Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 768197 times)

GalacticMonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #4035 on: May 10, 2021, 07:58:12 am »

@SirNuke

I managed to compile and run this (had to migrate to .net core 3.1 + change some code related to loading png files) but it looks like it's working. And yes it does look similar to the original Chapter Master game. Nice work so far, but you'll need a lot of time to add all those features that you want.

Screen shot:

SirNuke

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: May 10, 2021, 10:37:31 am »

@GalacticMonkey

Thanks. The UI still needs a ton of work, so we're prioritizing that right now. One of the more difficult challenges is in making art assets, as neither of us are particularly good at making them. The assets used so far are borrowed from Duke's Chapter Master, for the most part. If you or anyone you know can help, it would go a long way to seeing this project to completion.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: May 10, 2021, 11:56:05 am »

@GalacticMonkey

Thanks. The UI still needs a ton of work, so we're prioritizing that right now. One of the more difficult challenges is in making art assets, as neither of us are particularly good at making them. The assets used so far are borrowed from Duke's Chapter Master, for the most part. If you or anyone you know can help, it would go a long way to seeing this project to completion.

Unfortunately, I think there just aren't that many artists sitting around bored looking for projects. For Only War, I've done a blend of doing a little bit of art generation myself and using freeware sources, and just accepted that, down the road, if I want to make it look nice, I'll need to go find an artist on fiverr or something.

SirNuke

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: May 11, 2021, 08:40:37 pm »

@GalacticMonkey

Unfortunately, I think there just aren't that many artists sitting around bored looking for projects. For Only War, I've done a blend of doing a little bit of art generation myself and using freeware sources, and just accepted that, down the road, if I want to make it look nice, I'll need to go find an artist on fiverr or something.

It's always worth a try, you never know when an artist with free time is browsing the forum unlikely as that may be. By the way, nice work on Only War.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: May 11, 2021, 09:05:01 pm »

@GalacticMonkey

It's always worth a try, you never know when an artist with free time is browsing the forum unlikely as that may be. By the way, nice work on Only War.
I've been terribly derelict of duty over the last month or two. Typical excuses, but I at least looked at the repo today!

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: May 12, 2021, 04:11:35 am »

Ask for suggestions through a meme on r/grimdank to take this to the next level. More importantly, you'll probably get some new programmers in the process, since that's where the hotbed of 40k lore enthusiasm is.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 04:19:47 am by Novel Scoops »
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Guardsman111

• Bay Watcher
  • 91st Special Action Regiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: May 13, 2021, 06:16:39 am »

Nice to see yet another project on this! DOW type battles would be great fun!

In news for Special Space Force, the combat system is implemented (if extremely buggy and lacking effects for the wider scenario) and you can see a quick overview here - https://youtu.be/FFw7hCDCzow

If you want to join the testing, follow the link to the discord on that video - there's a server there waiting for your feedback!

However, work on the project needs to stop for the next 2 weeks as I finish other coursework deadlines - I hope to get back to development after the start of June!

Have an awesome day everyone :)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 09:31:19 am by Guardsman111 »
Check out Special Space Force, an army management sci-fi strategy game, at www.bitsparkentertainment.co.uk

craftomega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: June 17, 2021, 10:11:50 pm »

Someone called The Lion just through an updated Chapter Master to 0.6560 and uploaded it onto 1d4chan. Looks like they only added some cheats and bug fixes.
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Chapter_Master_(game)#Key_Links_for_the_Alpha

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: June 17, 2021, 10:36:39 pm »

Praise Him!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Abbeb

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: June 18, 2021, 12:10:13 am »

Someone called The Lion just through an updated Chapter Master to 0.6560 and uploaded it onto 1d4chan. Looks like they only added some cheats and bug fixes.

Can someone check this out, maybe reupload to mediafire.

Had Nortan, Chrome and Firefox claim the site and the download was malicious.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: June 18, 2021, 07:07:40 am »

Anonfiles was left without moderation for a long time, leaving it to be a pit full of malware and the worst, most disgusting illegal shit imaginable. Most antiviruses detect it on that basis. It has been fairly safe since it got shut down and reopened under new management, though. Virustotal shows nothing, so the file its self is probably clean.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

craftomega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: June 18, 2021, 09:20:29 am »

Anonfiles was left without moderation for a long time, leaving it to be a pit full of malware and the worst, most disgusting illegal shit imaginable. Most antiviruses detect it on that basis. It has been fairly safe since it got shut down and reopened under new management, though. Virustotal shows nothing, so the file its self is probably clean.

I suspect that anonfiles was used for anonymity, also the file is clean as far as I can tell, and the game does seem to be updated. Also The Lion seems to semi active on 4chan: https://boards.4channel.org/tg/thread/79858623

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: June 18, 2021, 09:58:51 am »

I had some reservations about downloading it too but I figured if someone posted a malware link to 1d4chan, they'd be all over it like the Inquisition busting a Warp Dust operation.

Launched the game and everything appears in order, nothing on my system freaked out. But yeah, the dl site did not give me warm fuzzies.

I appreciate this because after the last couple forks I had a hell of a time getting CM to run properly. So it was nice to have it just fire right up.

Man the intro to the game is so good.

Oh hey, just noticed I have a writing credit hehe.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 10:15:10 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

0mn1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: June 19, 2021, 12:37:51 am »

So, I stumbled across CM several weeks ago (v0.6555 + heresy), a magnificent ghost of a game that never happened.

Here are several questions that bother me:

1. Where is the actual save game file located? I'm not a pc pro, couldn't find it myself.
2. Can you somehow edit them? Some small irritating things just scream for a quick edit - for example, to give a ship a normal name instead that derpy pseudo-randomly generated bullshit - like Mourning Wood and such; or edit some more dreadnoughts for Iron Hands which were just forgotten to be placed where they belong. Slightly edit the livelry and so on. Can this be done?

I've heard that cm's game code is (maybe on purpose) quite a mess, and so save edit is most likely not will be a thing, but... I decided to ask these questions anyway and hope for the answer. Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: June 19, 2021, 08:43:28 am »

Is there an email to send bugs to? Sometimes after fighting Orcs, the apothecary opens and never closes again, meaning I have to reload a save.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 288