Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1170479 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Year Two: The End of a Booze-soaked Era]
« Reply #1515 on: February 21, 2013, 04:59:44 am »

lol i was already asleep by the time you posted that :P

Oh well, maybe next time.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: February 21, 2013, 01:06:03 pm »

lol i was already asleep by the time you posted that :P

Oh well, maybe next time.
There is a fear growing inside of me that my next turn will be interrupted by nap time!
 :o

Demdemeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: February 22, 2013, 03:04:55 pm »

If there's room for me to do this tomorrow, I will definitely be able to get in on this tomorrow evening. Let me know, and I'll start with the new world.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: February 22, 2013, 05:04:13 pm »

First Drunk First Served!  If nobody else is already playing and you're drunk, it's all you :D
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Demdemeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: February 22, 2013, 06:17:53 pm »

My wife will be pleased.

No, really. She's going to be serving me the booze while I play. It's for the best. I hold my liquor like an Elf, I fear...

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: February 22, 2013, 07:38:53 pm »

My wife will be pleased.

No, really. She's going to be serving me the booze while I play. It's for the best. I hold my liquor like an Elf, I fear...
This just keeps sounding better and better :D

I can't wait for the surprise in that world to be found. Should be entertaining.
how do I lizard Werewolf

bragos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: February 23, 2013, 07:51:16 am »

if possible please upload the save quickly after the session.

I think there might be a risk of me wanting to take a turn when i get home tonigth (should be no earlier then 3:00 am CET (gmt+1)

no guarantees ofcourse and if you are already drukin' it up i will do a turn some othner time :)

Demdemeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: February 23, 2013, 09:41:03 am »

If I get there, first, I'll be sure to put it up (or have my wife do it) immediately after.

Demdemeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: February 23, 2013, 06:11:36 pm »

So I've started drinking, and my wife is going to kill me, I think. We got Bacardi 151, Patron Silver, and Disaronno Amaretto. I suppose I'll stop fixing my posts after this, since she's givn me a coke-colored glass of Bacardi. I'm sure there's no coke in it.

My download is finishing, and I'll give it a bit to make sure I'm good and wasted (like my wife on't let me not be), and we'll go from there.

bragos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: February 23, 2013, 07:58:30 pm »

Have fun!

I'm not getting drunk tonight it appears, so no hurry with the save on my account needed anymore :)

Cheers!

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: February 23, 2013, 08:59:41 pm »

So I've started drinking, and my wife is going to kill me, I think. We got Bacardi 151, Patron Silver, and Disaronno Amaretto. I suppose I'll stop fixing my posts after this, since she's givn me a coke-colored glass of Bacardi. I'm sure there's no coke in it.

My download is finishing, and I'll give it a bit to make sure I'm good and wasted (like my wife on't let me not be), and we'll go from there.

Your wife sounds perfect for Drunk Fortress.
Have you shown her how to upload saves in case you pass out on your keyboard? :D

If it shows up in time and I lack anything better to do and my fiance goes to sleep early, I might take a crack at a turn. That's a lot of ifs, though.
how do I lizard Werewolf

Demdemeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: February 23, 2013, 11:36:57 pm »

Journal
1705 (GMT-6): My wife is setting forth my first drink. I'm downloading both the newest world and a clean DF game (LNP), because all of my others are heavily modded (Fortbent and Fallout Equestria ftw). I have Bacardi 151, Patron Silver, Disaronno Amaretto, and some Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple or some other beer to drink if I end up feeling like it. I won't, because we bought the rest of it today.

1717: I'm halfway through the glass, feeling numb all over, and trying to find those Obsidian shear values (sheer?) to put in the thing. But I don't know where they area.
1719: Realized I could looke it up on the wiki. Truggling not tofix typos at this ooint. I'm usually very good about doing it immediately, to the point whete it has begon to bother me that I can't. I'nm almost over it, now. Must be working.
1722: Obsidian like knives, now. Sharp and things.
1727: Drnik two is kjuicyjuice tropical punch and Patron siler. I'm already feeling the rist one. Like an elf, damnit.
Playing Plague inc. until drunk enough for dorfs.]
1732: Myst be drunk enugh. Eissy and a little loopy. Starting.
1734: Drunkedeled is opened. Looking for best spot for things.
This is a lot of responibility. Finding an embark... I anna free glass with magma and stone, but don't know what to look for. :( Magam and sand, rather.

