Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Serious wound recovery  (Read 595 times)

Ruttiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://https://server2.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/s/p1/
Serious wound recovery
« on: March 26, 2008, 01:33:00 pm »

One of my original dwarves, my broker specifically, ran into a kobold master thief.  I figure, he's got good agility and toughness, lets switch him to military and have him beat the little bugger senseless.  So I switch him and a few second later the kobold is dead.  Now, he took a lot of serious injuries.  Criticals and everything.  Nothing severed, but tons of red and yellow, bad damage to internal organs, the works.  He wakes up, goes home, and I'm distracted by a vein of something or other being found, and when I find him again seconds later he's in perfect shape.

Is this a bug?  Is it because he's extremely tough?

Crafty Barnardo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Serious wound recovery
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 01:38:00 pm »

Yellow wounds heal pretty fast on tough dwarves, but I don't think red ones are that fast.  Are you sure you weren't looking at the kobold on the same tile just before he died?
Crafty Barnardo cancels task:  distracted by shiny object

Ruttiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://https://server2.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/s/p1/
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 01:45:00 pm »

Nah, my dwarf was unconcious when I found him.  He also left a trail of blood as he walked away (if it was kobold blood, then those kobolds sure have a lot of blood in em).

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 01:55:00 pm »

Every now and then, a critter will "forget" that they are brutally injured.  I had one dwarf who had her arm broken by a wolf.  She dropped her weapon, pummeled the beast into wolf butter, and then picked up her weapon again.   Not a scratch on her.

That wasn't my only encounter with it, it's happened a few other times as well.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 04:32:00 pm »

Yeah, I remember having my Trader once building a bridge or something that collapsed due to lack of supports. She had all sorts of nasty injuries, but just climbed back up and got back to work. A little later, no injuries. Odd bug.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ColonelTEE3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 05:10:00 pm »

I had a legendary miner have two close calls, i cant even remember why, all i remember is that in both instances, he had red wounds that eventually healed. Even then, he continued to do daring feats like taunting goblins by making them chase him around my half finished traps...the irony is that with that instance in particular he came out without a scratch.
Fikod Rulushzasit Alis Mozir, Mace Lord has grown attached to a fox

leather coat

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 08:32:00 pm »

Sounds like a bug.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 09:01:00 pm »

Did the season happen to change?

There is a chance for red wounds to turn into yellow wounds on season change (which is, afaik, the only time they can heal). Yellow wounds and lower heal pretty fast if a dwarf has alot of toughness. So maybe he hit the bed, season changed and he got lucky and all his red wounds went to yellow then healed.

If there was no season change, then... I dunno. I've never seen a dwarf heal super fast before.

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 11:49:00 pm »

I've seen red wounds disappear incredibly fast, and I've seen them last years.  Lots of randomness in the healing process.