Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which country will we play in the American Civil War?

Combined Syndicates of America
- 8 (22.9%)
American Union States
- 6 (17.1%)
Pacific States of America
- 15 (42.9%)
United States of America
- 6 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: The Disunited States of America (Darkest Hour: Kaiserreich)  (Read 39789 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: The Disunited States of America (Darkest Hour: Kaiserreich)
« Reply #105 on: December 23, 2012, 04:13:41 am »

I've never heard of a Cascadia independence statement that wasn't tongue-in-cheek or a joke, but some have pointed out that Oregon, Washington, California, and parts of B.C. could make a pretty effective and self-sufficient country. (With a pretty big economy, to boot.) Problems coming from the fact that nobody seriously thinks that separating three states from the union is a great idea for anyone involved.
As we're about to see, the biggest impediment to such a program is the 47 other states (soon to be 48) that would oppose such a move.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 23, 2012, 04:36:49 am »

Lol @ 0 votes for the US.

I've never heard of a Cascadia independence statement that wasn't tongue-in-cheek or a joke, but some have pointed out that Oregon, Washington, California, and parts of B.C. could make a pretty effective and self-sufficient country. (With a pretty big economy, to boot.) Problems coming from the fact that nobody seriously thinks that separating three states from the union is a great idea for anyone involved.
As we're about to see, the biggest impediment to such a program is the 47 other states (soon to be 48) that would oppose such a move.
Unfortunately for them, however, we have the Cascades in the way, and the Rockies if we can claim them in time. So they're gonna have to attack us in the mountains if they want to show their disappointment.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 23, 2012, 05:00:15 am »

Apart from that ti's pretty cool. Did the pics come from the game, or did you drudge the interweb for them?

Also, go for the CSA. A government owned by oil corporation is a government of the people!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 23, 2012, 08:11:28 am »

I find it a bit horrible that if you join a group of people, they all have to agree to let you go before you can leave it.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 23, 2012, 08:22:39 pm »

Apart from that ti's pretty cool. Did the pics come from the game, or did you drudge the interweb for them?
I look for the pictures, I tend not to get pictures that fit what the paragraph exactly but then again I don't imagine there's a whole lot of pictures of Syndicalist American Militia's.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 24, 2012, 12:49:53 pm »

Unfortunately for them, however, we have the Cascades in the way, and the Rockies if we can claim them in time. So they're gonna have to attack us in the mountains if they want to show their disappointment.

So we would have the strategical advantage.  All we need to do is claim them quickly and defend.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 25, 2012, 02:50:57 am »

So we would have the strategical advantage.  All we need to do is claim them quickly and defend.
Might only be 46-47 states opposing Cascadia if Texas secedes during all of it.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 25, 2012, 03:04:57 am »

Less, actually, because New England was occupied by Canada.

Then there's the infighting...
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 25, 2012, 03:11:58 am »

I've seen the Republic of Texas modded into this scenario, it is a shame it isn't standard.
I find it a bit horrible that if you join a group of people, they all have to agree to let you go before you can leave it.
Being that you complain about the Union at every opportunity, maybe you should watch this.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 03:23:52 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 25, 2012, 07:19:27 am »

I've seen the Republic of Texas modded into this scenario, it is a shame it isn't standard.
Being that you complain about the Union at every opportunity, maybe you should watch this.

It has merely reaffirmed my concerns. Although he does show that, as was the case with Scotland, even if there is no particular "get out of the Union" option that doesn't really matter as long as there is some kind of democratic mandate to hold a referendum. Negotiation can create that "get out of the Union" power. Long live the free nations of the world.

Trollheiming

• Bay Watcher
  • I do. I really do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 25, 2012, 09:55:43 am »

Long live the free nations of the world.

To be honest, I'm not even sure what a nation is these days. I hardly view Americans as united around any grand ideas, and certainly not in common heritage. I suppose language is the only real glue. The exact thing that the European Union will never have...

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 25, 2012, 09:59:58 am »

Long live the free nations of the world.

To be honest, I'm not even sure what a nation is these days. I hardly view Americans as united around any grand ideas, and certainly not in common heritage. I suppose language is the only real glue. The exact thing that the European Union will never have...

The definition of the word nation is so elastic you can basically shape it to whatever you want it to be. It really does cause problems during certain debates, mind you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 25, 2012, 10:43:23 am »

America is united around the inclusive notion of American citizenship, a set of shared rights and responsibilities*.  You can actually see this manifested in Kaissiech because all four factions share notions of american freedom even though they hate each others guts and have strong differences.  Even when we imagine Americans being torn apart we still imagine them as being fundamentally united by national heritage.

*This is not to say that other nations cant embrace some or even all of the exact same notions about citizenship, it's just to say that these ideals are very tightly wrapped up in what American-ness means.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 10:46:36 am by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]