Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 676366 times)

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: There Are No Heroes
« Reply #1170 on: May 27, 2014, 11:18:31 am »

Ok, MDF is off the overseer list. Hope you're not gone forever.

I'm basically gone until September. So if the fort's still around then, I'll see if I can get back into it.
I'm just hoping to see the end of Archmage's turn before I leave so I can keep the fort going for those two months. Not that I'll have a lot of time to play vidya gaems. Gotta actually do my job and socialize and whatnot.

Still though, the fort's come a long way these past few turns. A really long way. We went from basic survival to overstocked, actually reasonable living conditions and large-scale engineering projects in like 2.5 turns. I can't wait to see where we go in the future.
My Vlads go to whoever can put them to good use.

EDIT: This would be a rather pointless FPS drain, but you theoretically could cause our brook to drain into the aquifer, could you not? It'd be cool to see the river flow into the fort and then not flow out the other side. Plus, it'd be a good plot explanation for our INFINITE POWER.
Again, though, it's a pointless exercise. Not sure if FPS would improve or get worse because of it; we might have more or less flow tiles created depending on the aquifer location. If you put floor grates in there though you could wind up with automated fish capture.
Yeah, this project probably shouldn't end up happening.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 11:32:54 am by MDFification »

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: May 27, 2014, 01:08:29 pm »

How many dwarfs do we have, because I could try to take a turn if the fort it's self is not to much of a FPS hog ha.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: May 27, 2014, 03:31:58 pm »

I'm basically gone until September. So if the fort's still around then, I'll see if I can get back into it.
I'm just hoping to see the end of Archmage's turn before I leave so I can keep the fort going for those two months. Not that I'll have a lot of time to play vidya gaems. Gotta actually do my job and socialize and whatnot.

Still though, the fort's come a long way these past few turns. A really long way. We went from basic survival to overstocked, actually reasonable living conditions and large-scale engineering projects in like 2.5 turns. I can't wait to see where we go in the future.

EDIT: This would be a rather pointless FPS drain, but you theoretically could cause our brook to drain into the aquifer, could you not? It'd be cool to see the river flow into the fort and then not flow out the other side. Plus, it'd be a good plot explanation for our INFINITE POWER.
Again, though, it's a pointless exercise. Not sure if FPS would improve or get worse because of it; we might have more or less flow tiles created depending on the aquifer location. If you put floor grates in there though you could wind up with automated fish capture.

As it is I’m getting 74 FPS when it isn’t raining, and with temperature off. I will probably turn temperature on for things like obsidian casting. When it is raining, we have a rather low FPS.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: May 27, 2014, 03:36:04 pm »

As it is I’m getting 74 FPS when it isn’t raining, and with temperature off. I will probably turn temperature on for things like obsidian casting. When it is raining, we have a rather low FPS.

I guess my computers significantly better than yours then - I have a drastically better framerate once dfhack tweaks that improve framerate without altering gameplay are on. Have you tried what the wiki recommends?

EDIT: You might want to try disabling weather in the init as well. I don't think weather is a very significant factor here (now that morale is high enough a little rain won't put us in serious danger of a spiral)  and it'll stabilize your FPS at its current maximum.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 03:38:13 pm by MDFification »

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: May 27, 2014, 03:37:52 pm »

I've finally started updating the OP with links to overseer posts. It'll take a while, because damn there is a lot of plot going on here.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: May 27, 2014, 03:38:55 pm »

I've finally started updating the OP with links to overseer posts. It'll take a while, because damn there is a lot of plot going on here.

Just copy/paste from my first post in this thread - I've got all current overseer posts linked there.
Your naming scheme is hilarious though.

EDIT: I just realized something hilarious.
Demongate is being controlled from behind the scenes. A group of shadowy officials meet in secret to decide the fortresses fate, overruling civilian government decisions and running the fortress on their every whim. Drunk beyond belief with power and copious amounts of Sunshine, they control by decree the entire settlement.
Their name is 'the Evening Prayer Group', and they shall broke no interference in their plans.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 04:05:09 pm by MDFification »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: May 27, 2014, 04:44:11 pm »

Could we put a basic bath somewhere in a hallway? Just a few tiles of 4/7 water? The rain was the only thing washing the dwarves off.

