the traditional laws that govern form, adhesion, cohesion, and structural integrity! The best part is, I'm fully capable to recreate such a material! I call it Subcolloid. Anyway, I think I aught to use my next few minutes cleaning up my mess.

Three essences, survey the damage I caused whilst getting ahead of myself in testing Royalty's capabilities.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6823 on: January 17, 2017, 12:08:54 pm »

Name: Markus
Description: A mage in a dark cloak and hood. His face is hidden in shadows, but he has dark eyes and blonde hair.
STR= 0
DEX= 3
SPD= 1
END= 1
POT= 3

(Shout out to @Whisperling for the recommendation)

Get to the tower and make four essences afterward.

I'm gonna want you to give some example spells for that affinity. These affinities are getting ridiculous
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6824 on: January 17, 2017, 12:25:49 pm »

((Oh yeah, come to think of it, that's a pretty restrictive affinity. You sure that's the one you want?))
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 506