Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 153294 times)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #150 on: September 29, 2016, 01:17:45 pm »

"Yes, my mother and four younger brothers; my father died last year in an accident.
Human families can vary wildly, from an entire clan with several generations living more or less together in a same building, to basic couples and their children, until said children grow and go seek their own housing wherever they can afford.
How about your people?"
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 29, 2016, 01:40:45 pm »

*sigh*Fine. . .

Dexter returns all the juice boxes except one
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 29, 2016, 02:29:43 pm »

Well elven families live in large clans which can contain quite a few different families. Families of the same clan almost always live together or if their isn't enough room near each other. A elf will also have two last names a clan name and a family name. I gave you my family name vis Stritan which means of Stritan. Stritan was the founder of my clan and the first family line in my clan which I belong to. The families in a clan will also work together to support each other and clans will work together to support the elven people.

((If it isn't communistic enough just tell me.))
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 08:55:18 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 29, 2016, 05:13:17 pm »

"I see. As with most human things, human naming is very variable too. We usually have a personal name, and a family name; normally from the father's family, but sometimes the mother's family name is also used, and more rarely exclusively. The order of the names can also change according to the culture. The family names can represent an ancestor, a profession, a place, a totem animal, plant or spirit. Some cultures don't use family names at all and have a patronymic instead, others may have a patronymic alongside family names. There were also cases in which the patronymic or family name is replaced by a personal deed, but that's very rare.
The proper names can allude in a direct or poetic form to an ideal, a feeling, a virtue, or something that happened at birth; it can be a historical important person's name, or it could just be in an ancient tongue without a thought of the name's meaning, or even just something that sounded nice to the parents like a syllable from each of their names..."

Going inside, Amadou opens one box and stores the remainder on a cupboard.
"Right, gather around; let's open one and see what's inside. Since you said you can't read our language, I'll read you the instructions aloud."
He proceeds to take each item, read its name and instructions, and place it orderly on the table.
Each box meant to be a day's worth of food for an entire Gate team of six, with six breakfast nutrient bar that's meaty and tastes very much like delicious smoked bacon using REAL labgrown meat! along with orange juice boxes and a 250ml bottled water for each person.

Six lunch nutrient bars that's essentially a high-carb sandwich substitute, very condensed and engineered to be as filling as few bites as physically possible. Meant to be eaten on the go along with another 250ml bottled water and boxes of apple juice to wash it down.

Six dinner instant stew bars that could be boiled together or individually, as well as more 250ml bottled water. Grape juice boxes.
"So, this stew bar is my dinner, to be cooked with a bottle of water, and I have this juice to drink. Of course, you can change the order of meals according to your scedule or preference: for instance, you might want the stew for breakfast and the bacon for lunch, and eat the energy bar during your night watch. The same with the juices that go with them, but you can even exchange the flavours with someone else; all the juices are nutritionally identical, all that's changed is just the flavouring and colouring agents.

Now, let me show you how to operate the stove..."
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 10:43:35 am by Maegil »

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 30, 2016, 07:40:50 am »

((Edited the naming conventions on the previous post.))

While explaining his actions, Amadou cooks his bar together with anyone else's.

After eating and showing the others how to clean up and wash the dishes, he pings security and asks if a package arrived for him, and they can locate his other team member. He asks if they know about the Akras Afrika evacuation, if the convoy has managed to leave all right, and what news do they have of Terraside.

Being told that the African transports hasn't departed yet or about the blockade to Akras US, he'll become visibly agitated.
"My family! My entire family is coming on that convoy, is there something that I could do to help Terraside? Yes, please pass along the request. Thank you, I'll be waiting!" Hanging up on the PDA, he turns to the team: "The other companies have discovered that Akras was hoarding powerful new technologies and learning about magic, and decided to destroy us and steal the knowledge. Akras was declared a rogue state and attacked worldwide, some HQs were destroyed but we held in Africa and several other places. They're evacuating to here, my entire family is coming on the African transports, but our HQ Terraside is under siege so they can't come in. Instead of sitting here waiting, I've asked permission to go through the gate to help. If it's allowed, do you want to see what my world looks like?"
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 09:13:41 am by Maegil »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 30, 2016, 09:18:10 am »

I would be glad to come, not only to see your world, but to see if there is anything I could do to assist. Please, take me with you.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #156 on: September 30, 2016, 09:21:37 am »

((Holy shit how did I miss this? Am I still able to make a character? -EDIT: bit removed because no longer applicable-))
((Also for reference, I am not the guy Anya and Neri was talking about.))

