Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1191546 times)

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 187 Conflicted destinations
« Reply #6075 on: September 16, 2016, 03:27:05 pm »

Two shards a bottle? I'll take eight! ...Or I would, but I only have three shards. I'll take one, please. And yeah, the skeletons were coming out of these odd crystal towers in the eldritch valley north of here.

Chorkinaan trades with Ilium Skydepth and then casts a spell to cap off one end of his magical tube, then creates two essences.
"Crystal towers, eh? It all fits in...interesting."
Ilium pauses momentarily, seemingly distracted by his thoughts.
"Tell you what. Since you've been so helpful, I'll make you a special offer: I'll throw in an extra bottle in exchange for a single shard and a simple favour to be determined in the future, such as assistance with a spell. What do you say?"

If Chorkinaan agrees, exchange 2 bottles of invisibility potion for his 3 shards.

As for trading at present I have no shards but perhaps in the future I may have the funds to buy some of your stock.
"The prices are negotiable, of course. I'm open to making alternative deals if you've got anything else worth offering, spells included."

In the meantime, continue some PM'ed stuff. Negotiations shouldn't interfere with a mage's personal life, after all.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6076 on: September 16, 2016, 03:36:48 pm »

Two shards a bottle? I'll take eight! ...Or I would, but I only have three shards. I'll take one, please. And yeah, the skeletons were coming out of these odd crystal towers in the eldritch valley north of here.

Chorkinaan trades with Ilium Skydepth and then casts a spell to cap off one end of his magical tube, then creates two essences.
"Crystal towers, eh? It all fits in...interesting."
Ilium pauses momentarily, seemingly distracted by his thoughts.
"Tell you what. Since you've been so helpful, I'll make you a special offer: I'll throw in an extra bottle in exchange for a single shard and a simple favour to be determined in the future, such as assistance with a spell. What do you say?"

If Chorkinaan agrees, exchange 2 bottles of invisibility potion for his 3 shards.

As for trading at present I have no shards but perhaps in the future I may have the funds to buy some of your stock.
"The prices are negotiable, of course. I'm open to making alternative deals if you've got anything else worth offering, spells included."

In the meantime, continue some PM'ed stuff. Negotiations shouldn't interfere with a mage's personal life, after all.

Sounds like a deal! My affinity is physicality, meaning I can control the physical aspects of... anything, really. I can also create objects, but I have to manually set all their physical aspects; it's a bit easier to have a base.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6077 on: September 16, 2016, 04:30:33 pm »

Ahh, trade. It is just not fair unless both sides think that they are ripping off the other.

Also, new poll for mental defense stat.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 04:46:06 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6078 on: September 16, 2016, 04:46:07 pm »

I like the idea of STR being the mental defence stat, since it's kinda weak right now.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6079 on: September 16, 2016, 08:39:31 pm »

Survive anyway, because I have +2 to END.

To be unintentionally killed by a friend, of all things... I had a really cool final(?) spell, too. Darn.

((Out of interest, what was it gonna be?))
A healing punch would be really helpful right about now.

If I am healed:
Give FoU a nice GBM-boosted Bardic Song.

If I am not healed:
Use my blood mage powers to form the blood that I am spilling so profusely into runes for a GBM-boosted ritual. Activate it and (temporarily?) become a sound elemental (or an air elemental, if sound elementals aren't a thing).
Flavor touch: The runes look like and/or are sheet music for a small excerpt from the beautiful symphony that was the masterpiece of the founder of the first Music mage. As the ritual activates, the excerpt plays.
The above does not include the planned spending of essences and shards, and the crossed out part was originally an error.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6080 on: September 17, 2016, 10:51:52 am »

Well then.  Change my designation to 'Hello.  Nice tower.'
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6081 on: September 17, 2016, 11:39:01 am »

Viznor walks out of one of the walls, raising an eyebrow at Magus N.A.'s redesignated plant.

"Simple speech will suffice, Magus. Jase is not here, but he is present, so to speak."

With that, the clawed, four-armed mage walks back into the tower's insides. A faint "No, Biomatrix, I am not interested in an additional stomach" can be heard before the tunnel seals itself up.

-----------------

Viznor's next appearance is in the courtyard, where he gives the mages of T.O.A.M. a small nod before speaking to Ilium.

"I apologize for my tardiness, Trickster, although it does not appear to have inconvenienced you. Are my services required once again, or do you simply wish to sell your goods?"

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 186 Planar travel and Space exploration
« Reply #6082 on: September 17, 2016, 02:39:41 pm »

Blood. So much blood... For a moment, Kahel could not believe all of it came from his gaping chest injury. For the next, he could not believe the power he had now in his possession.

"You're dead."

Use animated blood to regulate blood flow and form a protective crust over the injury. Next, use the blood already on the ground to form a bubble around pyramid beam-forming crystal to crush or temporally neutralize it. If Xom is material, rush in to deliver cutlass directly into his body.
((Sorry about the delay; I meant to post an action yesterday but was too busy to do so.))