1741: All volcanoes are hoaunts with nor deep err shakkow matals and fluxstones.

Except the terrifying ones.

Found haunted with clay, deep metals, and flux stone. Extreme effor of will to type woith as few typso as this. We'll see hos this gos.
Decided against. I don't have faith I can dhanlde haunted spbers, muche less drunk.
Insead, warm untamed wilds, hsallw and deep mtals, flux stone, clay.
Only have six and myself, so being selfish and naming the first six after first six oversser. Fmore migrants can e other people.

1754KL: Disarronno and coke. mmmm
1. Grinate: Misko is doctor, with all docotr thing and some hauling.  Alsoc , tu msoe wood. Siquo and Wrex mine!
11 Granit: I alreayd have no idea wht the fuck I'm doing. Dgging fram in the sane underneath the first. Then some well from the second.
28 Granthe: Why GWE not farm? Stil l hauling? DamniT! STOP!
Olmp hlmset to the max
!
Galensa?!
4 Felsite: Wow, I've internalize d Grecian crosses...
SLEEP THErem YOU FJERsK!
8 Felsite: WHJAT?! BADGER BOARS? NOOOO!
1931: Can't say cat's name., Good job, Demdemeh.
10933: Reading through log: What?! I cam't undestand my own rods!
1935: Late Spring: You like Grecian crosses? I do!
8 Hematite: Remember tha I have somehow forbidden gathering foor! Dince start, jerk!

Oh yeah. Se ond Amretto and coke3!
17 HJematite We have som uch lemontie, you guys!
MIGRANTS
3 Malachite: WHO WILL DO WHAT?!
5Malachite: Smooth s;ome sutff until its suooth and stuff
 2011: I can't make sense of what's happening onmy screen anymore.
WHY HA<STERMANS?!
2 Limestone: KJust dig some holes in the ground, noiw, whatever. God dwarves!
I'm pretty wastd. 1636. Still runningh things. This is some mor migrants things.
 Stp agtherin nothi! Trainall the tim1! rest of you, do stuf!4 Sandastone: Kill all Gaint Mantises! Wrestle to death!I'm, kinda the suck at this. my fortrass seems toso safe. I hate srting it.

15 Timber: Go, dumed! Strade mso thimgs for stuff!
20 TimbeR: Moar leather, and bird.
 voird for exs.
 26 Timber: Byall the laethers~
20 Opal: Kamin Jr. Names. Axemaster Dos. Seondleader of squa. FGlens of Wheeling. First killed by panda read.Damn. Game over. Spring as arrive.

Demdemeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: February 23, 2013, 11:51:39 pm »

Logs & stuff - posted by the wife. He's a bit too drunk to be of any further use tonight. Pics or it didn't happen, right? So here are some snapshots!

The drinks for the night. We used a combination of 151 (to hit him hard and get things started), Patron (eh, why the hell not?), and Disaronno (his drink of choice, wussy)

First drink at 17:05! 151 & Coke.

Seriously, naming took him about an hour. He was already wasted.

This was after his finished the game. Both of the dogs (you can see Lacey Lou's legs in this photo and most of Sora Belle in the next) decided it was 'snurgle' time. This is the noise that he makes when they swarm him and lick his face and roll around on him. Hence all of the dog hair. Oh and that random sock is the one that he stepped in the dog vomit with - Sora found it and carried it back in when he fell down. I love my dogs.

It took him a solid five minutes to stand back up and he kept running into the wall.

See he's alive and well! Promise! I'm going to make him do lots of yardwork tomorrow! HOORAY!

http://www.stolenshadow.com/dorfed/Drunk%20Fortress%20Screnshots.pdf <--- His screen shots
http://www.stolenshadow.com/dorfed/Journal.pdf <--- His Journal (usually I can't understand his handwriting chicken scratch, but this might as well be in greek for the most part. I've NEVER seen him type so poorly in my life!)
http://www.stolenshadow.com/dorfed/wifes%20log.pdf <--- My journal!  :D
tehsaves <--fer the next gy.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 12:07:28 am by Demdemeh »

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: February 24, 2013, 12:57:13 am »

The bar has been raised! This new advancement in Drunk Fortress technology known as "DF Supporting Wife" may sweep the world by storm!

I enjoyed the logs, thanks!
how do I lizard Werewolf

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: February 24, 2013, 01:38:58 am »

My girlfriend may be inducing Alcohol-Powered Dorfism in me soon.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 341