Spoiler: Reserti Refertiti (click to show/hide)

Also I noticed that Elves lacked racial skills in the doc. I put some in, but I don't know how accurate I've estimated them. For reference, I've given all elves 2 levels in one discipline and 1 level in another as innate skills. I've also given them muscle ranged weapons 3 (As well as it being an easy skill for them) because elves and bows. Animal skills level 3 as well, because they're one with nature (or is that only DF elves?)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 12:02:59 pm by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 30, 2016, 10:30:51 am »

((Edited the naming conventions on the previous post.))
If it's allowed, do you want to see what my world looks like?"[/shadow]

"Yes. Due diligence is very important."
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 30, 2016, 10:56:49 am »

Also I noticed that Elves lacked racial skills in the doc. I put some in, but I don't know how accurate I've estimated them. For reference, I've given all elves 2 levels in one discipline and 1 level in another as innate skills. I've also given them muscle ranged weapons 3 (As well as it being an easy skill for them) because elves and bows. Animal skills level 3 as well, because they're one with nature (or is that only DF elves?)

((Right. I's starting to wonder who was it, and if they're still interested...))
((IIRC, the Elven racial trait is -1 cost to all magic instead of predetermined skills or traits. The horses were actually metamorphs and were deemed a biohazard or something))
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 11:00:57 am by Maegil »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #159 on: September 30, 2016, 11:10:50 am »

((Right. I's starting to wonder who was it, and if they're still interested...))
((IIRC, the Elven racial trait is -1 cost to all magic instead of predetermined skills or traits. The horses were actually metamorphs and were deemed a biohazard or something))
You're thinking of the human kelpiehorses, not elven mounts. All races get both traits and skills, I think it was an oversight made by myself, Neri and Anya.
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 30, 2016, 11:25:34 am »

[What, how and why would Elves get their own unique mount that's untamable by any other species? Is there some sort of a mechanic hard lock? I dunno, I'll need to see what Kevak thinks about this.]

Amadou were soon told that Akras Afrika have successfully evacuated, the compound have been set to go nuclear and the transports are on their way.

Though it might get intercepted by US Fighter jets, but if they can make it through Jet Fighters and SAMs, then it'll be smooth sailing. As it seems that Foxhound have wrecked the Akras US Blockade already.

Sadly the only thing you can do now is hope and pray that the transports aren't shot down before they get here.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #161 on: September 30, 2016, 11:30:13 am »

[What, how and why would Elves get their own unique mount that's untamable by any other species? Is there some sort of a mechanic hard lock? I dunno, I'll need to see what Kevak thinks about this.]
((I never said anything about it being untamable by other species. Although I'd imagine that a proud elvish mount would not want an orc on its back, for example. When I said elven mounts, I meant generic horses which have been put through generations of fine-tuning through breeding programs.))

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 30, 2016, 11:36:55 am »

[How does 'generic horse' have preference of it's rider? and how is there even a generic horse on Gaia? you don't even have generic sheeps! The ecology also doesn't make sense, nevermind where they originate from. Horses, while have powerful kicks, couldn't put up enough of a fight to Gaian monsters. Kelpies have a great defense mechanism and some intelligence, even a Griffon wouldn't want to eat a Kelpie. If it were some sort of a Velociraptor-like monster then it would maybe make some sort of sense, like Terran wolves being domesticated. They're dangerous, they hunt in pack and are somewhat intelligent.

So break it down for me as to why and how could there be 'generic horse' on Gaia and why would the elves choose it as their preferred mount compared to other options that are either more dangerous or plain more useful to them. If the answer is satisfactory then you can have your 'Generic Horse'.]

[EDIT: Also, added link to the OOC thread in first post that I decided would be fine to use with the other game's. At least to stop things from cluttering too much.]
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 11:43:33 am by vkiNm »
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #163 on: September 30, 2016, 11:39:36 am »

((I just thought that for ease of writing for everyone involved. I was drawing off tolkien elves. Currently editing stuff. What kinds of monsters are there other than the wasps? I would go with demigryphs, but they're apparently rare and I don't know my warhammer))
((O-o - I got it! Again borrowing from tolkien, kut not-really? The elves domesticate giant birds. Not as straight-up deadly as a gryffon, but would make for a terrifying bird-archer. Permission, Anya?))
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 11:53:14 am by Insanegame27 »

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 30, 2016, 11:44:05 am »

Amadou reads the message and is almost sick with worry. "Thanks, guys, but the higher-ups say that the Foxhound team already broke the blockade and there's nothing for us to do there, and that all I can do is hope they make it past the air defence and manage to get here..."
He sits down at the table, his head on his hands, radiating despair. "If only I could do something, anything at all..."

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 201