Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4121781 times)

Rafatio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #5055 on: July 26, 2018, 03:32:07 pm »

You did actually unpack the archive first? (its a zip, if you got a rar better download from the link in the first post)

Just tried it, busy cursor for a moment then it closes silently.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5056 on: July 26, 2018, 03:41:54 pm »

You did actually unpack the archive first? (its a zip, if you got a rar better download from the link in the first post)

Same questions as above for you. Also, what pack version? Have you run other versions successfully? From what I understand, this pack has never worked for BugDV, and given the lack of reports from other people, it's probably not a widespread issue.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

HerbalistRanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: July 26, 2018, 09:33:55 pm »

Does DFHack work for 0.44.12 ? I'm all confused. Having hard time finding previous version df.wicked-code.com too.
Embark is crashing with startdwarf10 and embark-skills max. Rarely working with just startdwarf

edit- I got it to work...I don't know why but it works. Figured out how to adjust skills after embark. Doing fine with 10 dorfs 5x5 embark on large world.
It's actually working exceptionally well : D The load times for rerolling my start dwarfs is fast! Amazing. Praise Armok!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 04:29:13 pm by HerbalistRanger »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: July 26, 2018, 10:57:14 pm »

DFHack definitely works. Have you tried disabling TWBT? What about not running the commands you mentioned?

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Rafatio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: July 27, 2018, 01:53:50 am »

Same questions as above for you. Also, what pack version? Have you run other versions successfully? From what I understand, this pack has never worked for BugDV, and given the lack of reports from other people, it's probably not a widespread issue.
Its working fine for me, I was just trying to reproduce bugdv's issue, running the starter from inside the zip gave me exactly the behaviour they mentioned.

BugDV

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: July 27, 2018, 04:15:54 am »

I did unpacked it, non of the versions work. Used to work before, now neither versions are. Yeah, pretty sure it's something personal with my system, was hoping still that someone knows what happened/changed since than. (Put in one of the event viewer log into the original post. But if it helps, the error code is 0xc0000417.) My system is Windows 10 Home edition. No longer keeping an antivirus besides the built in one.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: July 27, 2018, 08:40:27 am »

Its working fine for me, I was just trying to reproduce bugdv's issue, running the starter from inside the zip gave me exactly the behaviour they mentioned.
Oh, oops, I thought you meant you unpacked it first. Sorry about that.

BugDV, I did search for that error code (0xc0000417) earlier and got a ton of sketchy malware-esque sites. I did finally find out that it corresponds to STATUS_INVALID_CRUNTIME_PARAMETER, but that doesn't help a whole lot.

Can you try different PyLNP versions from https://bitbucket.org/Pidgeot/python-lnp/downloads/? In particular, 0.13a is newer than this pack. It'll probably complain about not finding a DF folder, but if it can start at all without that error, that's good.

Is there anything more detailed in system error logs when this happens? Any more detailed crash reports?

Also, what's your system language? Have you installed anything related to C/C++ development?

taleden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: August 03, 2018, 08:45:31 am »

I think there's a mistake in the packaging of the Phoebus graphics pack (possibly others too, that's just the one I've dug into).

In the "Phoebus-44.11b.zip" release package is this folder structure, and for illustration I've noted an example file from the folder:

Code: [Select]
data/art/           (Phoebus_16x16.png)
data/init/          (d_init.txt)
data/twbt_art/      (Phoebus_32x32_Next.png)
data/twbt_init/     (overrides.txt)
raw/graphics/       (graphics_phoebus_dwarves.txt)
raw/objects/        (creature_standard.txt)
raw/twbt_graphics/  (phoebus/dwarves.png)
raw/twbt_objects/   (language_DWARF.txt)

The installation instructions explain that the twbt_X folder contents should be copied over the top of their regular X counterparts if TWBT will be used.

But in the "PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.44.12-r02.zip" release package, I see this folder structure under LNP/graphics/Phoebus/ (with the same example files):

Code: [Select]
data/art/           (Phoebus_16x16.png)
data/init/          (d_init.txt)
raw/art/            (Phoebus_32x32_Next.png)
raw/graphics/       (graphics_phoebus_dwarves.txt ; phoebus/dwarves.png)
raw/init/           (overrides.txt)
raw/objects/        (creature_standard.txt ; language_DWARF.txt)

So the raw/twbt_X/ folders have been correctly merged with the raw/X/ folders, but Phoebus' data/twbt_X/ folders seem to be incorrectly merged into raw/X/ rather than data/X/. This means for example that overrides.txt ends up in raw/init/ where it has no effect, which I think is what's causing so many people to report that bins, stairs, trees etc look wrong. It also means the Phoebus 32x32 tiles aren't available in the starter pack because they're in raw/art/ instead of data/art/ where they belong.