Also, someone needs to floor over the ponds inside the walls. Remember that guy that drowned?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: May 27, 2014, 05:23:38 pm »

Remember that guy that drowned?
Is it bad that my first thought on seeing that was 'You're gonna have to be more specific'?

At least the Evening Prayer Group's decisions cause misery because of incompetence rather than spite. Only three or four more fortresses and we'll have a society whose existence actually benefits people!
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: May 27, 2014, 06:14:31 pm »

He was a siege something-or-other that got knocked into a pond while carrying a cage during an overseer transition.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: May 27, 2014, 06:29:04 pm »

He was a siege something-or-other that got knocked into a pond while carrying a cage during an overseer transition.
I don't believe he actually drowned.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: May 27, 2014, 06:33:18 pm »

See, this is what me playing the fort by myself does to me. It confuses me on what has actually happened.

Also, we need to floor over the pool around the drop zone under the traps. Body parts and corpses fall in there and we can't get them out.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: May 27, 2014, 09:02:48 pm »

Is it bad that my first thought on seeing that was 'You're gonna have to be more specific'?

At least the Evening Prayer Group's decisions cause misery because of incompetence rather than spite. Only three or four more fortresses and we'll have a society whose existence actually benefits people!

Funnily enough, Evening Prayer Group's drunken oligarchy seems to be remarkably efficient when confirmed to work in concert. When individual overseers make choices, things get overlooked. (must... resist... urge to point out low morale pre-Vlad)

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: May 27, 2014, 09:48:01 pm »

Funnily enough, Evening Prayer Group's drunken oligarchy seems to be remarkably efficient when confirmed to work in concert. When individual overseers make choices, things get overlooked. (must... resist... urge to point out low morale pre-Vlad)
Thinking of anyone in particular? Hmm?

Gnora sat quietly in the schoolhouse, busying herself by reading a small scroll on mathematics. With the aid of a piece of paper and a pen, she could now perform basic arithmetic, though she still preferred to count in terms of fingers and hands, simply out of force of habit. She had little time to study, and she rarely attended lectures of Tarmid. Nevertheless, she figured that there were certain things that a girl simply ought to know in the world, and she would devote some of her free time to these studies.

She had not yet spoken to the dwarf known as FallenAngel; she was worried that the crazed bug-killer would turn on her. After all, one that derives such pleasure from the incineration of insects could not possibly be the most stable fellow around. She had taken to the problem of the dwarf as she did with her problems with the other founders: she avoided him.

Gnora put down her scroll as she thought of the other founders and their allies. They always gathered together in the evening to guzzle down their alcohol until they were more intoxicated than a dwarf should have the ability become. To make matters worse, they were drinking sunshine! They had let themselves forget that they're dwarves, not men. Gnora knew that, although the founders could hide in the caverns and drink themselves to death for all she cared, she would have to save the rest of the fort.

But how exactly could she do it? She began to shudder noticeably as she thought of poisoning the sunshine barrels; such a thing would be going too far. Any direct damage she did to the supplies would be attributed to her automatically, and in her eyes the entire fortress seemed to be out for her blood as it was. Was there any way that she could subtly rid the fort of the sunshine? Her mind began to turn to politics. Such a field was, after all, what all the "modern" dwarves were getting into. Perhaps she could convince the overseer to ban the substance?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 01:26:01 am by Gnorm »
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: May 29, 2014, 10:18:42 am »

Again, real life means construction of Castle Helgarde and this-can’t-possibly-go-wrong arrangement of hot and cold plumbing, power transmission, and superspeed minecarts is going a bit slow. Highlights are the unnecessary decoration of magma forges, lack of bins, and need for MOAR POWAH.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: May 29, 2014, 01:02:25 pm »

Who'is turn is it right now!!?? If we are still waiting on the same guy whelp I say that he has long enough.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 172