In a desperate bid to preserve his hide, Xom retreats whilst trying to distort the blood curse with chaos magic and instructing the pyramid to fire at Kahel's exposed lungs. He also implores the Chaos god (already confirmed to exist) to contribute to this doomed battle in its own hilariously fatal FUN way.

((Will the curse be destroyed? Empowered? Changed? ONLY THE DICE WILL TELL!))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

{Sorry guys, missed you two and only remembered after going to bed. Also, Prismatic, remember when I said that the sell would happen at the beginning of this turn? I messed up answering you and gave you a false hope that you could dispel it. Sorry about that too. Really, this fight turn was probably one of my bigger blunders.}

Before either of combatants could ready themselves for another move, chaos that was Xom disappeared and returned to his human form. The spell cast by Kahel rushed into Xom, forcing blood to rush out of him. it evaporated into red mist, leaving behind shriveled skin and under-supplied organs. It would certainly impede the battle, so Xom directed his pyramid to fight Kahel while he prayed to Chaos god. Alas, Chaos god was unamused by this battle and chose to ignore the prayer. Kahel was making much better use of the time, dodging away from the dismantling beam and rushing towards Xom with cutlass raised high. Blood formed a shield over his chest and wrapped around the pyramid cap, causing a yet unknown degree of obstruction. He expected chaos mage to dodge and feinted an attack, but Xom just stood there dumbstruck, resulting in merely a gash on his left arm. The shriveled up flesh was as easy to cut through as paper.

{Xom, Drained - 50% chance to get a -1 to all physical rolls.}
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 05:34:57 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6083 on: September 17, 2016, 03:32:20 pm »

((DG... Its a clusterfuck of confusing rolls, really.

My translation:
1) Xom got somewhat drained of blood, but endured (what result here d2 roll decided?)
2) Xom got lead and prayed. Unsuccessfully.
3) Kahel dodged, then (what's the actual result of two blood-related actions?)
4) Unamusing swordsmanship versus bad dodging (what the hell two d2 decided here and for whom?)
5) Kahel got Drained. Uh... Sorry, what?))
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 03:33:52 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6084 on: September 17, 2016, 04:03:02 pm »

((DG... Its a clusterfuck of confusing rolls, really.

My translation:
1) Xom got somewhat drained of blood, but endured (what result here d2 roll decided?)
2) Xom got lead and prayed. Unsuccessfully.
3) Kahel dodged, then (what's the actual result of two blood-related actions?)
4) Unamusing swordsmanship versus bad dodging (what the hell two d2 decided here and for whom?)
5) Kahel got Drained. Uh... Sorry, what?))

((Xom got drained of blood and that caused him to become Drained. All d2 rolls after that are for Xom's next physical roll to know if he gets an extra malus on it.

Fixed blood actions.))
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 04:05:31 pm by DreamerGhost »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6085 on: September 17, 2016, 04:24:19 pm »

((Thanks for clarification! Please, change status at the end - it still mentions Kahel as being drained, instead of Xom.

Now, to think of my next action...))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6086 on: September 17, 2016, 04:54:13 pm »

((Quick suggestion to put into the rules section. At present, when a new player reads the rules post it doesn't say how essences are formatted. For example,
would a +1/+2 essence be +1pot/+2cmp or the reverse.))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6087 on: September 17, 2016, 05:32:10 pm »

Viznor's next appearance is in the courtyard, where he gives the mages of T.O.A.M. a small nod before speaking to Ilium.

"I apologize for my tardiness, Trickster, although it does not appear to have inconvenienced you. Are my services required once again, or do you simply wish to sell your goods?"

((Just out of curiosity, is the "walking through walls" act actually canon?))

"Greetings, Sage. Considering your uncanny awareness of things as slight as a desire for your presence, I am surprised that the answer to your question has eluded you so. The truth is that I seek both. You see, I have recently begun to dabble in the alchemical arts, producing a batch of invisibility potions as the fruit of my experiments. The elixir is perfectly functional, but its true potential seems to have been stunted in part by my inexpertise in the field. What I seek from you is knowledge of alchemy, with all the preparation and purification methods it entails. Will you grant me this?"
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6088 on: September 17, 2016, 05:53:41 pm »

"Greetings, Sage. Considering your uncanny awareness of things as slight as a desire for your presence, I am surprised that the answer to your question has eluded you so. The truth is that I seek both. You see, I have recently begun to dabble in the alchemical arts, producing a batch of invisibility potions as the fruit of my experiments. The elixir is perfectly functional, but its true potential seems to have been stunted in part by my inexpertise in the field. What I seek from you is knowledge of alchemy, with all the preparation and purification methods it entails. Will you grant me this?"

((Posh.))
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 05:55:41 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Gonchon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6089 on: September 17, 2016, 09:52:02 pm »

press the button, make four essences.
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 506