Thanks!

BugDV

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: August 07, 2018, 12:19:58 pm »

Oh, oops, I thought you meant you unpacked it first. Sorry about that.

BugDV, I did search for that error code (0xc0000417) earlier and got a ton of sketchy malware-esque sites. I did finally find out that it corresponds to STATUS_INVALID_CRUNTIME_PARAMETER, but that doesn't help a whole lot.

Can you try different PyLNP versions from https://bitbucket.org/Pidgeot/python-lnp/downloads/? In particular, 0.13a is newer than this pack. It'll probably complain about not finding a DF folder, but if it can start at all without that error, that's good.

Is there anything more detailed in system error logs when this happens? Any more detailed crash reports?

Also, what's your system language? Have you installed anything related to C/C++ development?

Managed to get somehow a separate error report besides the usual:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Somehow I'm unable to open the listed files. Googling around still...

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: August 07, 2018, 12:47:49 pm »

You are using 64-bit Windows, right?

a52

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes crows for their intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: August 07, 2018, 04:13:36 pm »

I'm having a really bizarre issue with extracting the folder. Whether I extract it or copy everything from within the zip, I always end up missing a bunch of files. Most notably, almost all of the utilities are missing, which is how I found out about the problem. Copying individual files over seems to work fine, but I have no way of telling what other files might be missing.

I checked the SHA for the initial zip, and it matches the SHA provided at the DFFD page, so it's not an issue of a corrupted or incomplete download. I would just use SHA to determine which folders were incorrect, since I have a correct zip to go off of, but I can't SHA files within a zipped folder.

Unfortunately, since the initially downloaded file seems to be fine and I haven't seen anybody else with this issue, it's probably something specific to my system that everyone else will be unable to help me with. However, it figured it was worth making a post on the off-chance that somebody else has had a similar issue, or somebody could provide me with an unzipped folder.

a52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: August 07, 2018, 04:26:22 pm »

I'm having a really bizarre issue with extracting the folder. Whether I extract it or copy everything from within the zip, I always end up missing a bunch of files. Most notably, almost all of the utilities are missing, which is how I found out about the problem. Copying individual files over seems to work fine, but I have no way of telling what other files might be missing.

I checked the SHA for the initial zip, and it matches the SHA provided at the DFFD page, so it's not an issue of a corrupted or incomplete download. I would just use SHA to determine which folders were incorrect, since I have a correct zip to go off of, but I can't SHA files within a zipped folder.

Unfortunately, since the initially downloaded file seems to be fine and I haven't seen anybody else with this issue, it's probably something specific to my system that everyone else will be unable to help me with. However, it figured it was worth making a post on the off-chance that somebody else has had a similar issue, or somebody could provide me with an unzipped folder.

I unzipped it with $ unzip in Cygwin, and that seemed to work fine (as well as being way faster -- like 10 seconds instead of 20 minutes), so problem solved, I guess.

EDIT: Agghhh, that's messed with all the permissions, so the files can't access each other properly... I'll get this figured out eventually...

EDIT 2: Okay, permissions are fixed (so glad you can change the permissions for children files from the parent folder), and everything's working fine! So if, by some chance, somebody else has the bizarre sequence of issue I dealt with today, they can hopefully refer to what I did.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 05:30:45 pm by a52 »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: August 07, 2018, 05:34:35 pm »

Sounds like overzealous antivirus software to me.

a52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: August 07, 2018, 05:36:55 pm »

Sounds like overzealous antivirus software to me.

That was my guess.

taleden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5069 on: August 08, 2018, 08:26:49 am »

I think there's a mistake in the packaging of the Phoebus graphics pack (possibly others too, that's just the one I've dug into).

Any comments on this? The same problem apparently also exists with the Spacefox graphics set, as mentioned here, and looking through the LNP/graphics folder structure it looks like Ironhand, Mayday and Obsidian are also impacted.
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 385